New Raid system...no

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
Why Blizzard? I can see that you really really really want to encourage more and more bad players into this game as their were in Wrath, now i do know the difference between bads and casuals here
Casuals being not necessarily bad players, but players that are good but don't raid as much as elitists and pros
and bad players being that really detrimental player base that believes all content should be faceroll easy

Here's the thing: there is no reason you should be making the first tier of content faceroll easy, i would prefer you having a non-casual game and it's quality being vastly greater, i mean, don't you have pride in this game? why would you create content that people will now just regard as a nuisance to the next tier I.E. Firelands, it will just exist at this point, instead of being a learning tool to PROPERLY prepare you for the next tier which will be harder (hopefully, unless you are following your wrath mentalities) and more rewarding

what ever happened to that rewarding feeling? certainly making 359's available through justice points in 4.2 doesn't give that rewarding feeling that i got something EPIC

EPIC is EPIC, and you, for some reason, like to make EPICS seem like greens, just common, it really is disappointing, i would prefer this game go back to the way it was in TBC, just with the new fun boss mechanics, just... the design if the game is... flawed... i do hope blizzard wakes up and realizes it should be quality over money, which, in our modern time isn't anymore...

PLUS this content was never hard, it took minimal brain capacities, its just these bad players that post on the forums (which is the majority of the people who post on forums, not all but most) that were engineered by Blizzard in wrath to be bad... because of its difficulty

Blizzard, you do how little people post on the forums yes? how about doing some in game polls to really see what people want, and not what the idiots on the forums want

I get this feeling that all the people crying about the nerf are the people who want to feel like they are "leet" or better then everyone else.

Seriously get over it. If you've already completed the content they why do you really care? Your gonna be off killing stuff in firelands, why should you care that Blizzard is giving less fortunate players a chance to finish or see content that they may not have be able to do otherwise.

You can call it what you want (bad players, bad guilds, etc) but the fact is you have no idea nor a right to assume you know why such and such player doesn't complete content. This change will allow "some" of those people to do so. Get over it, you won't be doing normal cata entry content anymore to begin with. You'll likely be doing Firelands or Heroic versions of this old content (which isn't changing at all).
So many of you are missing the point, OP and Ologhai looking at you. Until mid wotlk myself and many of my friends were still able to raid quite regularly. We were very hardcore in BC. A huge chunk of the sub base that's been playing for years are all grown up with familys and real jobs. Don't mistake many of us forced to be casual as unskilled, but time simply isn't there.

Myself, I work 10 hours a night 5 days a week doing a major service provider sub migration and take care of my son during the day. So yeah, I will stack my skill next to yours any day because I did the real hardmodes before the term was cool. I just prefer to "pwn" RL for my family and their future.
You're not very smart are you?

How hard do you think these raids will be in 3 months when everyone's in Firelands equivilent gear? Not too hard?

So the gear, from old content, is not an achievement. You earn it at equivilent level, you earn your 359 gear, when the new tier is released you earn your 373 gear. The content is being nerfed to make it easier for people to gear up for Firelands.

Caring about someone getting gear that's worse than the standard level, months later... That's just sad man.

People wouldn't be in firelands gear if they weren't gift wrapped content appropriate gear by blizz. There would be no facerolling of old content if the up and coming content required you to complete the old content. Shocking idea I know.

In other games you need to complete levels 4 and 5 before going to level 6. You don't whine and complain to the developer to give you the code to go straight to level 6 because when you get there you'll die anyway since you couldn't even beat level 4. That is called progression and it should be designed to make players better through both gear and expirence. Nerfing it cheapens the content and fails at making better players.

Maybe you aren't very smart?

we can see that most people are looking for more accessible raid content

took a while but at least its finally happening

The point is also sailing over your head. Why would I worry about progressing through it if I know I can wait until 4.3 or 4.4 when the content will be nerfed? I'd get the exact same rewards but have to spend less time and effort to get them.

You'd probably worry about it as soon as you realized you'd be playing tiddlywinks until Christmas just for some words over your head and a dumb animal to ride on.

The point is also sailing over your head. Why would I worry about progressing through it if I know I can wait until 4.3 or 4.4 when the content will be nerfed? I'd get the exact same rewards but have to spend less time and effort to get them.

You'd probably worry about it as soon as you realized you'd be playing tiddlywinks until Christmas just for some words over your head and a dumb animal to ride on.

I'm not terribly sure that made any sense, but, okay?
I'm really not sure why anyone would complain about this change...

If you are already done with T11 content, then happily go on to Firelands and stop worrying that some other people will get a chance to see what you already finished. It's basically the same as worrying that people are now killing the Lich King when you did so at the time it was new.

If you are not done with T11 content and are upset that the challenge was lowered, then have fun working on heroic modes instead of moving on to Firelands, if that's your cup of tea. It's not like you're forced to move on just because you beat nerfed normal modes if you don't feel you "deserve" to yet.

