Free account for WoW veterens

Customer Support
Prev 1 6 7 8 10 Next
Fun Fact even if you had done all those and have an account from the '04-06 (Vanilla time) doesn't mean you get one I guess. I guess the invite code is as random as the beta invites. Which if that is the case then what exactly is the point only rewarding a portion of "wow veterans" this if not everyone is in equal in that aspect.

I must admit, my first reaction was to go check my email & be disappointed that apparently wasn't a veteran, which I then immediately mentally rephrased as "valued customer", which I then immediately mentally reworked into "bliz doesn't love me/care for me/et cetera". It's a silly response - I don't know what I'd do with a free copy of vanilla anyway - but it's a pretty natural response and I don't doubt a lot of people're having it.

While I don't think that variety of daft angst is completely avoidable, possibly some emphasising of random-luck-of-the-draw elements in future giveaways like this would be nice.

Further increased acknowledgement from Bliz for folks who've been paying-and-playing for anywhere from 2 to 7 years would also be good. Most of us have had jobs/relationships that've been shorter than our interaction with Blizzard =)

I have over 365 days /played spread amongst various toons and personally I feel like Bliz regards my subscription identically to a 6 month old account and arguably less favourably than a 7 year old account that's only been played for the first two weeks of each xpac.

I can live with that to a large degree - anyone who expects some sort of emotional bonding from a multinational company with more than 11 million customers is seriously delusional - but it would be nice to see these sort of "reaching out to the long term supporters" schemes fleshed out to try and provide what personal touches a massively multinational organisation can provide =)
06/24/2011 11:02 AMPosted by Nethaera
The veteran award email and offer are legitimate and are being sent out to veterans who have previously opted in to receiving news and special offers from Blizzard Entertainment. We may run more of these types of promotions in the future, so if this is something you are interested in, we suggest opting in as soon as possible so you don’t miss out.

This being said, can you make a trial and upgrade it with the code received in the email? With 4.2 coming out, will these accounts be able to go to level 80? If not, will we have to purchase the BC and Wrath expansions? There are so many questions that information !#%%!s, like me, need answers to.
I am suprised that i still have yet to recieve any mail from blizzard, either updates or sweepstakes or anything. I have opted in and have been opted in for a long time. Is it possible that blizzard didnt update where they send my mail to when i switched email addresses, even though my old address is no longer valid?
Any chance i can get one of these by request?

Want to get my GF into warcraft...and the trial is a very lacklust way of doing it :(
I think it is possible that I deleted the email in question. I am not sure of it but I got an email recently that I thought was clearly from Blizzard but because of all the garbage/fake ones I get I deleted it in case. : (
Are these still sending out? I've heard from a few sites that players may receive this email "today or tomorrow". Meaning the 24th and the 25th. Is this true? Or are they done : /.
I think the deal was that if you were a veteran AND had already, in the past, opted to "receive news and special offers from Blizzard Entertainment" THEN you receive it, not JUST because you are a veteran.

Most of the people who did not receive the 30days but were veterans had NOT opted into the promotional emails, and since it was a promotional email did not receive it.

Now that something has been handed out via the promotion system, people have been QQing that were not opted in, and in all honesty that's probably the plan. To GET everyone opted in for some upcoming event.

Here is what the email looked like:

As a thank you for being a veteran World of Warcraft® subscriber, we're giving you a FREE copy of World of Warcraft to share with a friend.

Simply have your friend follow the steps below to receive their free copy of the game:
1. Create a Battle.net account at http://www.battle.net
2. After logging in, select "Account" from the top menu.
3. Click the "Add a Game" button on the account management page.
4. Enter the Game Key provided below.

>>>CODE<<<<

After following these steps, your friend will have 30 days of access to the full version of World of Warcraft with no trial restrictions.

Thanks again for being a part of the World of Warcraft community for so many years. We hope your friend enjoys the game!
- The World of Warcraft Team

And the intent was to get you to get your friends to start playing, so that they can expand their player base, but I confirmed through BlizzardCS via Twitter that you are able to use the code you go for yourself.

