I'm Speaking from the Heart, Blizzard.

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
05/25/2011 03:12 PMPosted by Xanzul
12 Millon subs in Wrath and 11.6 Subs in Cata .. Everyone complains about how easy Wrath was BUT STILL played and when Cata comes out we lose 600k .. your company and game Blizz choose which road you want to take...

No one knows why those 600k subscribers left. Stop harping on it. It only makes you look extremely foolish.

It actually makes anyone who can't see the writing on the wall look even more foolish.

WoW loses 600k subs

Not one month later: "To the ground baby."

Even TotalBiscuit acknowledges why the people left and why Blizzard is now nerfing.

It doesn't make you any less hardcore if you accept the facts.
05/25/2011 03:27 PMPosted by Jadden

No one knows why those 600k subscribers left. Stop harping on it. It only makes you look extremely foolish.

It actually makes anyone who can't see the writing on the wall look even more foolish.

WoW loses 600k subs

Even TotalBiscuit acknowledges why the people left and why Blizzard is now nerfing.

TB has actually gone on record several times saying we have no way of knowing why that many people left, and he also specifically sated that his own reason for leaving was because of these nerfs. We don't have any way to be sure that they left because of higher difficulty. Stop making assumptions about 600,000 people and trying to pass it off as valid evidence.
Isn't this to be expected by now? They've done it before and it will likely continue.
05/25/2011 07:43 AMPosted by Whirlygig

Epeen. Nothing more, nothing less. There are those that immerse themselves so deeply in a silly game that they tend to base a great deal of self worth on their accomplishments in that game. While most of us gain our self worth through real life ventures such as work or family, there are those that feel threatened with normalcy in the one area of life they have the opportunity to see themselves as superior....a video game...

Careful, I got spanked back on page 8 for not equating real life with WoW and heaven forbid thinking it is "just a game".

Thank you for this. =)

Yes you did. At least you remember that whipping I put on you :P

It's ironic people keep bring real life into the equation as an excuse to say why they're bad at the game. Listen, if real life is more important to you, which is should be, then focus your time on that. But don't kill the game because you'd rather do something else instead of ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME. (You just lost it, by the way).

It is "just a game". However being "a game" entails that either you have the time to either enjoy the fun, or you don't. You didn't see people crying Super Mario was "too hard" because they didn't have time to play the game.

Sorry, but trying to use any sense of real life engagements to explain why someone is bad at the game means you fail. I work, have a girlfriend, am in college, and travel very frequently to South America and Asia for translation services, and I manage to play the game well because like any hobby if I want to be good at it I need to devote time to it. If I have no time to play it, guess what? I don't play it, but I don't scream "OMG nerf the content because I have a woman and kid at home and I need to put food on the table".
my opinion is that there needs to be more difficulty levels. that would solve so many things. instead of normals and heroic, how about 3 or 4 levels, with one as a beginner level and one as super hard version. You wouldnt have to worry about nerfs or anything of the like.

I've noticed many players have left wow, not that the number is big enough to put a large dent in 12 million, but i've noticed an increase in the number of the players leaving since the latest nerfs came out, one of the notable players leaving : Totalbiscuit.

One of the game's iconic players, commentators, and critics left the game. Although his opinion is merely one in 12 million, it doesnt look very good if more major players or well known players quit, because that further pushes others to quit.

I personally think more people are leaving right now because of the joke the community has become and the nerfs and what-not than the number of people that would leave because they think the game is too hard.
and at this point. I believe most of Blizzard's attention is elsewhere like diablo. At this point, wow is just a money maker, sure there will be more expansions but i dont think the game will ever live up to the standard all around that it once had.

Careful, I got spanked back on page 8 for not equating real life with WoW and heaven forbid thinking it is "just a game".

