Warlock Worst Leveling class atm?

Warlock
Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but I remember afflic being ridiculous and arguably the best leveling spec in the game pre cataclysm

Now all the specs just seem terrible compared to every other class I have leveled especially in outland/northrend

It takes so long to kill things compared to other specs and I cannot pull like mad like pre cata afflic could.

Maybe I am just missing something here but warlocks seem to be the worst leveling experience I have had in cata by a huge margin.
06/03/2011 09:34 PMPosted by Lólli
you smell like a troll

I realize the risk of coming off as a troll but im not (as if that clears it up)

I'm not saying its hard by any stretch of the imagination, leveling is of course faceroll regardless of class, just my experiences seem to be that warlocks were noticeably slower at solo questing than most other classes I have leveled.
-affliction: Dot up everything you can, not super quick but still powerful problem is if mobs arn't close u will be slow

-demonology: attack with pet let it kill while u kill something else AND you can solo almost EVERY group quest

-Destro: Blow up mobs quick

I'd say go demo or destro, affliction is lackluster now that lvling mobs die so quick
What level is your warlock, scarred? The class becomes significantly more powerful after certain thresholds.
Aff is still the best leveling spec, just dot up everything and watch them die same as before. There is some good that happened since 4.0, some bad, but aff is still amazing. One of the best things is the increased range so that mobs have to be spread really REALLY far away to not be able to drain tank well.

demo and destro have had similar results, some good and some bad. Destro gets conflag early, so you kill faster early on than ever before, but as time goes on it takes longer to kill mobs, making destro worse as you level up more and more.

demo has some cool stuff like HoG and moving hellfire. Unfortunately, it is even worse pre-40 than it was, though better than it was after that. FG hits like a limp noodle, but has felstorm so you have a couple seconds of good damage, followed by more limp noodle. It is like a jack of all trades, master of none in terms of leveling. Worse burst than destro, worse AoE than aff.

Basically, it is as it has been for awhile, aff>>>demoAoE>>destro>demo
You're doing it wrong. Nothing in the game compares to aff leveling.
Demo is the easiest spec to level with. Just point your Fel Guard at a target and watch. Then cry later after you hit 80 and wonder what happened your demon being useful.
This is a 4.0 warlock. It's really not true anymore that affliction is the best leveling spec. I leveled mostly as demo or destro. It's really much faster. The mobs die to fast now it's not worth having all those dots to put up to do damage. It still works just fine, but since locks have Soul Harvest on a 30 sec CD now there's really no need to be affliction.

I actually really enjoyed leveling as destro once you get down the tree a bit. I just leveled with the VW and took taunt off auto cast. Send him in, Immolate, Conflag, taunt and finish the mob off with a shadow bolt. It's much faster than affliction. your VW can tank multiple mobs if you just round them up before doing damage.

Affliction is more of an endgame spec now. It's not good for low level dungeons or pvp. I'd go with destro and demo to level TBH. Most people will tell you it's the best leveling spec because it used to be. If you played destro or demo pre soul harvest you would have to drink a lot. That's why everyone played affiction drain, because you wouldn't have to stop and drink. Well with soul harvest the way it is now you never haver have to stop and drink anyway.
Are you seriously asking? Leveling is a joke now. Any dps class/spec shouldn't have problem. The only problem I had was holy paladin. Their dps is like pvp affliction warlock...
This is a 4.0 warlock. It's really not true anymore that affliction is the best leveling spec. I leveled mostly as demo or destro. It's really much faster. The mobs die to fast now it's not worth having all those dots to put up to do damage. It still works just fine, but since locks have Soul Harvest on a 30 sec CD now there's really no need to be affliction.

I actually really enjoyed leveling as destro once you get down the tree a bit. I just leveled with the VW and took taunt off auto cast. Send him in, Immolate, Conflag, taunt and finish the mob off with a shadow bolt. It's much faster than affliction. your VW can tank multiple mobs if you just round them up before doing damage.

Affliction is more of an endgame spec now. It's not good for low level dungeons or pvp. I'd go with destro and demo to level TBH. Most people will tell you it's the best leveling spec because it used to be. If you played destro or demo pre soul harvest you would have to drink a lot. That's why everyone played affiction drain, because you wouldn't have to stop and drink. Well with soul harvest the way it is now you never haver have to stop and drink anyway.