However, the code is 26 characters long and the system is looking for a code 20-25 characters long and rejecting it, forcing you to call Billing Support - Which is kind of a hassle. So many people are likely going to dismiss it as spam or not bother. They wont lose much money at all. But people who didn't receive it will all opt into promotions.
06/25/2011 07:46 AMPosted by Mommyfortuna
However, the code is 26 characters long and the system is looking for a code 20-25 characters long and rejecting it, forcing you to call Billing Support - Which is kind of a hassle. So many people are likely going to dismiss it as spam or not bother. They wont lose much money at all. But people who didn't receive it will all opt into promotions.

Mine's 25.
06/24/2011 11:02 AMPosted by Nethaera
The veteran award email and offer are legitimate and are being sent out to veterans who have previously opted in to receiving news and special offers from Blizzard Entertainment. We may run more of these types of promotions in the future, so if this is something you are interested in, we suggest opting in as soon as possible so you don’t miss out.

I'll just leave this here.
To be honest they should be giving us WoW veterans a free character transfer or faction change for years of loyalty... Rather than another account for them to try and make money off of, oh wait this is Blizzard. Their passion for making money off of character transfers because the servers are unbalanced is ridiculous. I love how that "other game" is now offering free character transfers with more than reasonable limitations, yet here I can't make any gold anymore on Ursin because Alliance is dead and at the moment I can't afford to either move off the server or switch a toon to horde...
06/25/2011 08:00 AMPosted by Shotintheeye
To be honest they should be giving us WoW veterans a free character transfer or faction change for years of loyalty... Rather than another account for them to try and make money off of, oh wait this is Blizzard. Their passion for making money off of character transfers because the servers are unbalanced is ridiculous. I love how that "other game" is now offering free character transfers with more than reasonable limitations, yet here I can't make any gold anymore on Ursin because Alliance is dead and at the moment I can't afford to either move off the server or switch a toon to horde...

This is not the place for such suggestions.

You would be better to post such in General.

Blues here are not liaisons to the policy makers
Blues here are *not* liaisons to the policy makers

Forgot a word, bro.

This thread and this forum is not the place for this suggestion. Not if you want anyone who actually has the ability to change anything to read it. You should post constructive feedback about this in the General Forums. Community managers and developers do not read the CS forums. The SFA's do not pass along suggestions posted here.
06/25/2011 08:03 AMPosted by Descrat
Blues here are *not* liaisons to the policy makers

Forgot a word, bro.

/Jedi mind trick

You saw nothing..........

These are not the 'droids you're looking for..
06/25/2011 08:04 AMPosted by Tinkrbella

This thread and this forum is not the place for this suggestion. Not if you want anyone who actually has the ability to change anything to read it. You should post constructive feedback about this in the General Forums. Community managers and developers do not read the CS forums. The SFA's do not pass along suggestions posted here.

There is no place for this type of suggestion to be honest. General it will get flamed and trolled and here of course we have the Police coming out to tell me to post elsewhere. I'm somewhat insulted by Blizzard that my account has been active since 05 yet I received no such offer. Maybe its time to look elsewhere to take my money...
/Jedi mind trick

You saw nothing..........

These are not the 'droids you're looking for..

Now that you mention it, I haven't the foggiest recollection of any previous interactions. Do I know you?
I'm somewhat insulted by Blizzard that my account has been active since 05 yet I received no such offer. Maybe its time to look elsewhere to take my money...

If its that important to you, then maybe it is.

Good luck
There is no place for this type of suggestion to be honest. General it will get flamed and trolled and here of course we have the Police coming out to tell me to post elsewhere. I'm somewhat insulted by Blizzard that my account has been active since 05 yet I received no such offer. Maybe its time to look elsewhere to take my money...

Do you get the blizzard newsletter? that is where this offer came from. At least the email that I got. I get the newsletter regularly. You have to opt in to receive emails and offers from blizzard to get this. I believe that this is the reason that several missed out on this offer. The "blue" did post in this thread that they will be doing more offers like this in the near future and this one will not last long. So make sure you go into your account and opt in for beta, update your computer specs, and also opt in for special offers from blizzard wow and others games. This will probably prevent this from happening. See if you tell blizzard not to send you any emails then they won't. I do believe this is what probably happened with a lot of people.