Raid Updates for 4.2

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 16 17 18 26 Next
Wow, sorry but I'm disappointed. I don't see the reason for these nerfs. Its not that hard to begin with, why bother nering the content? Your GIVING us 359 gear!

IF A GROUP CANT CLEAR THIS CONTENT THEY AREN'T TRYING OR AREN'T COORDINATED ENOUGH!
I don't really care either way, but this is unecessary.

With the release of T12 gear, T11 will nerf itself.

T11 normal modes were not that hard in the first place; the end bosses were obviously more difficult, but clearing 9/12 was well within the capability of the average player, provided they put a little effort into it.

But what's most disappointing about this is that it caused TB to quit WoW. No more Azeroth Daily:(

This mess could easily be fixed with an easy mode for raids. It will drop blues and have little or no achievements. People who would play on easy mode wouldn't care about titles or mounts anyway. Everyone would be happy.
wow...really?
your making your game suck....
Holy Cow!

Total Biscuit just unsubscribed to World of Warcraft and will no longer be making WoW videos because of this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndcysuEIqus&feature=player_profilepage

I am really going to miss Azeroth Daily. Even if he is a way better player than me and would just laugh at me, he rocks! He said on Twitter he might be moving to Rift...but nothing is set in stone yet.

Who cares what totalbiscuit does. Who cares if he unsubscribes to the game. Guess what, hes not a raider. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ahn%27qiraj/totalbiscuit/simple . Hes another one of these people that think they are good and aren't. Simply put, real people that raid, don't care, they'll be in firelands. Who cares what bad people do in normal bwd and bot. Should blizzard be doing this, hell no, normal mode is easy enough content, but they are also a business, publicly traded and need to show their stock holders that they make money.

Again you being so disrespectful, saying false information about another, he never said he was skilled on any occasion, he at many times admits to his "suckiness".

But as he stated he wants something to work up to, even if he never beats it, it remained a challenge and motivation to improve.

Besides the whole point of videos games since their creation was to entertain, the money was good so it was a bonus, other "corporate jobs" of those boring companies that make money doing boring things are filled with workers who hate their jobs, it's a means to an end(money). Most game devs will tell you, they love their jobs, most have a passion for games, their work and reflect it. When it becomes more like a business the creativity, innovation, passion and promotion always takes a back seat, if you are okay with that, you are not a gamer and if Blizzard is okay with that, I don't ever want to buy another one of their games, sorry but that is the cold truth
IF A GROUP CANT CLEAR THIS CONTENT THEY AREN'T TRYING OR AREN'T COORDINATED ENOUGH!

That is kinda the key... too many folks are actually pretty bad at this game. There is really no reason to deny them the chance to see the old content once the new content has moved on.

I don't see a ton of people here up in arms because Scarlet Monestary is so easy these days... it's prettty much the same deal.

I don't get the big surprise here... Bliz announced that they were going to do this even before Cata was released.

You weren't going to ignore Yogg Saron's mechanics even with heroic ICC gear.

That said... cool, I guess? I still dunno if this will actually get me into the raid zones, I don't feel as motivated to raid as I did during WotLK.

zerg the brain,push into phase 3,turn away from lunatic gaze.

Maybe the people I played with were just terrible, then. People ran through or stood in clouds. "Hey, healer here trapped in a tentacle!"

I suppose if you're an expert player at the game and actually care about more than numbers you could probably ignore a bit of the stuff, but if you stand in the clouds and spawn dozens and dozens of the phase 1 adds... I don't think that was gonna happen in ICC gear.
05/24/2011 05:19 PMPosted by Keepsayke

That is kinda the key... too many folks are actually pretty bad at this game. There is really no reason to deny them the chance to see the old content once the new content has moved on.

I don't see a ton of people here up in arms because Scarlet Monestary is so easy these days... it's prettty much the same deal.

I don't get the big surprise here... Bliz announced that they were going to do this even before Cata was released.

The people you speak of are so lazy and unwilling to clear content that they probably won't even be able to after all of these nerfs. And even if they were, they wouldn't stick around to see Nefarian go down because they'd get bored.
Personally, I don't see why these nerfs need to happen. I can understand wanting people to see the content but it's not really seeing the content if what you're seeing a nerfed, far easier version. I've "seen" Burning Crusade raids, as in I've run through them at 80 and facerolled them, but that's an entirely different, and far worse, experience than doing it at 70 would've been.

