Free account for WoW veterens

Customer Support
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
I hjave the same email and I was wandering if we can do refer a friend with it and get the Rocket 2 passenger vehicle with it?
Are they still giving free wows out?
There is no place for this type of suggestion to be honest. General it will get flamed and trolled and here of course we have the Police coming out to tell me to post elsewhere. I'm somewhat insulted by Blizzard that my account has been active since 05 yet I received no such offer. Maybe its time to look elsewhere to take my money...

Yeah good luck with that, I heard that this new game coming out is a "WoW Killer", I've heard it dozens of times in the past too but this time is different!

Seriously though, you paid $15 a month for five-six-seven years to play a subscription based game that you got enjoyment from. Blizzard "owes" you nothing, get over yourself.

This is just what we need, a new way for people to troll using the "I'm a paying customer!" excuse.
Just out of curiosity, I checked my settings. I started my account at the beginning of February 2006, and I was NOT opted in until about a minute ago. And yet, yesterday I received the (legitimate) email with a key in it. Interesting...

And for the people complaining about not having got one, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard is using some sort of RNG system to determine who gets a key. It would be awfully ridiculous to give a free game to each and every account that has been active for more than X number of years. Can you imagine how many that would be?

EDIT: Strangely, after checking my past Blizzard emails, (which I didn't realize you had to opt in to receive until now) it seems I have been getting all the newsletters and whatnot that come with being opted in for promotions. I honestly have no clue whether I chose to opt in or not at some point, but it seems I was anyway, despite the box being turned off. Now it's turned on for sure! I hope they do more promotions like this. :D
When I saw the blue in the blizztracker I just had to check my email only to find out that I didn't get a key. Now I am sad. :(
06/24/2011 11:02 AMPosted by Nethaera
The veteran award email and offer are legitimate and are being sent out to veterans who have previously opted in to receiving news and special offers from Blizzard Entertainment. We may run more of these types of promotions in the future, so if this is something you are interested in, we suggest opting in as soon as possible so you don’t miss out.

I have a question...I have previously received newsletters and offers from Blizz but did not receive this email offer so I went and checked my account and found that for some reason that option was no longer checked. So I opted in again and now would like to know if I will be receiving this offer? My daughter has been wanting to play but I cant afford to purchase another full copy. This would be totally awesome. Thanks for any responses :)

What qualifies as veteran I've been playing since 08 and i didn't get an email
06/25/2011 01:12 PMPosted by Loedian
What qualifies as veteran I've been playing since 08 and i didn't get an email

5 years or more
Well, guess my main account is out then... I've only been playing since about six months to a year prior to the release of WotLK.

Would like to see some sort of special promotions for the various loyalty stages...

1 year = 15 days free
2 year = 1 yr reward + in-game vanity pet
3 year = 2 yr reward + title
4 year = 3 yr reward + ?
5 year = free classic game
6 year = ?
7 year = ?
8 year = ?
9 year = ?
10 year = free Burning Crusade expansion
11 year - 14 year = ?
15 year = free WotLK expansion
16 year - 19 year = ?
20 year = free Cataclysm expansion
and so on...
Wow has only been around since November of 2004.

Lets not get out of hand
Wow has only been around since November of 2004.

Lets not get out of hand
I like to think I am simply being optimistic :-)
I gotta say, the biggest laughs were the guys on the front page screaming "okay moron, go ahead and do it and see what happens, I'm sure it'll work out." despite the OP proving it was legit.

This community...

What validates as a 'veteran' account? This account I am currently using is almost 4 years old and I believe I am subscribed as I get newsletters to my email address(es).

I haven't got an email like this, so I was wondering if there was a post to say what the requirements are for the free game code?

EDIT: read a post above mine that said it had to be 5 years old =/ damn.
I think some of the people here need to relax just a bit.. Its a reward for veterans, their longest-subscribing members, tons of other companies do this. They mentioned it as the first of possibly many upcoming promotions, so im sure its more like a test run, and who better to start with really, if you think about it.

Yeah it sucks for people that didnt get it, but really Blizz is not entitled to hand out anything at all. If you got one, grats. If not, no big deal, its just a vanilla WoW account.

[edit] By no means is everyone acting this way, just a few posts i skimmed over seemed to be taking it very personally. <3
The veteran award email and offer are legitimate and are being sent out to veterans who have previously opted in to receiving news and special offers from Blizzard Entertainment. We may run more of these types of promotions in the future, so if this is something you are interested in, we suggest opting in as soon as possible so you don’t miss out.

Hi Miss Candle Lady
How would a person go about checking to see if they're opted for news letters and emails, and or opt for them if not.
Is it for all veterans, or some?

Because I've been playing since 2006, and been subscribed to updates for probably that long, and no key.
06/24/2011 11:02 AMPosted by Nethaera

if i dont us it right away does it run out?
06/25/2011 07:39 PMPosted by Amoom

if i dont us it right away does it run out?

No

What validates as a 'veteran' account? This account I am currently using is almost 4 years old and I believe I am subscribed as I get newsletters to my email address(es).

I haven't got an email like this, so I was wondering if there was a post to say what the requirements are for the free game code?

EDIT: read a post above mine that said it had to be 5 years old =/ damn.

Considering Blizzard hasn't confirmed what classifies an account as a "veteran", any age given here is nothing more than a guess.