Guardian Doomguard summoning animation

Warlock
I think it would be very neat if the Doomguard we summon come out one of those portal that has the hands pulling it open, than just appearing. Also it would be awesome if it learn to not stand on the fire.
I'm fine with the Jaraxxus portal thingy.
And then he yells "TRIFLING GNOME" and one-shots you?
Or the Kil'jaedan one.

Except he comes all the way out.

<3
The doomguard should 1shot the nearest gnome. I think that's fair.
my own death will only hasten your own demise.

06/17/2011 02:08 AMPosted by Elizander
I'm fine with the Jaraxxus portal thingy.

yeah, thats the one, but at the time i was thinking of portals for "banishing the demons" out in blade edge mountains.

Besides, I wanted to feel more warlocky than the average failed father of a mage and mother of a huntress.
06/18/2011 09:53 AMPosted by Whyvette
Don't say such things because it will make Blizzard "fix" it to where there's a 10% chance of killing a party member when the DG is summoned or something.

aww, but i like the old Ritual of Doom, its how I one Hit KO on mages who out rolled me.
5% chance to kill a random party member when summoned sounds like a good idea.
I'm sure blizzard will implement this change as a compensation for another huge nerf on us :)
i think it should be 50% chances and upon the death of player, a legion of imp will come out of the corpse attacking everyone.
I wonder what kind of animation like the soul harvest and summoning portal for doomguard will make us feel more warlock. hmmm
06/19/2011 12:22 PMPosted by Unabis
i think it should be 50% chances and upon the death of player, a legion of imp will come out of the corpse attacking everyone.

This.
06/20/2011 05:13 AMPosted by Fluxpavilion

This.

is awesome?
While this sounds cool, we need him to do other things more. Like him standing out of fire, or change his cd so that we do not have to wait after a wipe for 10 minutes
A 5min cooldown on the Doomguard would be nice.

Also, an opening animation would be alright, but I'd rather have him appear instantly and start doing his thing instead of waiting 2-3 seconds of mini-RP.
I wouldn't mind a little something extra, basically the things we want changed are:
Smart pet: don't stand in fire
Cool entrance: portal is a good idea, and it won't matter much if there is a delay since it isn't like you are hitting this every cd
Shorter CD: Having it apply a debuff is a good idea, with a fairly low CD. It would be similar to BL/Hero/TW
Additoonal effect: Infernal has a stun effect and an AoE aura, DG just casts Sbolt until it dies. I wouldn't mind them bringing back cripple ;)
I wouldn't mind a little something extra, basically the things we want changed are:
Smart pet: don't stand in fire
Cool entrance: portal is a good idea, and it won't matter much if there is a delay since it isn't like you are hitting this every cd
Shorter CD: Having it apply a debuff is a good idea, with a fairly low CD. It would be similar to BL/Hero/TW
Additoonal effect: Infernal has a stun effect and an AoE aura, DG just casts Sbolt until it dies. I wouldn't mind them bringing back cripple ;)

Shorter cool down with a debuff is a nice idea, also a longer duration to make up for the doom guard walking out. good job, keep them ideas coming!

Also since our masters are into voice acting, the doom guard should have a different voice summoning than the used felguard one. Any idea on this?
Demon flight form, only because i'm just envy of the druid flight form on how nice and nimble it is compare to the big bulking mounts.

p.s. I wanted this thread to continue =)
The goatse portal would be a nice touch. The Infernal has a cool animation, but since they got rid of Ritual of Doom, the Doomguard just appears, unsatisfactory.