blizzard has insulted arena plyrs once again

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 23 Next
I'm not too happy about this because I was waiting until the season ends to transfer off this dead loser server but hopefully they will use the extra time wisely to get rid of mmr exploiters and such.
Season 9 now ends on the 28th instead of the 21st while a player who doesn't do arena often may say its only one more week, if you look at whats going on inside the hardcore arena tier, this is absolutely absurd.

MMR Exploiting is completely out of control and you have enabled another week of this to continue and yet you have done very little to prevent or control this.

Glad Sells are completely out of control and you have enabled another week of this to continue and have done very little to prevent or control this.

Arena Participation is once again at an all time-low, I promise you we will not be as forgiving as the past as time and time again Arena players are left in the dark, with no explanation or reasoning.

Cuttoffs across the board for Gladiator are going to become absurdly high I am currently 2771 in 3s and now I DO NOT FEEL SAFE AT THIS RATING. Are you serious 2771? What has this game come to?

Season 9 will last 24 weeks, a very intuitive and endearing way to begin an expansion pack that was supposed to "slow arena down and increase healthpools" please dont even get me started on that.
It's just a game.
every season the "as early" has been used and EVERY season had an end there. Just end the season on tuesday, the PvPers will be happy, you guys can have enough time repairing some of the bugs and then have the 2 week period of grace.
Sounds excellent. Why not cater to your subscribers? This 7 day change is huge. People switched schedules to push for their ratings, push for rank 1 or their desired title for blizzard to say: hm, sorry guys 1 more week..............
EDIT: Also, the vindication BG is completely bugged and im 95% sure no1 will get titles on Vindication due to Blizzard not acknowledging the bug.
06/17/2011 07:24 PMPosted by Sohl
What are you trying to accomplish with these sort of threads I wonder? Do you expect someone from blizzard to pop in and say "Oh. We're so sorry about this. Of course we'll get that patch out on the 21st, along with a lifetime supply of chocolate for everyone that got madfaced at us."

you don't get it fugly, people are mad because there's no reason to extend the season for another week, 6 months was enough. they can very easily freeze and shut down rated arena queues and do their banning/patching/fixing/calculating/deleting in the following 1-2 weeks. i don't understand why people keep saying they're adding another week to "clean-up" the ladders; if they knew how to fix the exploits they would've done it proactively instead of waiting til the last week.

You're right. Blizz did it ON. PURPOSE. To give you a bad day. And now they're deliberately giving you a metaphorical "slap in the face" and lol-ing about it all over their corp office. I know because I'm the jerk that set it all up that way. I made the decision. And. There. Is. Nothing. You. Can. Do. About. It.

So just sit there and take it. Like a B----. lol.

This, somewhat definitively and without ambiguity, has declared two things about June 21. Firstly, it declares it as the end of Arena Season 9. Secondly, it declares that it is a date that could be considered early in a given context (in this case, regarding the closure of Season 9). The way it's written says that June 21 is the end date, though perhaps the audience reading the announcement may have thought it to end a bit later (hence the declaration that June 21 might be considered early in that context).

Please tell me what, if any, words in the following mean earlier than anticipated.

Arena and Rated Battleground Season 9 is scheduled to end as early as June 21.

Because any actual Etymologist would tell you you are wrong.

Well the big add on the front page telling us to make sure we spend our points or lose them caused people to spend points on stuff they really didn't want. I wanted my main hand but ended up spending them so I didn't loose them.

But the smart people didn't spend points mid week knowing it would be obvious come Monday evening, if not Sunday evening, prior to the patch what Tuesday was actually patch day and spend accordingly.

Well the big add on the front page telling us to make sure we spend our points or lose them caused people to spend points on stuff they really didn't want. I wanted my main hand but ended up spending them so I didn't loose them.

But the smart people didn't spend points mid week knowing it would be obvious come Monday evening, if not Sunday evening, prior to the patch what Tuesday was actually patch day and spend accordingly.

