Need ideas: lighwell click responses

Priest
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
07/18/2011 12:32 PMPosted by Destaice
I was just wondering if you didn't mind making a post for adding phrases for dummies...because i can't figure out how to add them! X_x I have the most recent update and it says i can add phrases in game..

Glad you got it, I've been away/busy the last few days :-)

That said, I did just finish a several enhancements meant to address this very issue:

1. Added slash commands (/lwb and /lightwellbuddy) that you can use to open the configuration window.

2. Modified the default messages and configuration window tooltips to (hopefully) make it easier for people to understand how to add multiple messages.

Other changes:
3. Lightwell Buddy will now prefer to use messages that have not been used in a while to prevent repetition.

4. The server name will now be cut off when using the user name token %u in your messages to make it a little more eye friendly.
Hey all, having an issue getting it to show up on my addon list on login screen. Any one have any suggestions? I extracted and copy and pasted the Macx and the lightwell buddy files both into my interface > addons folder. No second addon folder so thats not it. Any help would be great this thing sounds like a blast.
07/24/2011 06:03 PMPosted by Honeyheal
Hey all, having an issue getting it to show up on my addon list on login screen. Any one have any suggestions? I extracted and copy and pasted the Macx and the lightwell buddy files both into my interface > addons folder. No second addon folder so thats not it. Any help would be great this thing sounds like a blast.

Hmm, im confused.. what is this "Macx" thing that you refer to? The file you download from wowinterface should contain a folder. This folder should contain 5 files and another folder:

1. Lightwellbuddy.toc
2. options.lua
3. database.lua
4. lightwellbuddy.lua
5. embeds.xml
And the folder: Libs

The entire folder should be copied to your addons folder, not just the contents... i.e. your directory should look something like this:

World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Lightwell Buddy/[files]

All the files and the Libs folder mentioned above should be inside the folder "Lightwell Buddy" which is itself a folder inside AddOns. If you put the files directly inside AddOns, and not inside their own folder, it won't work... all addons are contained within their own folders inside the AddOns folder.

Hopefully that helps fix your issue?
Wanted to come back and let you know what I found out. when i was copying the main LWB file for some reason some internal files were not copying along with the main file. I manually copied them into the LWB file after noticing it now I have all 5 inside the folder (iono if it's my comp or a bug) but now it's working thanks for a great addon!
07/25/2011 04:45 PMPosted by Honeyheal
Wanted to come back and let you know what I found out. when i was copying the main LWB file for some reason some internal files were not copying along with the main file. I manually copied them into the LWB file after noticing it now I have all 5 inside the folder (iono if it's my comp or a bug) but now it's working thanks for a great addon!

Odd, I'm not sure what's up with that copy and paste bug. I tried on my windows comp, and it worked fine.

regarding the MACOSX stuff, ya, that was some hidden system files in the folder that somehow managed to be zipped into it. Hasn't happened before, so I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I've removed them from the download.
I love this addon! Here's a few phrases I use in addition to a bunch of these I sniped from this thread. :)

*edited for clarity* <3

Holy Grail-ish:

When danger reared its ugly head, %u bravely turned his tail and clicked the Lightwell.

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who clicked who.

Would it help to confuse it if you clicked the Lightwell more?

Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being clicked!

Did you see that? Did you see that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see %u clicking me? You saw him, Didn't you?

Oh, but you can't expect to click the Lightwell every time some watery tart throws a sword at you.

If I went 'round sayin' “click the Lightwell”, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

I love this addon! Here's a few phrases I use in addition to a bunch of these I sniped from this thread. :)

*edited for clarity* <3

Holy Grail-ish:

When danger reared its ugly head, %u bravely turned his tail and clicked the Lightwell.

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who clicked who.

Would it help to confuse it if you clicked the Lightwell more?

Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being clicked!

Did you see that? Did you see that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see %u clicking me? You saw him, Didn't you?

Oh, but you can't expect to click the Lightwell every time some watery tart throws a sword at you.

If I went 'round sayin' “click the Lightwell”, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

I'm sure someone who's more cultured that I is laughing his !@# off somewhere, but I'm not familiar enough to get those jokes >.< lol. But thanks for contributing!
07/25/2011 04:45 PMPosted by Honeyheal

The addon is now on curse, so that should make it much easier for people to install via curse client.

On that note though, wowinterface has its own version of curse client called minion... they just don't do a very good job advertising it for some reason...
Great thread, this made me re-roll shadow to holy (main is disc)
Damn now I can never respec from holy ever again. I love this mod.
WHAT? how do you not know monty python & the holy grail?!?! blasphemy!

I fail, I know, I'm sorry :-(

08/12/2011 01:40 AMPosted by Humblepower
Damn now I can never respec from holy ever again. I love this mod.

Sadly I just dropped my holy spec so I can tank crystals in shadow on baleroc. I miss it dearly...
I lol'd at the holy grail responses.

Makes me miss my holy spec sooo much.
Love this mod!
I have lightewell set to emote.
Here's a few of the ones i've seen that get the best response:

"What's that %u, Timmy fell in the lightwell?"
"Hey, %u! Touch my beam, not my bottom! What do you think i am? A cleansing totem?
Is there a file in the folder that saves your text? It would be 1000x easier to edit that then doing it in the actual interface menu.
Is there a file in the folder that saves your text? It would be 1000x easier to edit that then doing it in the actual interface menu.

Really? I wouldn't think it would be any easier or harder to type in the in-game text editor than a text editor out of game... Even if it is easier, you can always just type up the messages outside of the game in MS Word or notepad or whatever, then copy and paste them into the game when you're ready.

If you insist, though, there is a file where they are saved at. Addon's can't save directly to the addon folder they are located in... instead they save to a file in the saved variables. here's the directory:

World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/[your account name]/SavedVariables/"LightwellBuddy.lua

You can also go to wowinterface.com and download one of the previous versions of the addon stored there that stored all the messages inside the core.lua file. You probably wanna just copy and paste the messages into the game though, it's a lot easier than messing with the lua files.
08/12/2011 07:59 AMPosted by Golgotha
"What's that %u, Timmy fell in the lightwell?"

I love the lassie reference :-)

I think we need some South Park references in there too
Love this addon. And the sayings people came up with. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face while reading the priest forums.
Hmm... I was having some Copy / Paste issues, which is why I asked. I'll try it again, maybe running WoW in a Windows screen. I figured I needed to post what I had, so you can see it :)