Raid Updates for 4.2

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 14 15 16 26 Next
Atleast don't let these casuals get the titles... making them equal to people who actually try sickens me.
BlizzCon: We will make this as awesome as TBC!
December: We will NOT nerf dungeons unless absolutely necesary!
February: Oh, I think we'll just nerf it a little bit
March: We will steadily nerf content after it's realeased
May: Nerf everything by 20%!
No offense but the fact that you're pretty much giving away the Tier 11 gear was good enough, that gear was designed with the HEROIC encounters in mind. Overall nerfing of content because a few people are whining about the content being hard is not a way to handle the game. What you should do is make content do more to help the players succeed without actually doing anything in terms of nerfs/buffs. Blizz I understand you've had a large exodus of subscribers, and you think that's because you didn't make enough concessions, you believe content is too hard because a few very whiny people go on the forums to complain, yet you have all the numbers and metrics that prove otherwise.

P.S:I will not be unsubbing because I primarily play this game for the social aspect and I'd loath to leave because blizz feels as though a bunch of whining means people are leaving en masse
Just to clarify for those that have been asking, these changes only apply to Normal mode and not Heroic.
I think the only thing left to say is.. unsubbed
05/24/2011 04:19 PMPosted by Nethaera
Just to clarify for those that have been asking, these changes only apply to Normal mode and not Heroic.
Thanks very much.

I don't see why anybody would have any problems whatsoever with these nerfs.

Those guilds that are close to finishing the tier can do so at their own pace without the proverbial rug being pulled from under them and making their victory over the last few Heroic bosses feel completely hollow and meaningless (3.0 and Sunwell, the most painful memory of my raiding career).

Pretty much anybody can see 12/12 now, and the prestige of possible untapped Realm Firsts as well as nifty titles/Glory won't be handed out to everybody; the Firelands gear and class changes are nerfs enough to T11.

So you're just making the disparity between normals and heroics even greater, the vocal minority who are complaining about hard content are not complaining about heroics because they haven't yet cleared the normals, by 4.3 you're going to have a ton of "Heroics are too hard" and "The Firelands are too hard" threads, at which point you're most likely going to be nerfing them as well. And things will continue on this way for as long as you put out content, stop giving in because a few entitled morons are whining on the bloody forums!
05/24/2011 09:12 AMPosted by Nethaera
With the addition of a new tier of armor and weapons, we want to make the previous tier more accessible in ways other than just a shift of currency type, so we are making item level 359 gear purchasable for Justice points in the upcoming content patch.

Wait wait, so I can get raiding gear with out raiding? Awesome...

jk

Thank you for the clarification, what about the concerns of certain boss mechanics/spells that only have 1 spellID at the moment?
05/24/2011 04:24 PMPosted by Dalard

So you're just making the disparity between normals and heroics even greater, the vocal minority who are complaining about hard content are not complaining about heroics because they haven't yet cleared the normals, by 4.3 you're going to have a ton of "Heroics are too hard" and "The Firelands are too hard" threads, at which point you're most likely going to be nerfing them as well. And things will continue on this way for as long as you put out content, stop giving in because a few entitled morons are whining on the bloody forums!

I read this in TotalHalibuts voice. Made my cry :'(
I read this in TotalHalibuts voice. Made my cry :'(

Funny you should say that, his leaving is why I posted this in the first place
There are two possible reasons for this:
Blizzard thinks normal modes are too hard.

Blizzard wants new chars and alts to gear up to Firelands item level super fast.

I doubt it's the latter, but even if it were... You would think the daily zones and making VP gear purchasable with JP would be good enough.

As for the skill required to do normal modes, I think that any analysis that is worth its weight will show clearly that the normal modes are at the level that people want them to be at. The people who cannot clear them are the kinds of people who probably wouldn't be willing to show up to raids with their guild on a weekly basis, much less a monthly basis.

Why cater to people who won't raid more than once a month, if that? They won't even see the nerfed version of tier 11 content simply because they can't even show up to the raid that will clear it.
I think totalbuscuit describes this nerf well in the first 10 or so minutes of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndcysuEIqus&feature=feedu
My problem is not that it's being nerfed it's that it's being nerfed TWICE! you will be walking in there with full 359 gear from doing dungeons! The content was made to be able to do it with everyone decked out in the current 346 justice point gear.
I wish you would go back on this change, no not change, attitude that you are going forward to support with the game. You don't need to nerf the content that is going to already be nerfed by the extension of current valor gear being available by justice points. The people that have not completed the current content will have access to gear which will make completion of the raids a much easier task.

No, this change has nothing to do with me because I will be moving forward into the Firelands, but simply because I am not effected by this change doesn't mean I am not dissatisfied by it. This change sets a precedent for an new attitude by blizzard toward the subscriber base of this game that should not be fostered and is not healthy for the life of the game or its community.
Thinking further about it I dont like this change, I mean people will outgear normal content, must the fight really be trivialized further to the point people can ignore the mechanics of the fight?
Seriously saying another difficulty wont work because normal mode equals easy mode?

You have got to be kidding, if Blizzard can nerf content over and over again, its proof that the content is changeable and rather easily to tune at that considering how abrupt and quick this change came about.

The point is more than 2 difficulties means, Blizzard can retune everything, one meant to be so easy any skilled player could probably beat it on their week maybe even day of hitting 85, maybe even a solo mode, that gets even easier or about the same.

Then you can have a normal mode that is challenging to the fast majority of players, then a finely tuned hardmode designed for total hardcores who are also skilled players.

The hardest part about just mass tuning of content is QA testing which is entry level pretty much, and wouldn't take long to indicate whether it is at the right difficulty for non-hardmodes.

With the addition of a new tier of armor and weapons, we want to make the previous tier more accessible in ways other than just a shift of currency type, so we are making item level 359 gear purchasable for Justice points in the upcoming content patch.

So, does this mean that all (five) pieces of the tier 11 set will be available for Justice points and no item tokens from the raid instances are required?
You should be able to vote blue posts with dislike...