Well considering Im on vacation till Thursday and nowhere near my WoW account I guess that wouldn't be possible would it.
I really don't understand how a person can seriously think Blizzard's staff are purposely after the players who play their games. Yes everybody, they hate their consumers sooo much and nothing makes them happier than messing with us. Especially now that they know the hardest way to hit the fan-base is adding a WHOLE EXTRA WEEK to the arena season! After playing for 4 years, I am amazed Blizzard still does care about WoW, with all the hate-post and stupid drama that is brought up because one person is dim-witted enough to think something so ridiculous. I just read a wall of text post where a person tried to break down the English *Language for 1 phrase to prove Blizzard wrong.
Wow. Okay. Next time I'll add the word "tentatively" in front of the word "scheduled" just to make sure everyone's on board. If "scheduled" automatically implies a date set in stone, and no other words in the sentence can augment that implication, throwing the word "tentatively" in front of it might be mind blowing.

Anyway, I like adverbs. I'm sure you do too. :)

Don't waste your time, just say "Soon", crack an evil grin, play your evil theme on the organ, and exit stage left.

You'll get more laughs that way.
06/17/2011 07:42 PMPosted by Grian

You mean the post that says that all Conquest points would be converted to honor, and conquest items would cost honor? The same post that said you would have a week to spend your points before being dropped below the cap? That one? On the old date, you wouldn't lose points until the 28th.
06/17/2011 06:48 PMPosted by Efn
Keep in mind our original announcement said it could end "as early as June 21." It wasn't an absolute confirmation of the end date.

No. A thousand times no.

The problem with a lot of people who write today is their fundamental lack of understanding regarding the finer points of the English language.

The original announcement:

Arena and Rated Battleground Season 9 is scheduled to end as early as June 21.

This, somewhat definitively and without ambiguity, has declared two things about June 21. Firstly, it declares it as the end of Arena Season 9. Secondly, it declares that it is a date that could be considered early in a given context (in this case, regarding the closure of Season 9). The way it's written says that June 21 is the end date, though perhaps the audience reading the announcement may have thought it to end a bit later (hence the declaration that June 21 might be considered early in that context).

Had the author of that announcement wanted to introduce the notion that the earliest it is scheduled to end is June 21, they most certainly should have written:

Arena and Rated Battleground Season 9 may end as early as June 21.

It's the "is scheduled to end" phrasing in the original announcement that adds a sense of solidity to the date. The use of the word "scheduled" implies a definite, concrete date, as this is the most common context in which that word is used. The "as early as" phrase, given it's pairing with a phrase implying a fixed date, is therefore relegated to that of an additional description about the date, rather than your now stated intention of introducing ambiguity to it.

You may think I'm splitting hairs on this, but those in charge of writing announcements really ought to be aware of such nuances. If you intend to introduce a sense of variability into an announcement, do so, and do so clearly. What that announcement said was fairly clear to most who read it: Season 9 ends on June 21, and you might think that's early compared to when you may have otherwise been expecting it to close.

You don't understand the english language

'As early as' is equivalent to 'at the earliest'

The announcement was very clear.

You are just mad because you made a bad assumption based on the announcement because of your failure to understand a simple phrase

Look at how long of an explanation you had to concoct to explain your backwards way of understanding the announcement to shift blame for your anger away from yourself.

Your argument defeats itself. The purpose of language is to convey meaning. If it takes a whole page of writing to explain what you and possibly others did and should have understood from a one sentence announcement then your understanding of language and communication skills are lacking.
Had the author of that announcement wanted to introduce the notion that the earliest it is scheduled to end is June 21, they most certainly should have written:

I only got that far before stopping.

You said author (singular), yet you used the pronoun they (plural).

If you're going to be an ass in public then you should probably make sure that you don't end up looking like a dumb ass.
Better yet, Blizzard, don't put rated PVP in Project Titan so you don't have to waste time consoling uneducated players concerning simple logistics of a videogame.
Quick! Someone call the grammar police! We may be able to control the outbreak before any real damage is done!

....SERIOUSLY, are people SERIOUSLY trying to argue that GRAMMAR is the reason why the arena should end NOW instead of LATER? This is pathetic. And then in an outcry others puff out their chests, fan out their peacock feathers and strut around claiming their grammar is far better than the other peacock's grammar and how it needs to learn proper english before being a peacock yada yada BLAH.

CMs, please pay no heed to ANY of this(that's if you're reading this thread at all anymore). Do what you need to do to make sure the next season goes off without a hitch please.