Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
05/17/2011 12:02 PMPosted by Nethaera
certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based

I have no problem with this, however if we are going to pay extra for it I would like to add in a couple suggestions.

* Ability to bring Real-ID Friends into a raid lock out as well
* Ability to select dungeons out of your level range (ie Hey guys lets go see if we can get Anzu)

Thanks!
Are we going to get charged to be able to send our Heirlooms to other realms, should that be implemented some day?
Well apparently, our subscription fee is not enough to pay for development of new content.

Have you ever wondered why 6 years and there is no subscription fee increase? This is why, these optional services shave off the inflationary increases.

It is optional, you do not have to get it. You can always play this game normally like how it was in classic. Group with people on your own server.

That being said, they need to come out with content lot faster than now.
WoW is not that expensive... not sure what the problem is. The only thing I hope for is a way to pay for it without having the add a cc or bank account. They should sell additional game cards of some sort for those of us who have been burned by online purchases.
I don't mind paying for it.

Blizzard is a business. The purpose of a business is to make money.

The definition of whether a pay feature is successful is whether people pay for it. The value of a feature is the maximum amount people are willing to pay for it in numbers appropriate to hit revenue goals.

Simple.
I was excited and then my hopes were dashed. Pass.
05/17/2011 01:02 PMPosted by Fatloots
Are we going to get charged to be able to send our Heirlooms to other realms, should that be implented some day?

I'm guessing that the mobile subscription will be tied into this premium service, and that cross server mail and transfer of BoA stuff will all fall under that premium subscription.
I'd /ragequit except I already paid up front until August. Oh, well. I guess it's time for me to try out Spiral Knights. At least, that's only free + payshop, as opposed to sub + payshop.
05/17/2011 12:02 PMPosted by Nethaera
certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based

Pass.

If it based on the "Real ID" system, doesn't that mean I would be required to share my Real ID information - my real-life e-mail address - in order to participate?

So basically, IF I am willing to share personal data with complete strangers AND I'm willing to pay for "premium services" on top of my subscription fee THEN I can get a tool that might make /LFD less bad?

That's quite a deal.

Please remember that the following about Real ID http://us.battle.net/en/realid/

Whom should I add to my Real ID friends list?

Real ID is a system designed to be used with people you know and trust in real life – friends, co-workers and family – though it’s ultimately up to you to determine who you wish to interact with in this fashion. When you become Real ID friends with another player, you will be sharing your real name and opening up new communication options with that player. In addition, players who are Real ID friends with that player will be able to see your name in a “friends of friends” list, which allows people to be able to quickly send Real ID friend requests to others they may know.

Just so everyone is aware, we are continuing to watch comments in this thread as well as compile questions so that we can answer them for you at a future point in time. As the original post said, there is much more that still needs to be worked out before we can answer all of your questions.

As always, please post constructively and refrain from Forum Code of Conduct violations.
Blizzard is slowly building a subscription based game with f2p store elements. They have the best of both worlds.. Sub every month and people buying extra stuff... I admit I am guilty. I like to buy the extra pets... Felt good to buy the newest one to help Japan... but like others have said a IN GAME function should not cost a premium.

Problem is WoW is so big that they can do this and get away with it.. If it was a small game the repercussions of people leaving in protest would be great. With all the subs blizzard has they can pretty much do anything and still make money off this game.

Coming soon... New Raid that you can only enter if the guildmaster has the premium service....
Patch 4.3
World of Warcraft now costs twenty dollars a month.
As well as purchasing the expansion packs to play them, an additional 5$ is tacked onto the monthly payment per xpac installed.
Raids now cost 2$ per instance per character per month.

Mages:
Ice lance damage has been increased by 5000%.

How jocular this is, this is along the same lines as the stuff we are seeing here. Honestly blizz, more free stuff is what brings the players in. Make this free and you might notice a large quantity of players coming back from rift because they never could pay for realm transfers, but now they can at least play with their friends.

lol
Patch 4.3
World of Warcraft now costs twenty dollars a month.
As well as purchasing the expansion packs to play them, an additional 5$ is tacked onto the monthly payment per xpac installed.
Raids now cost 2$ per instance per character per month.

Mages:
Ice lance damage has been increased by 5000%.

How jocular this is, this is along the same lines as the stuff we are seeing here. Honestly blizz, more free stuff is what brings the players in. Make this free and you might notice a large quantity of players coming back from rift because they never could pay for realm transfers, but now they can at least play with their friends.

Free stuff? I was always under the impression my monthly fee paid for
1)Upkeep of the game
2)Additions to the game
3)Some profit for good ol Blizzard

Why is number 2 going away?
Meh, all the fansites are already in an uproar.

I for one won't stick around if it costs money. WoW has sucked enough money away from me. I won't pay extra to play with my friends from High School. I talk to them through Real ID, and that is nice. However, it would be GREAT to play with them.

But will I pay to do it? No. Will I quit and never look back should the ABILITY to play with them be introduced, but I'd have to pay EVEN MORE THAN I ALREADY DO to play it? Yes, yes I would.

And for those who say "Just re-roll". No. I have YEARS invested in the characters on this realm. I am not going to ditch them just to play with a friend. This feature would undermine the whole idea behind WoW and the Real ID system.

World of Warcraft will have legal issues with this, actually. I won't say what, but I'm sure sooner or later someone at Blizzard will figure it out.

If this goes through, Blizzard better be prepared for their subscriber count to drop AT LEAST under 10 million, if not much lower.

Here's a quote for you guys.

"We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.
--Rob Pardo, Blizzard's Senior Vice President of Game Design (2/20/2008)"

Why yes, yes I do. And MANY MANY MANY others do. Apparently, blizzard wants to betray it's playerbase, and go against what it was founded on.