Ask Creative Development -- Round II Answers

Story Forum
Prev 1 6 7 8 15 Next
You'd think that most Forsaken ships would be from Kul'tiras considering the Scourges attempt to inva-

@%*!.
Awesome! Thanks for doing this!
I can just picture Sylvanas ordering her forsaken arcanists to raise the wrekcage from the seafloor, "On your ready, mages, rise!"

Epic levitating spell, the ocean causes waves as the giant ship is pulled to the surface. Man, turn that into a quest ! <3

I was about to reference the Scourges attempted invasion of Kul'Tiras as why you'd think the Forsaken would have a bunch of Kul'tiras shipwrecks as well, until I remembered that's detailed in the RPG's.

This is going to get annoying.
I hate to rain on the party, but it's about damn time. Also seems a little short for the time between rounds.
06/23/2011 03:47 PMPosted by Derexise
I hate to rain on the party, but it's about damn time. Also seems a little short for the time between rounds.

It's likely they spent more time deciding what NOT to include than they did answering the questions. A lot more.
So, question.

Now that the RPG books are non-canon, many roleplayers who roleplay a race are stuck without a cultural background they can reference. The RPG books were a great wealth of information about culture, history and general tidbits about a race (I, myself, roleplay a Night Elf and the RPG books gave great insight into what their life is like).

Is Blizzard going to actually release a fully updated lexicon on each race's culture and traditions?
06/23/2011 01:00 PMPosted by Garotar
I'm pretty sure that before Ulduar, the Titans had already beat the Old Gods before reshaping the planet, but I'd need to check the WC3 manual.

I'd be pretty skeptical of the order of events relating to the Titans and Old Gods in the WC3 manual LOL.

06/23/2011 01:03 PMPosted by Frandar
I feel that I should add that the Wowpedia administration has seen this and has started discussing this and what to do about RPG content. We would like your feedback on the wiki proper about what to do (once it is back up).

Please link to the discussion on Wowpedia, once it is up and posted. As for my feedback, I agree with what has been previously commented, except that I'd also say that the template for the RPG books needs to be edited to account for its new cannon status. I think this turn of events is a good occasion for a canon page itself if there isn't already one. I'd prefer the RPG books not get lumped into the

Oh, and I'm also glad you closed the case and made the RPG books non-canon unless otherwise stated. If nothing else, a lot of the population numbers given were way too low.

Besides population numbers, I'm not aware of any major conflicts between the RPGs and other sources. Beyond the RPGs listing events not referenced elsewhere (which does not by itself mean they didn't occur), can anybody give me an example that would explain why they're non-cannon now?

Q: Are night elves related to trolls in some way?

A: See issue #5 of the World of Warcraft Official Magazine!
When will this be released?

I hope this part is going to be included in the free preview... I was under the impression that the magazine would have no new lore so we wouldn't have to subscribe to avoid missing out.
06/23/2011 02:24 PMPosted by Egrem
Although it doesn't explain what happened to Lordaeron's harbor(s)...

Could be a combination of the following:

Harbours were destroy by scourge and the debris was carried off by murlocs to form their homes - many of their huts/villages look oddly well made for simple creatures.

When Grom was rescued by Thrall... The orcs trashed the harbour city and took the horde to Kalimdor on the ships of Lordaeron. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9n1s_5JU80 (at the end)
So, question.

Now that the RPG books are non-canon, many roleplayers who roleplay a race are stuck without a cultural background they can reference. The RPG books were a great wealth of information about culture, history and general tidbits about a race (I, myself, roleplay a Night Elf and the RPG books gave great insight into what their life is like).

Is Blizzard going to actually release a fully updated lexicon on each race's culture and traditions?

Indeed. For example, I am in <Clergy of the Holy Light>, a guild based on the Church of the Holy Light.

...But the church is barely referenced in-game.

So an updated lexicon would be awesome.
06/23/2011 04:31 PMPosted by Opheron
When Grom was rescued by Thrall... The orcs trashed the harbour city and took the horde to Kalimdor on the ships of Lordaeron.

The orcs sailed for Kalimdor before Arthas sent a fleet of ships to Northrend.

06/23/2011 04:31 PMPosted by Opheron
Harbours were destroy by scourge and the debris was carried off by murlocs to form their homes - many of their huts/villages look oddly well made for simple creatures.

This is possible... but I'm not sure why the Forsaken couldn't build rebuild the harbor in the same place.
It's interesting that the Forsaken raise ships at all. Most of them would've rotted to the point where they wouldn't be buoyant.
06/23/2011 12:29 PMPosted by Edov
And why do Draenei have to be ignored like they do? They've been alive for thousands of thousands of years, yet they are almost always portrayed as naive and easily ignored. Velen alone was already old twenty five thousand years ago. I mean... come on!

Ignore the Draenei??? Well I for one watch them very, very closely.

First they start out on Eredor which the Legion turns into a main base of operation but a handful of survivors flee and end up on Draenor where the Orcs live (and somehow manage to out-copyright the orcs on being named after their own home world). Then, kaboom, Draenor is in pieces and, once again, a handful of survivors flee - this time to Azeroth. And then the Cataclysm occurs.

Oh you better believe I've got one eye on you Draenei, --- the other on the nearest exit.
06/23/2011 04:46 PMPosted by Ainhin
It's interesting that the Forsaken raise ships at all. Most of them would've rotted to the point where they wouldn't be buoyant.

True but the Forsaken probably use MAGIC during their reconstruction process so the point is moot.
When Grom was rescued by Thrall... The orcs trashed the harbour city and took the horde to Kalimdor on the ships of Lordaeron.

The orcs sailed for Kalimdor before Arthas sent a fleet of ships to Northrend.

This is possible... but I'm not sure why the Forsaken couldn't build rebuild the harbor in the same place.

I assume the orcs smashed up Stromgarde and it's harbour in the Arathi Highlands since that's where they said that took place.

Arthas could have sailed from a northern harbour around the Solliden Farm/Scarlet Guard Tower area, that harbour looks like a good place to hide some ships (depending on the depth of that water).

Forsaken were just lazy and borrowed the 'hopefully now-functional' Blood Elf harbour to fix them up is my guess.
@raktah COULDN'T agree more.
Expansion Idea:
Id love an expansion all about the titans and how azeroth was created. No smoke and mirrors anymore I'd love to see the titans themselves. Make Sargeras a raid boss, and put an EPIC quest chain that explains how and why he went mad. Oh and make a few more bgs and arenas XXXDDD

As for the explaination of why he's mad.... wowiki has it!
http://www.wowwiki.com/Sargeras