What's with the Str stacking, Hunters?

Hunter
06/22/2011 07:49 AMPosted by Silentsniper
Then again the rogue told me Essence of the Cyclone was better for him than Unheeded Warning.

Unheeded is terrible for Assassination rogues.
06/22/2011 11:52 AMPosted by Bikini
Then again the rogue told me Essence of the Cyclone was better for him than Unheeded Warning.

Unheeded is terrible for Assassination rogues.

Cyclone is worse(at the 359 ilvl). Regardless, it's a moot point. It's Prestor's+Fluid Death for Rogues. That's their BiS.
FD shows the gun as better than the ZA bow for dwarves, about the same for other races. That counts as very good in my book. It's obviously good enough for running heroics, which is what the OP is talking about.

I have the Crossfire Carbine 20 DPS better than Amber Messenger from H Stonecore. Crossfire Carbine is 100 DPS better than Mandokir's Tribute for Dwarves as MM. It'll be a DPS loss as Survival.

It'd be marginally better for Dwarves. But it's still garbage compared to an actual weapon designed for Hunters.

You can wear it if you want, you'll just get LOLNOOB comments all the time.

It's essentially BiS pre-raid - if you think that makes it "garbage" then there's nothing I can do to help you. Only an idiot cares more about what some random pug might say than actual performance.
It's essentially BiS pre-raid - if you think that makes it "garbage" then there's nothing I can do to help you. Only an idiot cares more about what some random pug might say than actual performance.

Essentially BiS pre-raid for Dwarves. And even then, that's false. The "essentially BiS pre-raid" for dwarves goes to the Conquest weapon.

So you're wrong on multiple counts. But nice try.
"Essentially pre-raid" probably means I'm not including a 365 lvl arena weapon, Einstein. /pat

And besides, you couldn't use that because some meanie in RFD might hurt your feelings for using a weapon with resilience on it.
"Essentially pre-raid" probably means I'm not including a 365 lvl arena weapon, Einstein. /pat

And besides, you couldn't use that because some meanie in RFD might hurt your feelings for using a weapon with resilience on it.

It's a 359 weapon, but nice try.

And it's still better than a weapon with Strength and Expertise.

And it's a bit unfair to say that your crappy 359 tank/DPS gun is better than a 359 Arena weapon that takes minimal effort to get.
STR helps when your bumb'd rush by your pet.. and wants to lick your face off.. and it comes in handy when you want to backhand him/her... because we know pets cant run over us..

STR helps lift your bow.. otherwise your muscles in your arms would go limp when using steady shot

STR helps tea-bagging your enemies, working your leg muscles up and down, otherwise you would pull your back out
06/22/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Mendia
And it's a bit unfair to say that your crappy 359 tank/DPS gun is better than a 359 Arena weapon that takes minimal effort to get.

"My" crappy tank gun? You do realize I don't use it, I just mock idiots who care more about style points than performance, right?

Here's a helpful hint: you can click on my picture and see what equipment I'm using - I'm not afraid to post on my hunter.
"My" crappy tank gun? You do realize I don't use it, I just mock idiots who care more about style points than performance, right?

Here's a helpful hint: you can click on my picture and see what equipment I'm using - I'm not afraid to post on my hunter.

The usage of the term "Your" is referring to the general public. I could care less what you're wearing/have equipped. You're spreading misinformation.
Actually, I'm refuting the misinformation that you're spreading.

1) It's better than every 346 weapon for every race.
2) It's better than the 353 weapon for dwarves, close (~50 DPS) for every other race.
3) It's the best BoE ranged weapon in the game.
4) It's a very good weapon for heroics, and an acceptable one for entry-level raiding.

Again, if you don't want to use a better weapon just because you're afraid someone is going to call you names, fine by me - just don't pass your ignorance on to others.

2) It's better than the 353 weapon for dwarves, close (~50 DPS) for every other race.
4) It's a very good weapon for heroics, and an acceptable one for entry-level raiding.

Again, if you don't want to use a better weapon just because you're afraid someone is going to call you names, fine by me - just don't pass your ignorance on to others.

