Getting into Ammen Vale as horde

Achievements
Something needs be done about that....No flying+Only one entrance in or out of area+lvl 90's guarding the entrance= massive repair bill just for trying to explore the area....
06/19/2011 09:46 AMPosted by Ærith
Something needs be done about that....No flying+Only one entrance in or out of area+lvl 90's guarding the entrance= massive repair bill just for trying to explore the area....

Agreed. I have taken note that several areas in-game that are either in areas where new characters begin questing, and cities have level 90 guards. I do realize that there is level 90 guards in both Alliance and Horde cities, but I don't see a need for them to be in new character starting areas.

Personally, I would have the guards at a lower level. Possibly 80 or 85 as elites. They would still be difficult to kill, but it would allow players to explore areas easier. On top of this, Why is there four level 90 guards at the entrance to New Tinker Town?

I don't see why there is, Because isn't the instance, Gnomeregan down there? For players working on getting the "Classic Dungeonmaster" achievement, They can't queue for it as it is a low level instance. They would need to run through the guards and get a large repair bill.

I do believe this should be addressed. The level 90 guards in cities could remain though. Would make it a good challenge for those raiding city bosses. In Stormwind City though, I can still fly way above the guards all the way to the keep to the city boss, Without being seen. The guards in the keep kill me rather fast though. =O
If you have to run through stuff you know your going to die from take off your gear and run like hell when you rez lol
06/19/2011 02:18 PMPosted by Travisfisher
If you have to run through stuff you know your going to die from take off your gear and run like hell when you rez lol

While this is a good idea, As I do this myself when needed, I'm sure many players would prefer not to do this. If I do recall correctly if you are Horde, such as myself, If you were to die in Stormwind City, you would be ported to the graveyard at the logging camp deep east in Elwynn Forest.

I'm unsure if Blizzard has changed this when Cataclysm came out by moving the graveyard for Horde players closer, But I'm positive if you were ported that far away from where you died, Players would not like this. Sure players may want to explore the area beyond those guards, As I would love to enter New Tinkertown, To see any if new changes if any happened.

But if the level 90 guards are to remain, Would it not be possible for Blizzard to move graveyards closer to the area where you died? I do know if you were to die in Ironforge, You would be ported to the graveyard very close to the city, And this has not changed in Cataclysm.

So, Why not have players go to the same graveyard as the other faction? Wouldn't this make more sense?
It makes sense to make ALL areas flyable...If you can fly over the enemies cities, then you should be able to fly anywhere.
They're working on it.

It's not like they were all, "oh, let's not let them fly over here just because!", they simply ran out of time before Cata was launched. Would you want them to delay everything because 2 zones that hardly anybody goes to weren't exactly perfect?
No, I don't expect everything at once...But at the same time, if people didn't complain about certain things, said things might never get fixed.
06/19/2011 03:47 PMPosted by Amaranthas
They're working on it.

Yup, I have known for quite some time now that Blizzard has been working on making the starting zones from The Burning Crusade into areas you can use your flying mounts in.

06/19/2011 03:47 PMPosted by Amaranthas
Would you want them to delay everything because 2 zones that hardly anybody goes to weren't exactly perfect?

I personally, Wouldn't want Blizzard to delay patches as there is zones you cannot fly in at this time. I do know they have to work on this for some time as I know entering The Burning Crusade zones will use a screen when you enter the zone.

With the screen that does pop-up for us at this time to load the starting zones from The Burning Crusade, I do understand that Blizzard will have to work on this to hopefully remove this loading screen for those that own The Burning Crusade and newer expansions for this game!

Just takes time. I'm a patient person. =)
There's nothing to suggest they're planning on making the BC starting areas flyable anytime soon.

They've talked about redoing BC's content (and the fact that they didn't touch the Blood Elf and Draenai areas ties into this) but it was one of those hypothetical, maybe in the future dealies. I doubt making explorer marginally easier is a high priority given the work it'd take to fix it.

You're free to complain, of course, but I don't think it's going to get anything changed. Blizzard doesn't seem particularly bothered by any flying inconsistency, especially in a zone you're not really meant to be in by the time you can fly anyway.
06/19/2011 08:06 PMPosted by Vv
They've talked about redoing BC's content (and the fact that they didn't touch the Blood Elf and Draenai areas ties into this) but it was one of those hypothetical, maybe in the future dealies. I doubt making explorer marginally easier is a high priority given the work it'd take to fix it.

Yes, I have also heard of Blizzard re-doing The Burning Crusade content. I'm unsure if all of the content will be re-done, but I am looking forward to seeing the content changed. Hopefully though, The raids will remain that are in the current Burning Crusade content.

Reason I state this is because there is many players that may be attempting to finish reputation grinds for the instance reputations such as myself and/or doing the questlines that take you into instances for getting attuned.

If Blizzard does change the questlines for Burning Crusade content, I'm hoping a Feat of Strength will become available. Same thing if any of the reputations are removed when the content is changed and you are exalted with them.

