Sylvanas' bow (and other named weapons).

Story Forum
In the Warcraft RPG (Manual of Monsters), Sylvanas uses a bow called Sunstrider's Longbow.

In the Warcraft TCG (Assault on Icecrown Citadel), Sylvanas uses a bow called Deathwhisper.

Did she replace her old bow, or simply rename it?

http://www.wowpedia.org/Sunstrider's_Longbow
http://www.wowtcg.com/articles/2011/02/18/assault-icecrown-citadel-raid
06/15/2011 10:34 AMPosted by Egrem
Did she replace her old bow, or simply rename it?

either works, though I'm sure she just got a new bow if you look at them.
Jaina uses the Staff of Antonidas? Cool!
06/15/2011 11:22 AMPosted by Ainhin

halduron has thori'dal. cooler!
06/15/2011 02:51 PMPosted by Nimbosa

Pshh, Thori'dal doesn't have any lore significance.
06/15/2011 03:09 PMPosted by Ainhin

Better then old man's walking stick.

ohhhh it's on

You owe your continued existance to that "Old Man" just so you know, Orc. =P
06/15/2011 03:16 PMPosted by Ainhin

You owe your continued existance to that "Old Man" just so you know, Orc. =P

O yes, o thanks old human master, we do appreciate you keep as us penned and caged. We have heard that you wanted is experiment on us , which is all just fine. After all we are just monsters that need to mutilated and experimented on to fit in proper human society.
O yes, o thanks old human master, we do appreciate you keep as us penned and caged. We have heard that you wanted is experiment on us , which is all just fine.

Just like what the Horde is doing to Humans now! Good to see their efforts to help the Orcs went so well!

After all we are just monsters that need to mutilated and experimented on to fit in proper human society.

It's not the Humans fault that the Orcs couldn't bother to move out of their own filth.

Maybe they could've asked the humans of Stormwind what their first impressions of the Orcs were, but they're dead.
06/15/2011 03:09 PMPosted by Ainhin
It might have had it not been just placed sort out of the blue during 2.4. I mean a bow with the ability to generate energy arrows must be some sacred artifact but alas it was just left to obscurity.
06/15/2011 03:28 PMPosted by Ainhin
Just like what the Horde is doing to Humans now! Good to see their efforts to help the Orcs went so well!

Not really, Orcs lack the interest and admittedly the brains to experiment on hapless humans. We rather give hem a proper death and kill them.

It's not the Humans fault that the Orcs couldn't bother to move out of their own filth.

Well been cage in treated like common live stock kinda encourages the behavior to began with.

Maybe they could've asked the humans of Stormwind what their first impressions of the Orcs were, but they're dead.

King Chin and company would like to have a word with you.
06/15/2011 11:18 AMPosted by Glaan

If artwork is any indication, Sylvanas has gone through at least four or five bows. She might switch weapons a lot, but I suspect they simply hadn't settled on a specific look for her bow until recently.

The Deathwhisper card art looks just like her bow's in-game model. The bow in the BattleCry artwork has that same shape, but it's more detailed (and decorated in a Thalassian style).

I'm leaning toward the notion that Sylvanas kept Sunstrider's bow (as it's rather powerful) but choose to rename it - possibly to distance it from its past.

06/15/2011 11:22 AMPosted by Ainhin

Cycle of Hatred said the staff Jaina carried was "a legacy from her mentor".

Archus, Greatstaff of Antonidas is presumably the staff Antonidas used when he was killed, while Jaina apparently owned another staff at some point (Halion, Staff of Forgotten Love).

Perhaps Antonidas gave her a new staff (the one she carries now) when she went to visit him for the last time (just before the razing of Dalaran), and she left her old one in the city (explaining how the Scourge would get it).
Not really, Orcs lack the interest and admittedly the brains to experiment on hapless humans. We rather give hem a proper death and kill them.

but they don't care enough to stop the forsaken from doing it.

06/15/2011 03:35 PMPosted by Unflinching
Well been cage in treated like common live stock kinda encourages the behavior to began with.

you had free will.

06/15/2011 03:35 PMPosted by Unflinching

don't worry, i'm sure he thinks orcs are monsters too.
06/15/2011 03:39 PMPosted by Egrem

If artwork is any indication, Sylvanas has gone through at least four or five bows. She might switch weapons a lot, but I suspect they simply hadn't settled on a specific look for her bow until recently.

The Deathwhisper card art looks just like her bow's in-game model. The bow in the BattleCry artwork has that same shape, but it's more detailed (and decorated in a Thalassian style).

I'm leaning toward the notion that Sylvanas kept Sunstrider's bow (as it's rather powerful) but choose to rename it - possibly to distance it from its past.

Cycle of Hatred said the staff Jaina carried was "a legacy from her mentor".

Archus, Greatstaff of Antonidas is presumably the staff Antonidas used when he was killed, while Jaina apparently owned another staff at some point (Halion, Staff of Forgotten Love).

Perhaps Antonidas gave her a new staff (the one she carries now) when she went to visit him for the last time (just before the razing of Dalaran), and she left her old one in the city (explaining how the Scourge would get it).

Wait, didn't realize you were serious about your topic. Forgive my attitude. I will not derail you thread anymore.
She's the queen of an entire race of people - she probably has bows for every day of the week, every mood she may have, and all special occasions.

I meant your undead cronies.

So the Humans not wiping the Orcs behinds for them qualifies as "abuse?"

The dude who's tried on multiple occasions to make peace with the Orcs?
06/15/2011 04:18 PMPosted by Dryker
She's the queen of an entire race of people - she probably has bows for every day of the week, every mood she may have, and all special occasions.

That's possible... but all the cool kids carry iconic weapons.

Active:
Azshara: Javelins of Suramar
Baine: Fearbreaker
Garrosh: Gorehowl
Gelbin: Wrenchcalibur
Halduron: Thori'dal
Jaina: Staff of Antonidas
Khadgar: Staff of Nethergarde
Koltira: Byfrost
Maiev: Umbra Crescent
Malfurion: Whitheroak
Med'an: Atiesh
Rhonin: Mindstaff
Sylvanas: Sunstrider's Longbow/Deathwhisper
Thorim: Krolmir
Thrall: Doomhammer
Tirion: Ashbringer
Tyrande: Bow of Elune
Varian: Shalamayne

Deceased:
Alexandros: Ashbringer
Anasterian: Felo'melorn
Arthas: Frostmourne
Azgalor: Spite
Cairne: Bloodhoof Runespear
Cho'gall: Hammer of Twilight
Gul'dan: Demon Staff
Grom: Gorehowl
Illidan: Blades of Azzinoth
Kargath: The Bladefist
Kael'thas: Felo'melorn
Lana'thel: Quel'Delar
Lothar: Ashkandi, Royal Great Sword, Quel'Zaram
Medivh: Atiesh
Orgrim: Doomhammer
Ragnaros: Sulfuras
Thalorien: Quel'Delar
Uther: Hammer of the Lightbringer
Vashj: Frostfathom

Titans:
Aggramar: Taeshalach
Aman'Thul: Orodur
Eonar: Seschenal
Golganneth: Shargahn
Khaz'goroth: Vulraiis
Sargeras: Gorribal

Those who didn't make the list need to quit slacking. No one wants to be outdone by Koltira.
I think that Terenas had some ceremonial weapons, most notably Havoc's Call.
Supposedly Muradin had named weapons too, Mithrios and Troggbane.