What evidence do you have to back your assertion? You keep claiming that it's "BIS pre-raid", but why do you think that? 50 DPS is not a lot when you consider that even poor hunters can put out at least 10K at 85. You're crowing about a 50 DPS increase, which is just asinine; a 50 DPS difference is not worth the gold/time necessary to get this weapon.

Also, lol at you for trying to school Mendia. You must be new here.

It's a 300 DPS loss to use Crossfire Carbine as any race other than Dwarf over Mandokir's Tribute.

It's not a viable entry level raiding weapon when there are better options available for little to no investment.

It's really easy to test, just go to Femaledwarf.com and change the race to a neutral race, Undead works.

What evidence do you have to back your assertion? You keep claiming that it's "BIS pre-raid", but why do you think that? 50 DPS is not a lot when you consider that even poor hunters can put out at least 10K at 85. You're crowing about a 50 DPS increase, which is just asinine; a 50 DPS difference is not worth the gold/time necessary to get this weapon.

The Crossfire is 50 DPS less, my point is that that is close enough to being equivalent, and obviously you agree with me. Thank you very much for reinforcing my point.
The Crossfire is 50 DPS less, my point is that that is close enough to being equivalent, and obviously you agree with me. Thank you very much for reinforcing my point.

50 less than the arena gun? are you joking? I see it as a 322 DPS loss switching to that gun from the i359 arena gun on my a hunter (a dwarf). If you're suggesting that a 50 dps increase over an i346 weapon somehow makes a weapon (which I am skeptical of) "BiS Pre-Raid", then I don't know what to tell you (other than you should probably invest in a stats class because it sounds like it could do you a world of good). A BiS Pre-Raid list would of course include the arena weapons as they merely require 3 weeks of matches.

The point is moot as 3.2 is more than likely dropping next week.

It's a 300 DPS loss to use Crossfire Carbine as any race other than Dwarf over Mandokir's Tribute.

It's not a viable entry level raiding weapon when there are better options available for little to no investment.

If you say so. Personally, gold is so easy to come by I'd much rather spend 3k on the AH than arena for 3 weeks or risk my sanity pugging ZA over and over again. Calling it "essentially pre-raid BiS" may have been slightly inaccurate, but that doesn't take away from my original point: calling this gun "garbage" or mocking someone for using it in a heroic clearly demonstrates ignorance on the speaker's part.
If you say so. Personally, gold is so easy to come by I'd much rather spend 3k on the AH than arena for 3 weeks or risk my sanity pugging ZA over and over again. Calling it "essentially pre-raid BiS" may have been slightly inaccurate, but that doesn't take away from my original point: calling this gun "garbage" or mocking someone for using it in a heroic clearly demonstrates ignorance on the speaker's part.

Slightly? It's fairly inaccurate. There are better alternatives to Crossfire Carbon that don't need a lot of investment. With 4.2 dropping next week, it should be simple to grind out the honor required for the 359 gun, if you're a Dwarf and want to utilize your Racial.

With 4.2 dropping, there's also the introduction of the 365 Engineering gun. It's not pre-raid BiS.

And it's not that hard to grind out ZG with some guildies. That's what they're for, if they consider themselves raiders. They'll help out to make sure everyone is raid viable.
Ive yet to see hunters with strength, but ive seen a MASSIVE (so massive it needed caps) influx of intellect death knights. And i dont mean a piece or two. I mean it was like they have been rolling need on the items, and have trinkets with intellect that proc spell power or something. Its worse than what i saw back in the beginning of wotlk.

At least 8.

I only ever see competent hunters actually, and most have full t11.
Wow!
I see this a year later.
Hmm I have never stacked str, But I did use the Carbine Because it was better (higher dps) then my 333 bow.
I don't live in the game, I am casual, and I have real bad luck with winning drops.
The OP didn't mention I was 2nd only to him on Damage done.
And yes, Unheeded Warning did proc on range.
At the time, the rifle was bis for dwarf hunters and 2nd bis overall.
The rifle was also gone in 3 days.
He forgot to mention i was in 2pcs pvp gear with 2 pcs of windrunner gear.
Lol, some folks.
And the dual wielded 1 hand weapons were replaced as soon as my polearm dropped.
I like reading through these egregious necros to see who is still active and who's dropped by the wayside. Sneakys is still going strong; RIP Mendia...