Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide

Druid
Prev 1 36 37 38 51 Next
altghough, what would be your suggestions for the Ultrax fight seeing as thats what we're working on in heroic atm.
I'm not as good at reading combat logs as others but I can tell you what I see from your longest Ultraxion attempts (4 minutes or greater). Ultraxion is very RNG based and difficult to perfect rotation wise.

For fights over 4 minutes you should have more than 2 starfalls. Make sure you're using Glyph of Focus and Glyph of Starfall for Ultraxion. Most of the logs it's hard to tell if you were popping it during lunar because it shows starfalls uptime as almost 50% in some cases.

You seem to be blowing through solar eclipse without applying sunfire often. The general rule is once you hit Solar Eclipse, re-apply dots, re-apply dots right before leaving solar, when you hit lunar do not re-apply when you enter, but re-apply right before they fall off or right before you're about to leave eclipse (which ever comes first). That gives you the most consistent use of Nature's Grace with eclipsed dots. The key to Ultraxion (one which I am not doing well) is getting the best benefit out of Nature's Grace. Are you using DBM? I have game sounds off with DBM sounds on and when twilight instability or fading light goes out I get a audible warning and a verbal countdown on fading light. I don't hit my button until she says "1". That frees my eyes up so I can watch eclipse timings, dot timers and cds much better.

That's probably the best advice I can give. Fading Light throws most of that for a loop. You just have to be smart about when to apply dots and when to not apply dots and push an eclipse. I think with the changes you've already made you should see some improvement, I recommend running LFR and seeing where you're at on it and practice on training dummies to get your dot timings down.
03/09/2012 02:32 AMPosted by Poisonblack
altghough, what would be your suggestions for the Ultrax fight seeing as thats what we're working on in heroic atm.

Yeah, basically, H ultrax is a lot like reg ultrax, only more so. You still have the same decisions to make, but you have to make them more frequently.

The best thing I can suggest is spend a lot of time in front of a target dummy doing your rotation. The more familiar you are with the timing of all your spells, the better you're going to do at a fight like Ultraxion.
This is a wonderful guide you made, I applaud u you all of your hard work. I had like 5 questions to ask you now its only down to one. My question is what is the better staff for balance druids Lightning Rod ilvl 397 or the Steps of Time or whatever is called from DW 403. I can't decide whats better static haste or permanent haste? What do you Recommend?
My question is what is the better staff for balance druids Lightning Rod ilvl 397 or the Steps of Time or whatever is called from DW 403. I can't decide whats better static haste or permanent haste? What do you Recommend?

Do you get dark intent or no?

If you do, I believe steps of time is a pretty decent choice. If you don't, you want the rod, or even better, you want the mace from H morchok + ledger from ultrax. Because without static haste on your weapon, you won't be able to reach the 3101 haste breakpoint for no DI.

edit: also, if you do get DI, rathrak would be a better choice than titahk. I'm not sure with DI if 410 vagaries beats out regular rathrak or not, tbh.
Considering streaming tonight's raid for your mocking pleasure.

It would be DS 10m heroic stuff. Morchok-Ultrax, and hopefully warmaster, though it will only be our 2nd kill for him, so things might be messy. If there's still time left we'll start working on H spine, but... I might turn off the stream for that, since it's hard enough to learn a new fight without random people watching you.

Raid starts at 6pm PST. I'll update this post with the link and stuff closer to raid time.

Apparently there's a problem where the video goes in and out. Try refresh the page, pausing and hitting play again, or just waiting a few seconds for it to come back if you see a black screen.

off the air!

I'll probably be doing this more often.

If anyone was watching, tonight's raid was pretty rough cause of a missing rogue and having an old friend who hasn't played since FL fill in for him.
I still want this class to be better in MOP.
03/20/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Crath
I still want this class to be better in MOP.

Where specifically do your complaints fall? I don't understand comments like this from people who don't even follow the sticky. You're forging out of haste for crit and using WotLK gems. Some of those gems include +10 crit +10 spirit hybrid gems and some pure crit gems. I'm not trying to be rude, but it seems like you're going out of your way to not play this class properly and then hoping that the class becomes better.