06/19/2011 08:06 PMPosted by Vv
You're free to complain, of course, but I don't think it's going to get anything changed. Blizzard doesn't seem particularly bothered by any flying inconsistency, especially in a zone you're not really meant to be in by the time you can fly anyway.

Yes, While we players are free to state there feedback, Even if it is negative, I do believe Blizzard does still take this into consideration when changing content.

While Blizzard can't do everything players want, They do attempt to keep this game appealing to gamers that have played this game in the past and to newer gamers that are new to this game.

Like for instance, Archaeology being added in Cataclysm was an interesting idea by Blizzard to put into this game! I do understand players may not be too happy with the RNG and the achievements for those trying to get the titles in this new profession.

But the RNG was meant to be random, And Blizzard did a great job of this. Now regarding the flying inconsistancy in the zones you cannot fly in at this time, I'm hoping Blizzard will add this in the future.

Even if they don't though, It is still fun taking the flight path to a particular area or even riding your ground mount to a specific city if you are not in that faction. IE: Going to Silvermoon City if you are an Alliance player or going to The Exodar if you are a Horde player.

Blizzard does still want to have people explore zones and learn the Lore of this game at the same time! This is one thing I strongly agree with that Blizzard is doing regarding this game! Such as Blizzard adding Archaeology in this current expansion. =)
There's no reason for big discussions for this. The exploration of something is a one-time deal so you run in naked and get it done. Then you never have to go there again (on that char) so why does it even need a thread?

It's not something that affects a whole lot of people nor is it game breaking nor is it a glitch. Blizzard may have this on their to-do list, but I'm sure it's waaaay down in priority.

Many explorers die(d) while exploring.

You can rez.
Just like this thread's been rezzed >.>
There's no reason for big discussions for this. The exploration of something is a one-time deal so you run in naked and get it done. Then you never have to go there again (on that char) so why does it even need a thread?

It's not something that affects a whole lot of people nor is it game breaking nor is it a glitch. Blizzard may have this on their to-do list, but I'm sure it's waaaay down in priority.

I did it at 63. Everybody else can quit whining and walk it off.
Just do it naked.
Yes, I have also heard of Blizzard re-doing The Burning Crusade content. I'm unsure if all of the content will be re-done, but I am looking forward to seeing the content changed. Hopefully though, The raids will remain that are in the current Burning Crusade content.

Reason I state this is because there is many players that may be attempting to finish reputation grinds for the instance reputations such as myself and/or doing the questlines that take you into instances for getting attuned.

If Blizzard does change the questlines for Burning Crusade content, I'm hoping a Feat of Strength will become available. Same thing if any of the reputations are removed when the content is changed and you are exalted with them.

As I understood it when the question was asked at last year's BlizzCon, only the starting area quests for Draenei and Blood Elves were being considered, not all of the Outlands.
10/30/2011 12:58 AMPosted by Sardron
i think its retarded im tryin to get that right now (by the time people see this prolly not at the time but)and i cant get bye...im thinkin about doin what travisfisher said take off the gear and run...the graveyard isnt far at all..plus gonna be worth it.

take off your gear run in die rez repeat.
Usually takes 2-3 deaths before you can get in.

As a Horde, getting into Ammen Vale will be very hard, as it's guarded by level 90 elites with decent ranged attacks, and insane melee attacks. It's likely you'll need to do some corpse running on the way in. However, if Ammen Vale wasn't the last thing you needed, and you want to get out, you don't need to go through them again.

I found a place where I could get out of the vale in the northwest corner, at The Sacred Grove. At the opposite end of where you enter the vale, there's a part of the mountains that is a bit lower than around the rest of the vale, just past the big stone. If you turn a bit to the left as you reach the big stone (not a 90 degree turn, closer to 45), you can climb up a bit on the mountain, and if you're careful, get slightly higher than the opening in the mountain up ahead. It's also within jumping distance with a 100% ground mount (I had the Mount Up guild perk, but I believe it should work even without it. If someone could confirm it, that'd be great). So, yeah, just jump over there, and you're free.

Note: If you're having trouble reaching the gap, make sure you've actually climbed as far up as possible. You may need to do some jumping while climbing to do so.

Thanks to iMogwai at WowHead for this.
I don't see a need for them to be in new character starting areas.

Because some people WILL go there to grief.

I don't see why there is, Because isn't the instance, Gnomeregan down there? For players working on getting the "Classic Dungeonmaster" achievement, They can't queue for it as it is a low level instance. They would need to run through the guards and get a large repair bill.

Horde has a teleport to Gnomeregan in Grom Gol (used to be in BB) so there's no problem in getting there at any level.

As for repair bills getting anywhere, just remove your gear and death run. And helpfully intended as I believe the post above me is, there's a much easier way of getting out of any non-flying starting area once you have the explore achievement done. It's called a hearthstone.