The whole system makes alot of sense. Raid tier gets released. People work on said raid tier. When a new raid tier comes out, the old tier's gear gets moved to justice points so that people can level up new characters to be eligible to see new content, and the old tier's raids get nerfed so that people can have a chance to finish old content if they are still stuck on it.

People who are complaining that the game is getting easier for other people who are still trying to progress need to stop stressing about what someone else now gets to do and instead just feel good that they were able to see it first, back when it was new. Everything eventually gets nerfed, if for no other reason than you gain some more levels at the next expansion.

How hard do you think these raids will be in 3 months when everyone's in Firelands equivilent gear? Not too hard?

So the gear, from old content, is not an achievement. You earn it at equivilent level, you earn your 359 gear, when the new tier is released you earn your 373 gear. The content is being nerfed to make it easier for people to gear up for Firelands.

Caring about someone getting gear that's worse than the standard level, months later... That's just sad man.

People wouldn't be in firelands gear if they weren't gift wrapped content appropriate gear by blizz. There would be no facerolling of old content if the up and coming content required you to complete the old content. Shocking idea I know.

In other games you need to complete levels 4 and 5 before going to level 6. You don't whine and complain to the developer to give you the code to go straight to level 6 because when you get there you'll die anyway since you couldn't even beat level 4. That is called progression and it should be designed to make players better through both gear and expirence. Nerfing it cheapens the content and fails at making better players.

Ahh, you have the answers. please point me to another mmo more successful than wow since those other games have a better formula. Since you're so smart why are you playing this game instead of those that do it so much better?

One day RL will call and I think you will have a big dose of sad bud.
Holy god. People will complain about anything.

This. Is. How. WoW. Works.

When a new tier comes out, the previous becomes almost irrelevant. BWD will be a Valor-run.
As did everything else in the history of WoW. Get over it. If they didn't post every single change they make, people would hardly notice. Those bads? The one's that couldn't raid before? Ten bucks says they still wont be able to down regular Al'akir even 20% nerfed.

Nothing is in danger, the sky is not falling. Everything gets nerfed when new content comes out, the fact that people bother posting about it is just silly.

OHNO, the content you're doing now will be irrelevant in six months! Abso-duh. That's how the game has always worked. Stop saying precedents are being set and that ANYTHING is changed from how the game used to be.

Business as usual, folks. Move along, nothing to see here.
I'm really not sure why anyone would complain about this change...

If you are already done with T11 content, then happily go on to Firelands and stop worrying that some other people will get a chance to see what you already finished. It's basically the same as worrying that people are now killing the Lich King when you did so at the time it was new.

If you are not done with T11 content and are upset that the challenge was lowered, then have fun working on heroic modes instead of moving on to Firelands, if that's your cup of tea. It's not like you're forced to move on just because you beat nerfed normal modes if you don't feel you "deserve" to yet.

The whole system makes alot of sense. Raid tier gets released. People work on said raid tier. When a new raid tier comes out, the old tier's gear gets moved to justice points so that people can level up new characters to be eligible to see new content, and the old tier's raids get nerfed so that people can have a chance to finish old content if they are still stuck on it.

People who are complaining that the game is getting easier for other people who are still trying to progress need to stop stressing about what someone else now gets to do and instead just feel good that they were able to see it first, back when it was new. Everything eventually gets nerfed, if for no other reason than you gain some more levels at the next expansion.

This is a game that requires group play. Lowering the bar creates weaker players that the rest of us have to deal with. By not teaching people how to play in the first place, blizz is weakening the community as a whole. I want to play with good players and players that help each other get better. Progressing through the content should do that, but if its nerfed it won't.

This type of hand holding creates entitlement and poorer players. Rather than bringing people but blizz is lowering us all. Sad really.
05/24/2011 07:07 PMPosted by Goingpostal
idiots on the forums want

Irony.
05/24/2011 07:31 PMPosted by Bashiok
CRAAAAWLING IIIIIIN MYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIN

Bash you ok bro? I mean you aren't gonna go all Tseric tsuntsun on us are ya?

So you are level 5 going into level 7?
Or are you going to say level 6 was optional?
05/24/2011 07:51 PMPosted by Brohk
I'm sorry to hear that their enjoyment of a mount is solely derived from its exclusivity.

It's a good thing it's not. I just have a hard time accepting that what I and my guild worked hard for will be 20% easier in as little as a month - and that doesn't count the fast that people will outgear it as well. To me, it's a way of saying "Well, we are glad you worked hard and earned that title and mount, but now it's time for everyone to have it so we're going to make it easier for them."

You enjoyed it for months earlier then others will. And you know your own memories of achieving it. What does it matter?

I'm not terribly sure that made any sense, but, okay?

It has taken six months for this raid tier to get nerfed and its achievements to be trivialized. Firelands is probably going to get a similar expiration period. That means these hypothetical players that are going to be doing nothing, waiting for their free Firelands crap, will be doing so until Christmas.

That is why nobody is just going to sit around until things get nerfed, because it is ridiculous.