Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 26 Next
I'll pay for it if you can make it work with raids, too.

I recall once Blizzard said Premium Services wouldn't ever affect the actual game. And this does. .

^this

Way to increase Sub rates? Make more features that allow us to hang with our friends, no matter the server AND MAKE THEM FREE.
Think the main problem with ppl complaining every time money is thrown out is now one does realize the costs of something as Huge as WoW.

How many servers are there? i bet the cost thousands to keep running in each cluster.
Wow never really tells you much on server setups . But i gather each content is a serve. severs for instances. and are grouped as a realm.

Development, you have to pay your employees for work, Hey d you get raises at work? i bet they do too or they wouldn't have employees stick around.

If you don't want to pay then don't that's your choice don't sit around and bad mouth them.
Blizzard is a Company they are there to make money, i bet WoW pays for development for your other Pretty games Like Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 since they are just Pay 50 dollars for a multi million dollar development game and cost no fees to play.

That's why we pay a monthly fee. Even though people want to cover saying it's to "allow us access to the realms". And we also pay for the expansion packs.
Has there been one positive comment since the very first one?
I would not mind paying for a premium service. If this was not the only thing that was included in the premium service.

For instance, if the premium service had invite your cross relm friends. As well as remote auction house. Perhaps free name changes and free server transfers. Also free race changes and character customizations.

ya know. add all these things into the premium service and tak on an extra few bucks a month.
Think the main problem with ppl complaining every time money is thrown out is now one does realize the costs of something as Huge as WoW.

How many servers are there? i bet the cost thousands to keep running in each cluster.
Wow never really tells you much on server setups . But i gather each content is a serve. severs for instances. and are grouped as a realm.

Development, you have to pay your employees for work, Hey d you get raises at work? i bet they do too or they wouldn't have employees stick around.

If you don't want to pay then don't that's your choice don't sit around and bad mouth them.
Blizzard is a Company they are there to make money, i bet WoW pays for development for your other Pretty games Like Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 since they are just Pay 50 dollars for a multi million dollar development game and cost no fees to play.

well, i'm glad that Blizzard wasted countless man hours and money developing something you and 8 other people will use.
Well, to play devil's advocate, I can see why they might want to make this a paid service. Wanting to play with friends is a big reason why people server transfer, and if they no longer have to do that, Blizzard will undoubtedly lose some money on it.

But Blizzard was a successful company LONG before they had the income from server transfers. Losing some of that income surely would not be a make-or-break thing.

And as other people pointed out, this does affect gameplay, much more than a mount or a pet, your name or appearance, or even the ability to chat cross-server. Having to pay extra for what is arguably a gameplay advantage is a road I do not want to see Blizzard start on.

Please, guys, let's not put even one foot on that slippery slope. Keep the paid services strictly for things that don't affect gameplay.
Serious questions.

If this is a premium service... and they claimed that they wouldn't offer any premium services that affect the game, those would all be free...

Well lets go into everything they could do without "affecting the game" if they do this.

You are no longer allowed to have alts, alts are a premium service that you have to pay for.
You can only play on one server, playing on other servers is a premium service that you have to pay for.
You are no longer allowed to use in game chat, chat is a premium service.
Forming a guild now costs real money, as it is a premium service.
The ability to earn achievements is now a premium service.

All of the above mess with the game very slightly, but you can still play it without having a disadvantage to other people... oh wait...
05/17/2011 01:19 PMPosted by Holee
Has there been one positive comment since the very first one?

I do not think so.

(Un)fortunately.
This is absolutely ludicrous. This is a feature which should exist in the game, and you want to put a price tag on it.

Blizzard is smart; as proven by a stellar track record with WoW, but I REALLY doubt you'll be succesful at turning a monthly-fee based game into having a F2P games pricing arrangement as well. Its like you're attempting to combine the two, which is absurd.

Mobile Armory. Mobile Guild Chat. I'm okay with these, these services exist entirely out of the game so I can understand you'd be going out of your way to make these.

Server transfers, Char recreations, Race Changes. Faction Changes. Although a bit to expensive, these also don't bother me; I can understand how these could take a lot of development time.

But something that exists entirely IN GAME and helps improve the sociability of this game DOESNT need to be a premium service. How long until you create the next new dungeon finder and THATS a preium service? Ect.

I'd rather you spend your developers time developing parts of the game you deem non-premium services than spend their time developing a service I'll never use because it should be a part of the game anyway.
Premium service? your joking right? you really think your gonna charge us to invite friends into a party? i really hope people dont plan on supporting this service, its quite ridiculous that you would want to charge more money when we already pay so much. You guys needa rethink your policy on this.
Makes me wonder why we didn't get charged to use the optional Voice Client they developed back in the day.

THAT would've made sense. Not being able to play with friends from other realms.

I recall once Blizzard said Premium Services wouldn't ever affect the actual game. And this does.

Pets are one thing. This game functionality is a completely different one.
Wrong. You can still do everything the dungeon finder intends to do, except invite those friends. Thats not affecting functionality.