Need ideas: lighwell click responses

Priest
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
Enhancements complete :-D

Got the "idle" event added so it will deliver messages after a given time of not being used.

Added some new placeholders: %t = the number of seconds the lightwell has been out. %l = the number of seconds remaining before the lightwell expires. %i = the number of seconds the lightwell has been idle.

As promised, you can now create new lists of messages that will be sent to specific players when they use the lightwell. There is not limit to the number of unique lists you can have, and there's no limit to how many players can be on one list. An individual player may only be on one list at time. Players that are not on any list will continue to receive messages from the previous "Use" phrases by default.

changed up the slash command functions a bit, so the "/lwb" command now delivers instruction on how to use the other commands. /lwb config now opens the configuration window.
eeeeeeh :D

You rock. No really, this addon is simply amazing.

My name is Malikto and this is my favorite addon on my client.

Seriously, Lightwell went from a personal heal to running out of charges early. Thanks, Lightwell Buddy!
My only regret is that I can only press the "Like" button once per account. You're awesome.
Gosh, I appreciate the positive feedback :-)

Let me know if you have any glitches or issues with the improvements... I'm still quite new at programming and making addons. Also let me know if you experience any performance issues with it... the timer to do the idle event could be a cpu hog (I don't think it will be but it might).
I've started the new thread on plusheal, hopefully it will have less issues than battle.net...

http://www.plusheal.com/forum/m/1833799/viewthread/1617759-lightwell-summonclickexpireidle-responses/page/1
Hershe,

Is there any way to put out two messages at once with this addon? For example, I'd like to have the cute little sayings put out in /e, but at the same time, I'd like a way to whisper my raid/healing lead the name of the person who used the charge of Lightwell, as well as the remaining charges.

This would allow the fun side of the messages whilst simultaneously allowing my raid/healing lead to be aware of how little/much my Lightwell is being utilized (so he can call out in vent to use it more/save it for X burst ability).

:D
It wouldn't be hard to do if you wanted to modify the lua code directly. That said, there are already addons that exist for this purpose, so the additional functionality is not really necessary. You can install one addon to send messages for business, and another for pleasure, so to speak... :-). Probably better not to add it for sake of keeping the addon as light as possible.

You might try an addon called RSA which can be programmed to send specific messages in response to various spells and events (as opposed to the random messages LWB is capable of). You or the RL could have this installed and use it to send the specific messages for the RL when someone clicks the lightwell, among other events that the RL wants to be made aware of. I haven't tried it out, but I'm pretty sure RSA can be set to whisper. If not, I know it can be sent to send messages to a custom channel that your RL can join.
Thanks so much for the response. I'll go ahead and get another addon as well. I don't normally run addons beyond DBM, so it didn't really occur to me to look for another one on top of LWB. >.<

Anyway, thanks again. I really love this addon, and I'd love to see more responses from people as to what they have their Lightwells say!

:D
Not a problem :-)

Let me know how it goes... if you find RSA (or some other similar addon) doesn't serve this purpose, let me know and I'll see if it doesn't make sense to add it to this one. Or if there are any other suggestions for added functionality that may make sense for it. The Idle and Personal Use messages, for example, were both added in response to a recent suggestion I got :-) I just don't like spending a lot of time on stuff that's already been done in another addon.
06/27/2011 01:34 AMPosted by Hershe
"Click me harder!"

Using this.
On summon:
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Now click the gorram lightwell!

You win, always and forever.

<pats her Firefly companion lovingly>

<ditches Disc and runs Holy so she can summon her Lightwell and have it quote Wash>

Glad I could be of service. That would be my pet of choice also, only the gorram noise it makes gets my pretty blue bonnet all in a twist.

Also, I LOVE this addon. LOVE it.

Also, some additional blurbs...
On summon:
Side effects may include, but are not limited to, keeping your !@#$ from dying when you click!

When empty:
If you've experienced any discomfort or swelling after use, please do not click Lightwell again (or until the next time!)
I LOVE this addon. I sat up almost all night on my priest coming up with sayings to put in each catagory. And when used in a dungeon It is loved by all. This is a great idea!
11/26/2011 01:47 AMPosted by Magalica
I LOVE this addon. I sat up almost all night on my priest coming up with sayings to put in each catagory. And when used in a dungeon It is loved by all. This is a great idea!

Glad it's working out for you :-) If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please feel free. Or if you have any other feedback, suggestions, or problems, please let me know.
Want some fun?
Load this add-on up, drop your lightwell on your AH doorstep, and watch as chaos ensues...
Thanks again for your ideas for the addon and many (most?) of the messages myself and others have put into it. The addon really wouldn't even be here except for you.. and you can point that priest to this post ;-P

Things going alright. Busy with finals, and trying to to balance that with the new tier of raids and valor grinds ;-P. Debating on taking up holy again, but gearing for disc is a lot simpler. Would be nice to actually get to USE the addon I've worked on though... I've got it all set up to curse at my guild leader, and complain about getting STD's from one particular girl whenever she clicks it.
Oh, by the way, at the suggestion of someone on another forum, here's a tip for those of you who want to be able to switch between two profiles quickly (for example, a profile used for fun during easy trash pulls/bosses, and another less obnoxious profile used during progression content).

First off, if you didn't know, you can create multiple profiles, each with their own unique lists of messages and configurations. Each profile is given a name. You can make a macro with the following command to switch between your profiles.

/run LWB.db:SetProfile("Kittens")

Switching out the word "Kittens" with the name of the profile you want to switch to.
12/02/2011 10:18 PMPosted by Nerfmagnet
You'll never believe this! I'm in a raid right now and someone is using lightwell buddy!! I was like "AMG I HALPED"

Lies. :p