Thank you for this. =)

Yes you did. At least you remember that whipping I put on you :P

It's ironic people keep bring real life into the equation as an excuse to say why they're bad at the game. Listen, if real life is more important to you, which is should be, then focus your time on that. But don't kill the game because you'd rather do something else instead of ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME. (You just lost it, by the way).

It is "just a game". However being "a game" entails that either you have the time to either enjoy the fun, or you don't. You didn't see people crying Super Mario was "too hard" because they didn't have time to play the game.

Sorry, but trying to use any sense of real life engagements to explain why someone is bad at the game means you fail. I work, have a girlfriend, am in college, and travel very frequently to South America and Asia for translation services, and I manage to play the game well because like any hobby if I want to be good at it I need to devote time to it. If I have no time to play it, guess what? I don't play it, but I don't scream "OMG nerf the content because I have a woman and kid at home and I need to put food on the table".

Indeed I did. =D

I now see what you were trying to say. It does make sense. Apparently reading comprehension wasn't my strong suit yesterday.
Personally I'm not in favour of nerfing the content, since the start of Cataclysm I have noticed players are starting to get better and better in pugs. Players don't stand in fires as often and if they dont' get the content they leave pugs intead of dragging us down like in the past.

As you can see in my profile I haven't been able to raid yet but that is because of my guild is still leveling up properly.

While I understand people want to see the content I say there should be another level of difficulty introduced then. "Easy" mode say. Then the drops can be lower level as well. However lower level of difficulyt plus high level drops will add more "bad" players into the higher teir player base.

The problem is people are generally lazy, it's true if you had a choice of two roads one difficult and one that was easy with the same reward at the end which one would you chose? Even those of us willing to work for higher content would chose the easier of the two.

The point of "normal" dungeons and "heroic" dungeons are to prepare you for raids. Once you start at Normal raids and get geared up your group accends to "Heroic" raids.

I think the problem is that this will be a slippery slope problem of always nerfing content till we are back to where Wrath was and that everyone feels entitled to beat all the content easily. Instead of learning the fight, which to be honest is very frustrating especially when you play classes that must clean up the messes.

WoW loses 600k subs

TB has actually gone on record several times saying we have no way of knowing why that many people left, and he also specifically sated that his own reason for leaving was because of these nerfs. We don't have any way to be sure that they left because of higher difficulty. Stop making assumptions about 600,000 people and trying to pass it off as valid evidence.

Well they left for a reason, obviously they didn't want to play this game anymore. You have to make the game fun for everyone not just one group. Casuals make the bulk of profit in the gaming industry, time to nerf.
I am the most important wow player. Blizzard please tune everything specifically for me so that only I get to enjoy it. My 15 bucks says I deserve this! I am entitled to everything I want, exactly how I want it. Me, me, me.
If you want hard raid content the Firelands is there for you.

What we are seeing is just obsolete content getting nerfed to people can get geared easier for Firelands.

Your use of "obsolete" is based entirely on your own subjective point of view, one that you yourself contradicted.
There's a lot of fight mechanics that will still wipe people even with 20% nerfs.

Sure it will be easier, but you won't have window lickers ignoring boss mechanics and coming out fine.
If you want hard raid content the Firelands is there for you.

What we are seeing is just obsolete content getting nerfed to people can get geared easier for Firelands.

Your use of "obsolete" is based entirely on your own subjective point of view.

He's right, you aren't. Two weeks after 4.2 is released 'casuals' will be crying for nerfs. Not many will be raiding 4.1 content. It is being wound down.
05/25/2011 04:43 PMPosted by Evirus
They won't be missed.

This game worked just fine before Wrath catered to the casual.
The 600k were those that came along with Wrath....

They won't be missed.

YOU might not miss them, but I bet blizz really really really misses them.
05/25/2011 04:43 PMPosted by Evirus
They won't be missed.

What the playerbase thinks 'won't be missed' and a shareholder thinks are two very very very different things.

If my paycheck was in danger of dropping, I'd be looking for every possible way to insure it kept going up or at least stayed the same.