deleting arch rare item, can i get it again?

Professions
This is a question i've come across many times in reading threads. I'm working with wowdigsite.com and I'd like to address this. For the sake of the archaeology community.

I've opened a ticket to blizzard and they told me that they do not give out hints/ discuss drop rates with players, and I should come to the forums to ask everyone if they know.

Has anyone out there gotten a rare item from archaeology and deleted it and then gotten that same rare again while digging?

I've been working on another project "Will having a BOA from an alt stop you from getting it again" http://wowdigsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=81 , this project deals with the question many people have asked, if you get a boa item on your main, and then send it to an alt, will the fact that that boa is in your alt's inventory stop the game from making it capable to get on the alt. During the process of doing this project i remembered all the thread of people asking "if i delete it, can i then get it again?"

The deleting project I'm asking the archaeology community for input for experience and facts. if you have deleted an item, and had it come up again please let me know. post links to screen shots of your archaeology tab showing a rare item solved more then once.

Thank you everyone for your time, I personally do not believe it is possible, i'm as positive as I can be.

Feel free to respond showing anything thing in any blue post to back up the fast that it is impossible. Or feel free to respond how ever you like.

Thank you,

Morpsend
wowdigsite.com
I personally have never gotten the same rare item more than once, even the ones that I deleted/sold.

I wonder why they wouldn't answer that question, though. It's not really about the drop rate, its about weather its possible to obtain if you deleted it. It's not like you're looking for the chances of getting it again, it's a yes or no question.
I'm going to have to say very unlikely, as you've completed the project and that's what the game cares about when determining what you can get next.
You can only make each rare once per toon.

To get a rare a second time, you will have to level archaeology on another toon.
That would suggest that the toon with the BoA sent from another toon could get a second copy. But has anyone ever experienced this?
Just look at the Niffelvar Bearded Axe as the easiest example, since it's a "common" rare. That's a BoA weapon and people get more than one of those. (But only once per character.)
06/20/2011 09:02 AMPosted by Zemocrates
That would suggest that the toon with the BoA sent from another toon could get a second copy. But has anyone ever experienced this?

I'm actually working on finding this out now. i sent the queen ashara's dressing gown to a alt with and am leveling them up to see if having the boa in my bags will stop me from getting it again.

http://wowdigsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=81

This project i think is possible.

Morpsend
My knowledge of this skill was that a rare can only be crafted once, per character, regardless of deleting the item or sending it to an alt. Meaning if I made Queen Azshara's Gown on this mage, then sent it to an alt, I wouldn't be able to get another one on my mage but could on my alt. Sound right?
^

Yes.

I have friend who has a enhance shaman who is dual wielding the Vrykrul axe.
He leveled archaeology on two toons to get 2 axes.

However there is a weird issue with the rares in that they stack. If you give the axe to someone and it is sitting in their bag (not equipped), and you give them a second axe, you will have a stack of two axes, that you cannot split up.

To get around this, you must equip the first axe before you give the second axe to one of your toons.

A third friend found that out, but I believe he ticketed blizz and they split the axes up for him so he could use them.
Somewhere out there, right now, theres a fury warrior wanting to dual wield Zin'rohk.
06/20/2011 12:55 PMPosted by Jäfar
Somewhere out there, right now, theres a fury warrior wanting to dual wield Zin'rohk.

You can't, because Zin'Rohk is unique =(.
06/20/2011 01:19 PMPosted by Availon

You can't, because Zin'Rohk is unique =(.

You can dual wield it if you have the old one (like I do). The problem is that I'm not likely to get the new one to go with it.

I've had it since the ZG raid was current content. ;)