Source of 4.2 blacksmithing recipes?

Professions
Not having a blacksmith myself....

Where are the new recipes coming from, especially the weapon recipes?

I've gathered up mats to get the recipes for three different specs, and I want to be able to hit the ground running on patch day. What does the blacksmith have to do to get the recipes? If he needs a stack of hardened elementium bars, I want to have three of those stacks ready.

...same question for the leatherworking tank leg enchant, although I'm sure that one is just more heavy savage leather.
Weapon recipes are purchased rewards that can be unlocked from the daily quest hubs. I understand it needs something like 300 world tree tokens to unlock them. At the start, you can earn 4 tokens per day. It is going to take a while.

Tank leg enchant will probably come from the leatherworking supply vendor for 10 heavy savage leather.
06/21/2011 12:49 PMPosted by Sorelai
Tank leg enchant will probably come from the leatherworking supply vendor for 10 heavy savage leather.

If wowhead is correct, it will definitely be coming from the trainer.
06/21/2011 12:49 PMPosted by Sorelai
Weapon recipes are purchased rewards that can be unlocked from the daily quest hubs. I understand it needs something like 300 world tree tokens to unlock them. At the start, you can earn 4 tokens per day. It is going to take a while.

There must be more to the story. There's no way Blizzard would make it take 75 days of grinding to get a single recipe.

That would make sense. It's a recipe scroll at http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=71721, but with no explanation of how to get it.
06/21/2011 01:01 PMPosted by Kathucka
There must be more to the story. There's no way Blizzard would make it take 75 days of grinding to get a single recipe.

More like 30 days and you unlock them all at the same time. You don't need the tokens for each recipe.

As you unlock additional quests, you'll be able to earn more tokens. Expect the grind to take about one month, not two-and-a-half months.
Gaining Access to New Plans:

You first turn in 20 marks to enable you to go through the portal to the Molten Front. This gets you your first epic rewards.

Then you have two turn-ins of 150 marks each to get the two druid factions to help out. Each one adds new dailies.

Then you are offered three 125-mark turn-ins, one of which is "Additional Armaments" and completing that one opens up the Blacksmithing plans, which just cost gold to buy. Each of these 125-mark turn-ins allows you to buy additional epics and opens up new dailies.

So you are looking at 445 marks to gain access. At the start you can only earn 4 marks per day, so it takes 5 days to get the first 20 marks. Then you gain more dailies as you move along and end up earning 16 to 20 marks per day. Expect this to take you 4-6 weeks.

Once you complete the three 125-mark turn-in quests you can then use marks to buy tokens you can use to raise your rep with any one of your faction capitols. And you get a nifty mount at the end.
Thanks, Willhelm.

Sounds like nobody is going to have the new recipes any time soon. The only new recipes immediately available will probably be the tank leg enchant and the jewelcrafting PvP necks and rings.

My best guesses:

Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, Tailoring gloves and boots: Firelands trash drops.

Blacksmithing weapons: Daily Hyjal quests.

Jewelcrafting PvP jewelry: Daily quest tokens.

Alchemy: Zip.

Enchanting: Zilch.

Anyone know of more crafting stuff?
06/21/2011 01:32 PMPosted by Willhelm
At the start you can only earn 4 marks per day, so it takes 5 days to get the first 20 marks.

Gotta correct you slightly, as the progression quests also gives marks so you should have 12 marks by the end of the first day if you do those dailies as well.
All of the new weapon plans are bought from the same vendor at the Molten Front that gives the Additional Armaments quest. The source of the new epic boot and glove plans is unknown at this time.

The cloth, leather, mail and plate PvP armor plans will be updated on day 1 of the patch, and sold by the craft supply vendors in the capitols, but the existing crafted PvP armor items will not be upgraded. This means there will be a lively market at first for PvP armor upgrades.
I am so glad minerals will be as valuable as they should be, maybe now miners won't be crying about prospecting being gimp in cata. As a BS I am so ready to make killer profit off these craftables as soon as they unlock. Casual players will be paying ridiculous money to be geared for pugs. Hey I can't hate for your schedules, but don't hate me for my prices because we both can agree that time is valuable for both of us! LOL. BS is banking this expansion! Stack up on truegold, volatile fires, and chaos orbs BSs; the time is neigh!
06/25/2011 04:16 PMPosted by Elcubanohugo
Stack up on truegold, volatile fires, and chaos orbs BSs; the time is neigh!

There, there, Hugo; Have a carrot! Would you like a lump of sugar or an apple?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyways, just wanted to *##** about LW'ing having only 1 new thing to make with 4.2, the new tank leg armor (which is 1pristine(2.5stack savage), 20earth, btw).
All of the new plans (weapons, boots, gloves, rings, etc.) are bought from three vendors at the Molten Front once you do the marks turn-ins. There are no dropped plans.

Do you have any confirmation of that? They were not on vendor earlier in ptr.
Correction: I rechecked the PTR and the weapon plans are sold by the vendor at the Molten Front that gives the Additional Armaments quest, but not the epic boot or gauntlet plans. I have not seen or heard of their source. They will either be drops in the Firelands raid or sold be a faction vendor we have not yet seen.
06/26/2011 10:06 PMPosted by Willhelm
Correction: I rechecked the PTR and the weapon plans are sold by the vendor at the Molten Front that gives the Additional Armaments quest, but not the epic boot or gauntlet plans.

Thanks for doing that. Now none of us know where they are from:(