Patch 4.2: Rage of the Firelands Guide - 9/20

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
Why even bother playing it wow s gottan to the point where your playing there toons not yours play are way are don t we don t care so whybotjer with new when you already took it away from the player
lol are you even typing words?
Hello Zarhym and Hello all! I've been surveying the forums now, and I'm not entirely sure where to put this, so this seems as good a place as any.

With the release of the Firelands patch I have notice the keyring was removed to increase storage space, and while I'm sure this has it's reasons (bigger bags or other inventory space reasons), I'm equally surprised that something that was a display of invested time and money was removed. I do understand the UI and Inventory needs.

That being said what about the idea of adding the keys to the new Dungeon journal? Maybe not as an inventory slot, but as a crevice in the page that the key could graphically take up and be a part of the page, thus removing the item as an inventory space absorber (for those of us who collect such things) and still keeping it as part of the experience? I'm sure for most this is not a concern, but for those of us (like me) who have our banks over flowing with odd baubles and sentimentals, it would be the best of both would it not?
Good job on yet another failure of a lore-rich questline Blizz. This isn't a case of "pvp happened", it's a case of "We're too busy making stupid !!@@ like a map-opening animation, so we can't make the Thrall questline phased for one person/a party." (Which you most certainly can do, please don't give some bs about it being impossible.)
installed the patch and logged in and now game graphics are all tall and skinny. WTH. This happen with anyone else? Even the action bars are squeezed into the center of the screen.
It wont let me play, the Patch just wont download :\ i wanna play soooooo bad :(
Great if you did the quests in Hyjal, bad for those who had no reward from the Hyjal faction and did no more than enough to get a tabard. So now you have to go and grind out quests just to open up the new content, way to go. Cata has been one big disappointment and 6 months down the line we have two revamped dungeons and a new raid. So much for smaller more frequent content updates.
so i start this new quest chain to "save Thrall" and find myself surrounded by ally who insist on being flagged while killing the elementals which causes them to get caught by auto target tab and then I'm flagged, mobbed and dead. it is not my intention to up their numbers for pvp while im trying to do a quest. I got so pissed by the time the fire section began, when i died again, i couldn't find my way back to the fight and so hearthed. after i calmed myself down, i couldn't get back in. Gotta get 20 mark of trees to open the portal.

I realize blizz favors ally, but come on, this is supposed to be a fun game, not one that makes you want to rip off some inconsiderate brat's head. Come on blizz, what are you thinking? We know Horde has the bigger challenge, but really, we are not Evil.
You don't have to be horde for this to happen I had the same experience, if you wanna pvp go to a pvp server or battleground!
The new patch sucks
I cant even play it. It's so laggy from the servers, 4 fps, versus the 50 I used to get.
Video settings havent changed, my home latency is 120fps, with a rock solid connection.
Happens every patch it seems. takes about a week for my "connection" to smooth out.
I'll be honest, I really do not mind PvP and occasional ganking, but I was extremely upset yesterday. I was killed by a frost mage during the Firelands portion of the Thrall questline and there was no way to get back to my body. I had to spirit res, hearth out, and abandon the quest line. Very frustrating, especially when it could have been avoided entirely. Did you really expect people to not attack each other?
Ahh, yes i agree i want to be able to mail my heirloom gear across realm. After all it does say bind to account :D
Dev's,

Did you fix the Alysra, "The Fallen Guardian" quest? It has a bug on the Alliance side. That's twice with Alysra. There was a bug in her map location on the original CATA release it looks like she gotcha again.

Alysra 2, WoW 0.
How, since I have to do the Hyjal quests AGAIN on this alt (didn't like bouncing frigging bears the first time) to get entry into new content (since I can't get there on my main until I go through the turtle punting dailies a few times) how the bloody hell do i find the quests I didn't do? There are no "!" anywhere. I know of no in-game mechanism to find this information out.
How about adding a guide to Firelands Raid spirit cloth gear? Should be an easy one. Give it a go...
06/30/2011 04:21 PMPosted by Elvgren
How, since I have to do the Hyjal quests AGAIN on this alt (didn't like bouncing frigging bears the first time) to get entry into new content (since I can't get there on my main until I go through the turtle punting dailies a few times) how the bloody hell do i find the quests I didn't do? There are no "!" anywhere. I know of no in-game mechanism to find this information out.

I too am having this problem.