Probability addon

UI and Macro
I'm looking for an addon that will track the value of the card I get from eating a Fortune Cookie and will output that data with a slash command similar to the following:

1s - 500 cards - 80%
50s - 200 cards - 8%
1g - 50 cards - 1%
etc
etc
etc

It might also make sense to pull results from guild members running it to get a bigger sample size.
It's already being done;
http://wowfortunes.blogspot.com/
I'm aware of that, however it doesn't help me at all. As far as I know the only people that have said tracking addon are him and the author. If I and my raid group all run it then I've just quintupled the sample size. It also gives me records of my own flips, I wouldn't have to rely on someone else's data.
This shouldn't be too tricky to make, I'll look into it a bit.
The blog site also hasn't been updated since Feburary, I use about a half stack every day.

A verbose mode would be cool too, like tracking which exact cards you've gotten. Ex:

/command 1s
would output
1s saying 1 - 37 cards - 40%
1s saying 2 - 12 cards - 15%
etc
etc

It's not as important as the overall values, but it'd be nice to see which sayings come up the most.

There's a gold reward on Alliance Nesingwary if you want to claim it Coonster.
Either gold on my server or a TCG loot card on yours reward for the addon.
Am I still eligible for reward if I write an addon that tells you you have a 100% chance to lose money?
I'm already having bad day so go troll elsewhere Magss.

Coonster, is there any way I can help to get this addon made?
I'm already having bad day so go troll elsewhere Magss.

Coonster, is there any way I can help to get this addon made?
Not really, but I'm putting the finishing touches on it now. I haven't tested it yet, so hopefully it all goes well.
Unfortunately I (rather stupidly) managed to completely delete the AddOn's files along with a lot of other files when I mistakenly formatted the external hard drive they were on.

I'll try and recreate the AddOn, but it wasn't behaving properly when I last tested it. If someone else wants to take over this project, that's fine with me, but I'll be doing my best to get it working in the mean time.
What general method were you using to detect a card being created? I tried watching ITEM_PUSH and comparing the second argument (texture path) to a list of possible textures. This works but it doesn't give me any information about what the card's value is.

The alternative that I'm almost certain would work is caching the results of the player's entire inventory, watching for ITEM_PUSH, then comparing each modified inventory slot to a list of itemIDs for each card. You'd also need to manually map each ID to its value.

The latter execution seems like a horrible task I don't want to deal with. There's gotta be an easier way. -_-

http://www.mediafire.com/?d2jq373l2283zkf

This is rather poor work. It's functional-ish but it doesn't catch all cards for reasons I cannot determine. I welcome anybody to take this code and modify it with no license restrictions. I'd love to make it work perfectly but 700g and 2 hours is enough for me.
I was using CHAT_MSG_LOOT and string.match to capture the itemID of the card and look it up in a table of vendor prices.
06/27/2011 02:04 AMPosted by Choonster
I was using CHAT_MSG_LOOT and string.match to capture the itemID of the card and look it up in a table of vendor prices.

... Now I feel dumb. :(

Here's a version using this method: http://www.mediafire.com/?uhpkpb5500vo69z. Worked perfectly over 22 flips. Should be fine.