And besides, I was excited by the prospect of still having the old raids still be challenging while I was doing Firelands. I wanted to be able to do Firelands, then still go into the older raids on another night and still be challenged by them.
-----
Attack tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
How about we not increase the gap of difficulty between reg and heroic raids. Blizz just make a third difficulty, one thats below reg. The reg bosses right now are fine. If people arent able to clear it then they need to suck it up and get better. I hope this current tier isnt going to be made obsolete and we'll be stuck in tier 12 with 7 bosses.

You weren't going to ignore Yogg Saron's mechanics even with heroic ICC gear.

That said... cool, I guess? I still dunno if this will actually get me into the raid zones, I don't feel as motivated to raid as I did during WotLK.

zerg the brain,push into phase 3,turn away from lunatic gaze.

On my shaman or one of my toons I remember doing +3 yogg, it was freaking easy. Don't tell me normal mod wouldn't be easy, it was easy when I did it in 3.2 before ICC as well, but after 264 gear mechanics were nearly completely ignored.

Besides you're trying to talk about the best most difficult designed boss of the expansions time, not the other what, 10+ bosses? (Granted LK may have been harder, but it could be subjective of an argument).

*My group was a PuG mind you as well, the most was 3 people from one guild who hosted the run.
05/24/2011 04:19 PMPosted by Nethaera
Just to clarify for those that have been asking, these changes only apply to Normal mode and not Heroic.

Why? Its not like 4.0 raids even matter any more. Let the kids have their fun with the hardmodes too. You are letting them do normal modes only to lead them to a gigantic learning curve on hardmodes. We had our fun, we are moving on to Firelands and not looking back.
05/24/2011 05:23 PMPosted by Veydan

The people you speak of are so lazy and unwilling to clear content that they probably won't even be able to after all of these nerfs. And even if they were, they wouldn't stick around to see Nefarian go down because they'd get bored.

Assuming you are right (which I doubt) why does any of this matter if absolutley no one is affected?

Why is it bad, if only people that WERE capable of doing it are the only ones capable of doing it after the nerfs?
But the trash between those 7 bosses will be SO EXCITING.

And the 30-40 wipes on the hard mode version of Beth'ilac won't make raiders want to kill themselves out of boredom or rage at having run the same raid five million times on normal mode prior to that. That DEFINITELY won't happen.
05/24/2011 05:07 PMPosted by Wiskerbiscut
Who cares if they are nerfing BoT/BWD/Tot4Ws on normal? Tier 11 is outdated content in 4.2, so why should it matter if they nerf it? What will matter is tier 12/Firelands, not BoT/BWD/Tot4Ws. You will still need to do tier 11 to get gear upgrades that might not be available elsewhere if you want to do better in the Firelands. And, as Nethera clarified, these nerfs are for NORMAL difficulty, not Heroic. The content is outdated once the Firelands come out, and it shouldnt' matter to anyone who's downed the content. I don't care if they nerf it; it'll make gearing my alts faster, for the most part, and I'll have the satisfaction in killing the bosses when they weren't' nerfed.

...why do they need to nerf it now that people can outgear it
You seemed to willfully ignore my point: The only people this WOULD matter to won't really care; the hardcore raiders. When 4.2 comes out, they will be in the Firelands, working on the bosses there. This just ensures that newer players have the same opportunity to down the bosses that the hardcore players have had the last few months. Tier 11 will be outdated in 4.2. If a nerf like this were proposed int he middle of 4.2 to tier 12, I would object, since it would still be current end-game content.
I can see this happening to Firelands in the near future.........
The casual gamers are opposed to this nerf. The same people who this is geared to That means its a bad, move argument ended
05/24/2011 05:29 PMPosted by Overcast
I can see this happening to Firelands in the near future.........

Of course it will. Right after the next raid is introduced.

Bliz made this pretty clear that they were planning this even before the Cata release... I don't understand the shock.
Noooooooo!!!!! I only have a limited time to play each week...I have yet to down the majority of Cata bosses. I don't want Blizz to nerf these things into the ground before I have a chance to see them. And I don't want to see them after their nerfed...I want to see them as they are!

What's the point of raiding for me now anyway? I don't have the time to raid more than a couple hours a week, so I'll pretty much always be a tier or so behind. If Blizz is going to nerf one tier of raids the moment the next tier comes out...what the heck is the point? I don't need purps, I need a fun and challenging raiding experience. Ugh.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2053469

Thrown this out the window, then?