Guild Repairs or No Guild Repairs?

General Discussion
What are people's views on this? Our Guild currently has around 800 members, 300 of which are actually active. Around 20-40 People online at any given time. Currently, there is about 62,000 Gold in the Guild Bank(Well, 2500 Now, since our leader withdrew the 60,000 after someone complained about the lack of guild repairs and left the guild). Our Leader feels that Guild Repairs would run the bank dry and that people can afford their own repairs. Our Guild Members currently bring 6500~ gold into the bank weekly and, in my opinion, it doesn't seem right that the members are seeing nothing in return for their efforts. I'm curious to see what other people think about Guild Repairs.
Your GM is cheap and a jerk.

My main is in a guild that is very large and we have no problem with repairs. it doesn't "run the bank dry". From all the gold that is brought in we have tons of gold.

If your GM really wants to say just for raiding then open the guild repairs during raid nights and close it down half an hour after the raid night is finished.

I would not be in a guild like the one you described but hey, I would be more pissed about him taking out 60k gold (probably selling it to some gold spammers for real life money).

Good luck with your guild.

Edit - we bring in so much gold that our guild buys the guild perks like the BOA armor (helmet, cloak, etc) for your alts. So I don't know what your GM is talking about saying they would run out of money.
Your name is quite suggestive...
05/30/2011 11:07 PMPosted by Truten
Your name is quite suggestive...

I'm a Tank. xD

Your GM is cheap and a jerk.

My main is in a guild that is very large and we have no problem with repairs. it doesn't "run the bank dry". From all the gold that is brought in we have tons of gold.

If your GM really wants to say just for raiding then open the guild repairs during raid nights and close it down half an hour after the raid night is finished.

I would not be in a guild like the one you described but hey, I would be more pissed about him taking out 60k gold (probably selling it to some gold spammers for real life money).

Good luck with your guild.

Edit - we bring in so much gold that our guild buys the guild perks like the BOA armor (helmet, cloak, etc) for your alts. So I don't know what your GM is talking about saying they would run out of money.

I'm curious, how much do your members get each day for repairs?
My guild turns off guild repairs when the guild bank starts getting low, and turns them back on once it gets back up. Also, only Raider rank players get access to guild repairs. Though that just means you've been in teh guild long enough to get to that rank, for the most part, or contributed to the guild (heroic runs for challenges, raid, guild RBGs, etc). I usually use my own money for repair costs I get when doing things unrelated to the guild (solo heroic queues, etc). I only use guild repairs when doing things with the guild.
I'd ask if your GM know that you can limit the repair amount based on guild rank, but I doubt he actually thinks it would run you dry. He just wants it all for himself.
agreed with post 2
05/30/2011 11:11 PMPosted by Karat
I'd ask if your GM know that you can limit the repair amount based on guild rank, but I doubt he actually thinks it would run you dry. He just wants it all for himself.

She does know about the Limits. I've told her myself and I've argued about it before. She keeps saying that it will run the bank dry, so I don't know. She probably does want it for herself, considering she withdrew it all anyways, lol.
We took all but 50k out and are going for the achievement. After that we cant keep them on because we are spending more than we are putting in right now so we are planning on doing a weekly lottery or something. Anyway for now? Turn them on across the board and go for that achievement!

M
As a raiding guild, all our raiders have unlimited gold for repairs.

We are sitting on around 200k gold, with no sign of it running dry anytime soon.

My 2 coppers say that gRepair is fine, but it should be a finite amount, like 100g a day, something that is easily sustainable. (Plus, what OTHER use is there for that money, besides buying more tabs?)
My guild didn't do guild repairs until a month or two ago. An "experiment", the GM called it.

Well, we have tons of money in the bank, and as far as I know, even basic members get 50g to blow on repairs, and there's no sign of even a dent in the savings.
I only allow guild repairs to members who have been in the guild for an X amount of time.
05/30/2011 10:46 PMPosted by Penetrable
What are people's views on this? Our Guild currently has around 800 members, 300 of which are actually active. Around 20-40 People online at any given time. Currently, there is about 62,000 Gold in the Guild Bank(Well, 2500 Now, since our leader withdrew the 60,000 after someone complained about the lack of guild repairs and left the guild). Our Leader feels that Guild Repairs would run the bank dry and that people can afford their own repairs. Our Guild Members currently bring 6500~ gold into the bank weekly and, in my opinion, it doesn't seem right that the members are seeing nothing in return for their efforts. I'm curious to see what other people think about Guild Repairs.

I'm in a very large guild and we have guild repairs. Admittedly its only 5g a time but its there if guildys want to use it. Our guild bank funds never seem to run dry and the funds keep going up.
05/30/2011 10:46 PMPosted by Penetrable

I'm the GM in my guild and I currently don't have guild repairs open right now. Instead, I use the gold in the vault for prizes/events (I have one planned for when we reach level 10) and for buying tabs. My guild is fairly small, although it's growing. If we had 65k in gold in the vault, I'd probably go ahead and open it up and see how it goes, especially if it was getting 6500 weekly.
We have varying repair levels for different ranks.

Raiders get unlimited, long-term members and their alts get ~25G, the rest get some pittance or other. Our gbank was having issues keeping up with demand due to so many people doing new content (and wiping), so we've recently had to nerf repairs to some extent.

Still, we believe the concept of giving back is crucial, so we'll always have repairs available.