Resto PvE healing guide 6.2

Druid
Prev 1 2 3 22 Next
Lightweave comes out at around 80ish Int over a standard enchant.

Reforging is fairly straightforward; you prioritise haste for your breakpoints, then mastery, while keeping your Spirit at a level that makes fights comfortable for you. But it can still seem a bit confusing. Try this: http://restodruid.info/gear/reforging/

(#)

Edit: wrong embroidery

Could you add Soothe to part 2a (Other resto abilities)? While it's not strictly resto (I think it's Balance, not sure), all resto druids should know about it. Dispelling enrage buffs is effectively more healing than doing anything else during the GCD (I'm sorry DPS, but you can't be trusted to remove it), and many druids don't know about the move or it's usefulness, which I don't blame them for, since it's mentioned and used so little pre 85.

I use a macro:
/assist
/cast Soothe
/targetlasttarget

Helps me out :).

Also, the same arguments could be used for hibernate, entangling roots and natures grasp. Sure, they aren't healing abilities per say, but they'll make your job easier. But I just think Soothe needs more attention.
Thanks for the guide. Will be useful for a new resto druid like me. well just wondering, when can we have the perma tree form back. i really don't like to see my tauren druid in human shape.....
06/29/2011 05:14 PMPosted by Retwill
Thanks for the guide. Will be useful for a new resto druid like me. well just wondering, when can we have the perma tree form back. i really don't like to see my tauren druid in human shape.....

A Tauren in Human shape does sounds awkward.

But yeah, the other specs do everything in their shift, why don't Resto Druids do everything as a tree? D:<
But yeah, the other specs do everything in their shift, why don't Resto Druids do everything as a tree? D:<

I think they changed it because resto druids were pretty much tied to healing spells only in their tree form. If they wanted to do other things, they had to shift out of tree to do it. (Other, more experienced druids can correct me if i'm wrong)
Great guide as always!

One quick question: Did 4.2 and the change to healing crit change our meta choice from the int/2% mana to int/heal crit?
Mori-
I haven't really included profession things in the enchanting section. I guess I should find someone else's profession post and link it for people or something. Whatever bonus things your professions give you are better than the "stock" enchants/gems/enhancements listed in my post.

Great guide as always!

One quick question: Did 4.2 and the change to healing crit change our meta choice from the int/2% mana to int/heal crit?

Hamlet from EJ still has the int/2% mana meta in his gear list, so for now, that's what I'd stick with.
Thanks for the guide Lissanna. It pretty much tallies with my suspicions on the changes in healing style with 4.2 while giving me extra tidbits here and there. I do notice healing touch (in spite of the scary long cast) being more worthwhile to cast now.

I have a few questions regarding potions and enchants though and I don't know how to do the math. Do you think that if the specific fight in question isn't known as a super long fight, it would be more bang for buck to reserve potion usage for volcanic potion as an extra "oh *@%%" cooldown?

And what about mighty intellect for bracer enchant? Doesn't intellect > spirit apply here?

Thanks for your time! Would love to hear opinions from other experienced players too! :)
Excellent guide as always! Thank you for the 4.2 update.

I think they changed it because resto druids were pretty much tied to healing spells only in their tree form. If they wanted to do other things, they had to shift out of tree to do it. (Other, more experienced druids can correct me if i'm wrong)

That was part of it... but restos needed a healing CD. Blizz decided that the perma-boost to healing and armor was boring and too easy... so in their quest to make healing more "fun" they made tree form its own CD and copied the Metamorphosis pattern. I hated it at first, but now I appreciate having this CD. I still glyph for the original treeform because I don't like looking like hyper-color broccoli.
Thank you for the guide.

Hamlet from EJ still has the int/2% mana meta in his gear list, so for now, that's what I'd stick with.

Has anyone tried to dump mastery for crit, including the meta? With all our hots ticking, I would've thought druids would gain the most from the crits changes.
Thank you for the guide.

Has anyone tried to dump mastery for crit, including the meta? With all our hots ticking, I would've thought druids would gain the most from the crits changes.

The new mastery actually makes mastery better as a stat, though, too. And, since mastery buffs all our spells consistently, it's still a good stat for us.
The glyph info was really helpful, mostly tho the explanation of harmony was i big help, i just did BH today and my healing was at like 7.7k, which isnt acceptable, but ty for the guide, it should get me back hopefully :)
07/02/2011 06:00 PMPosted by Drizek
The glyph info was really helpful, mostly tho the explanation of harmony was i big help, i just did BH today and my healing was at like 7.7k, which isnt acceptable, but ty for the guide, it should get me back hopefully :)

I don't read HPS like that. It's not a meaningful number on it's own (especially in fights where it is likely that people just didn't take much damage and you should have spent a lot of time cleansing). For more info about how to analyze healers:

http://www.restokin.com/2011/06/evaluating-a-healing-team/

http://officerchat.org/2011/06/16/using-world-of-logs-to-analyze-druid-healing/
06/27/2011 11:39 AMPosted by Lissanna
http://ptr.wowhead.com/talent#0hfbZZrfzhdzruouo:VcoVmbz
Give us Perm tree form back u blizzard nubcakes
Okay, so EJ has spirit listed as our least important stat. After thinking about it for a while, I came up with a couple of reasons why this might be and I would like to know if my thinking is correct.

1. If you consistently have a high percentage of mana, you could reforge some spirit into a more useful stat, because it's just wasted otherwise.

2. With our new mastery; theoretically, we will be healing for more and because of this, going through a little less mana, and therefore needing less overall regeneration.

My next question would be: how much spirit is a good amount of spirit, but I also believe that the answer would be it depends on your specific talent tree and style of healing.

Am I right? or am I thinking abou this too much? Thanks!
Just a note on enchants, there is a +50 Int bracer enchant that is better than +50 spirit for resto druids (once you are geared). I believe the formula is a random world drop, so not all enchanters have it.
Just a note on enchants, there is a +50 Int bracer enchant that is better than +50 spirit for resto druids (once you are geared). I believe the formula is a random world drop, so not all enchanters have it.

I was just going to mention this :), In addition, once you reach a haste break point I would imagine it'd be better to shift any excess haste into mastery, one of the ways in which to do this is the +65 mastery enchant to gloves vs the +50 haste and I noticed you did not have it mentioned Lissanna. I was arranging my gear list for Firelands and noticed we end up with a fair bit of excess haste but not enough to reach a new break-point, be nice to dump haste into mastery via gems (as you mentioned) and enchants.

Overall Nice guide as always, Great to have this resource so neatly laid out for new players as well as old players striving to improve themselves :).

EDIT: I should totally creep around this forum more often >.> lol