Edit: I know I'm reforging out of haste, but that's because I'm on heroic spine and forging to mastery while still keeping 3100+haste.
Edit: I know I'm reforging out of haste, but that's because I'm on heroic spine and forging to mastery while still keeping 3100+haste.
1. Haha no DI
2. I feel so dirty having to forge out of haste to get down to around 2637(still preferring haste to crit so I can really only get to around 2750 or so) that I have to immediately after raid. It just feels wrong.
Hey guys I'm currently try to gear my resto towards moonkin and have a question about trinkets, I have foul gift of the demon lord. As a second trinket is it worth it to get the vp vendor one? The only other trinket I have right now is mithril stopwatch.
1. Haha no DI
2. I feel so dirty having to forge out of haste to get down to around 2637(still preferring haste to crit so I can really only get to around 2750 or so) that I have to immediately after raid. It just feels wrong.

I really hated it. Half the attempts I got DI, half I didn't. When we killed it I was on Grip duty. We killed it last week at the 10% buff and the dps check was minimal. It became apparent early that tendon damage wasn't a problem and Grips were. At much as people complain, I really liked the fight, it was the first one that felt like a progression fight. I hate that I felt useless and I can't see how people are doing 60k dps without blowing up their raid. I was doing a steady 50k camping solar for the first plate but after that it was hard to dot bloods without killing too many.

But Madness is our fight. was doing 110k at one point. The 10% nerf will probably hurt our dps because the Hemorrages go down in one round of shrooms+typoon (we have 3-4 warriors too). So I couldn't get the spellweave procs I wanted. Also multi-dotting the arm and corruption is hard because with everyone multi dotting to pad meters we were pushing it below 70% on the 3rd platform and getting early adds .

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-x7bj4qpylyrjx2g4/sum/damageDone/?s=1533&e=1685
03/24/2012 07:11 AMPosted by Ryutaro
Hey guys I'm currently try to gear my resto towards moonkin and have a question about trinkets, I have foul gift of the demon lord. As a second trinket is it worth it to get the vp vendor one? The only other trinket I have right now is mithril stopwatch.

Yeah, go ahead and get the VP one. If you have gold to spare you should consider buying DMC:V to replace foul gift. Or you can just start running LFR every week and hope to win either will of unbinding or insignia of the corrupted mind.
I have another question, why is that my dps is pretty low on training dummies? It's around 19kish in 378 gear, however when I run a raid or dungeon it is much higher, I'm assuming it's the buff scaling? Was just curious.
How do ya'll handle the argument that "spirit is a healer stat?" Signet of Suturing dropped and of course everyone called it a healer ring, though it happens to be the second best non-heroic ring for moonkins. I rolled since it was a minor upgrade just in case others didn't need it. I won, but gave it to someone who still had one of the original 4.3 378 quest rings. (I normally let others have loot if its a minor upgrade for me, so that's nothing new.) But it just irks me to have to always state spirit=hit. I had the same issue with Petrified Fungal Heart. Luckily the VP rings and necks aren't too bad. Not that this is anything new, moonkin and healer gear has always had an overlap, just getting old.
Spirit hasn't meant healer gear since 4.0 if you have a moonkin, spriest, or eke. Anyone who thinks differently is incomprehensibly stupid.

That's like saying that healers can't take non spirit gear when many of them have been dumping regen for throughput since last tier.
03/26/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Iollan
How do ya'll handle the argument that "spirit is a healer stat?"

You link the Balance of Power talent, then you link balance tier gear that has spirit on it, then you tell them that there isn't a single caster-leather level 85 item with hit on it. If they're not convinced at that point that spirit is a main secondary stat for moonkins (and ele shaman and spriests) then there's not a whole lot more you can do, really.

03/26/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Ryutaro
I have another question, why is that my dps is pretty low on training dummies? It's around 19kish in 378 gear, however when I run a raid or dungeon it is much higher, I'm assuming it's the buff scaling? Was just curious.

Yep, it's because you're getting buffs and your targets are getting debuffs that are not present when you practice at the target dummy. It's also a really good sign that your DPS goes up instead of down, because it means that you understand your rotation well enough to not flubb it up when you get into a real DPS situation, as opposed to the simplicity of standing in front of a dummy and nuking.
Hey can anyone tell me what my dps should be around at my gear level? I feel like I'm behind on some fights in lfr. Also I have been having the worst luck at trying to get lfr shoulders or at least the ones from WoE. 0/a lot ugh.