No offense, but you obviously have no idea what it means to drain tank as aff, or why aff is the fastest leveling spec.

As for me, I currently have this lock and 2 others, and from 80-85 on this I have tested all tree specs, and on my other lock from 10-46 I have tested all three specs, and found that aff is indeed still the best leveling spec. Demo can come close in ideal conditions when AoE grinding, but aff is still ahead of AoE demo and WAY ahead of destro.
I did Destro from 10-85.

Was a blast.
I did Destro from 10-85.

Was a blast.

aww yeah! nice pun
Yes destro is fun to level as. They all work if your having a hard time leveling in any tree, your doing it wrong. Plain and simple, they all work just fine.
06/04/2011 05:39 AMPosted by Crillen
Demo is the easiest spec to level with. Just point your Fel Guard at a target and watch. Then cry later after you hit 80 and wonder what happened your demon being useful.

I never cried, i can single 25k+ dps with fel guard/demo spec in raids. My overall average DPS is 18-19k Single target. With AOE Situations ive seen as high as 70-80k dps, Demo is a great spec if you know how to play it. I suppose it has to do with your play style.
Leveling a human and troll.

Demo seems the way to go in most cases.

Aff not as it used to be (Sorry Richardd, buddy). Once upon a time, questing meant dying to packs of mobs, sometimes aggroing the entire area. Affliction used to shine here because of tab-dotting and drain-tanking, making it far superior to other classes. Other classes also lacked self-healing as we had.

With mobs so far apart now (and aggro and leash range), the time getting from pack to pack or mob to mob... makes each spec (and other classes) about even.
Leveling a human and troll.

Demo seems the way to go in most cases.

Sigh, years go by and this is still the general misconception among most people, and I will never figure out why...

Demo can be divided into 2 parts, your first 40 something levels, and your second 40 something levels. For your first 40, demo gives you:
The least amount of +damage of the specs
What is probably the least useful minion for leveling
Collectively the most useless talents in any of the warlock trees

In your second half, things get better. HoG gives you some burst and control, FG has an AoE, and hellfire gets buffed. Sadly though demo still doesn't work as well as destro and aff:
For single target and control, destro is still better than demo. The slow on conflag works out a bit better than HoG snare, and destro can kill things faster one at a time without blowing CDs than demo.
For AoE, demo is better than destro but inferior to aff. Demo at best has to spend 1 GCD per mob besides those he runs through(1 GCD is better than having your minion running around trying to agro them by himself), you have to round all the mobs up, are limited by how many mobs you can pull, and are based around CDs. Less situational, faster, and with better survivability, aff just runs around dotting everything in sight and laughing as it falls down dead.

Don't get me wrong, I love demo, it is my fav spec for heroics and raids because it is so great, but not so much for leveling...

Aff not as it used to be (Sorry Richardd, buddy). Once upon a time, questing meant dying to packs of mobs, sometimes aggroing the entire area. Affliction used to shine here because of tab-dotting and drain-tanking, making it far superior to other classes. Other classes also lacked self-healing as we had.

With mobs so far apart now (and aggro and leash range), the time getting from pack to pack or mob to mob... makes each spec (and other classes) about even.

At first glance one may agree with you, especially after some of the self-healing nerfs. However, I wouldn't be here saying aff can still drain tank amazingly well if I didn't have first hand experience. I currently have a level 46ish lock who I have drain tanked with while leveling, and this lock here has gone from 80-85 primarily as aff drain tank. I have not quested in every zone yet since cata hit(I have in most) however mobs are more easily rounded up than ever, and while aff sustained a healing nerf, in some ways drain tanking is better than it has ever been.(such as being able to pull mobs from 10 more yards away than we could in wrath.

I currently have a sub rogue in the same zone and level range as my lock. He moves faster than my lock, can 1-2 shot every mob he sees, can stealth by every mob he doesn't need to kill, yet even then I still find my aff lock questing considerably faster than him.

It may not be for everyone, although everyone I have met who has tried it swears by it, but if you have an open mind or are getting tired of the crap you are handed as destro or demo, why don't you give it a try?
I did Destro from 10-85.

Was a blast.

aww yeah! nice pun

Did it just for you O.o

:3
i did affliction for questing, was awesome
from 10-84 you can just tab-dot everything in range as fast as possible
from 84-85 in twilight highlands you might need to do only 2 mobs at once though