How a Demon Hunter Class could be tied in

Story Forum
whoa calm down there buddy just throwing things out there and yes i agree with you so i retract that one. brewmaster bout the only other thing i could think of for them. but idk blizz will do that they want anyways
dwarf mountain king and a tauren runemaster :D
Orc Blademaster
What about humans? Their hero class for excellence is the Paladin. :O
06/21/2011 07:45 AMPosted by Drakovane
What about humans? Their hero class for excellence is the Paladin. :O

They could get Knights of the Silver Hand. SLIGHT distinction.
10/08/2012 10:42 PMPosted by Drakzul
I think it would be nice to have an expansion involving Demon Hunters as a hero class after MoP, and being race specific to Nightelves and Bloodelves for the sake of how rare Demon Hunters are, if every single race could be a demon hunter then they would be so common, but some people woulden't want to play a Demon Hunter if they had to be a NE or BE to play one, and so Demon Hunters would still less common than other classes. :)

Considering that Night and Blood Elves are two of the most played races, I am pretty sure that they would still flood servers, regardless of whether or not they are supposed to be rare.

Also, I always felt that Orcs and Draenei could easily fit as Demon Hunters, seeing their past with demons.
Its been stated by Metzen that he wants to bring Illidan back because he's "a sucker for a good redemption story". It was also mention edin Blizzcon 2011 Story and Lore Q&A Panel that Illidan will come back, they just need to find a good way to leverage him. For the full version (if you haven't seen it) I'll link it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhzMHJE3UGY&feature=related

Update: Confirmation on this Video is at 4:32

That being said, Why couldn't Illidan train and lead the Demon hunters themselves since he is coming back, and so (presumably) the Burning Legion as well.
Demon Hunters are just aesthetically prefered as night elves because of their history. The Dark Embrace is an ancient clandestine warrior cult of the Kaldorei, not many are willing to sacrifice soul and eyes to be better at killing a thing.

But I think if Demon Hunters ever come to the game, of course they will be open to other races. The Dark Embrace for now is all but a ghost, but I'm sure something could happen to wake them up and or bring living members to light willing to train anyone who's willing to make the sacrifice and able to hold their own combat wise.
But Illidan is not necessary for a story concerning we now have the name of the Demon Hunter cult from Cataclysm's new quest line. And there is the member of the Dark Embrace living in Fel Wood. They may be open to working with Illidan again however if he returns in some manner.
from memory, i could be mistaken but didnt illidan sacrifice his eyes from a sargeras buff so he could be more attuned to magic?
10/09/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Steveybaby
from memory, i could be mistaken but didnt illidan sacrifice his eyes from a sargeras buff so he could be more attuned to magic?

I think it was Sargaeras giving him a 'gift' for his loyalty if I remember correctly. I dont remember Illidan wanting or enjoying the experience.
10/09/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Steveybaby
Knaack's book messed up a lot of things demon hunter fans took for granted.

Illidan was the mold for the demon hunter class in WC3, but he was not really considered the first demon hunter, or it was debated.

It was implied there was a cult like order similar to the Dark Embrace who removed their eyes in a ritual and who bound the fel energy or soul of a demon to their body.

It was debated about whether Illidan belonged to this cult, or if this cult was inspired by Illidan's prowess at the battle for the Well of Eternity and sought to emulate him.

It was not until Knaack was commissioned to the write the Well trilogy that a lot of this suddenly got messed up and out of wack. Illidan never sacrificed his eyes, he was grabbed against his will and had his eyes burned out by Sargeras himself who gave him a "gift".

Suddenly there are no other demon hunters and it all became about Illidan and all demon hunter fans were considered demon hunter fan boys who wanted to pretend they were Illidan.

Now that we have the Dark Embrace, there's more room for a story here and the other demon hunters in WOW make sense lore wise, like Thalipedes.
I find it sort of odd how rarely the Dark Embrace is mentioned in these sort of threads. I suppose people either don't remember the name or the quest lines are too vague and out of the way or people think it sounds too angsty.
I never quested in Felwood, but my husband did and he knows about them as well and just told me. He feels sympathy towards Illidan and hopes he makes a return appearance even though the Dark Embrace does exist. What I want to know, which I can't remember, how did Illidan get his wings and hooved feet? That wasn't from Sargeras, but maybe demons in outland? All I do know is he didn't have them in Well of Eternity, but he did in Northrend.
10/10/2012 04:56 AMPosted by Sardre
I never quested in Felwood, but my husband did and he knows about them as well and just told me. He feels sympathy towards Illidan and hopes he makes a return appearance even though the Dark Embrace does exist. What I want to know, which I can't remember, how did Illidan get his wings and hooved feet? That wasn't from Sargeras, but maybe demons in outland? All I do know is he didn't have them in Well of Eternity, but he did in Northrend.

Did you not play WC3? You really should if you haven't, it's a great vehicle for the lore of WOW.

But, Illidan was trying to protect what is now Felwood from the Burning Legion not long after Tyrande freed him from his 10,000 year imprisonment after he created the new well at Hyjal's summit.

While Illidan was hunting and slaying demons around Felwood, he ran into Arthas who was still a pawn of Kil'jaeden and Ner'zhul. Arthas and Illidan had a duel, where upon Illidan stopped the combat and demanded to know what Arthas was all about. Arthas told him openly of a fel object of great energy that was corrupting Felwood, and he did not spare any detail about it's immense power. This turned out to be the skull of the orc warlock Gul'dan.

Even though Illidan sensed he was being manipulated, he was trying to prove to Malfurion and Tyrande that he was honestly fighting for his people as well as to save the ancient forests around Hyjal, and he of course is attracted to power, so he decided to go after it anyways.

He got the skull, and he basically absorbed it's fel energies, which turned him then and there where he stood into the demonic creature you saw in Outland.

He trashed the remaining Legion army like insects, but when Malfurion arrived and saw what Illidan had become, he was banished again basically.

What remains to be seen for me is what being turned into a demon did to Illidan. I like to think he is somehow bound to the Legion in some way, and at his death he was claimed for the pacts he made with Kil'jaeden. And the Light help him if Sargeras was coming home too.
All these class you guys are bring up are part of the game already. Warlocks are getting pretty close to demon hunters, Orc blademasters are Arms Warriors.
10/10/2012 11:48 PMPosted by Thoriv
All these class you guys are bring up are part of the game already. Warlocks are getting pretty close to demon hunters, Orc blademasters are Arms Warriors.

zzzz zzz zz zz