New firelands quests.

General Discussion
Really? Why would you make 2 leveling appropriate questing zones (Vash'jr and Hyjal for when you first get Cata) and then come out with Firelands where people who leveled in Vash'jr are SOL and have to do the WHOLE Hyjal questing zone just to get the starting Firelands quest out. Bravo Blizzard, bravo.
haha, sucks to be you :D
First at all,,,no you don't need to do the 'whole' thing.

Second, It is just part of the quest line to unlock the phase area, the fact that some people decided to go ahead and do those quest since there were available and you didn't it is not Blizz or anyone else fault
They could have just added an additional 20-30 quests to the game in order to unlock the chain needed for the dailies.

Or would you have complained about that too?
your bad how do u not do all your quest zones...
I do hyjal on every toon, reminds me of the oblivion quest line were you have to gather allies to assault the great oblivion gate.
They could of not made prerequisite quests for the Firelands quests and maybe made it a reputation requirement.
06/28/2011 12:27 PMPosted by Takahiro
your bad how do u not do all your quest zones...

Amazingly, some people don't need to complete every zone in the game to get to level 85, particularly if they have experience bonuses. That said, it's not that unusual for certain quests to be used to unlock endgame content (see Therazane, or Sons of Hodir in Wrath) and it's not that much of a commitment to do part of the Hyjal quests to get to the Firelands dailies.
06/28/2011 12:17 PMPosted by Icyuenvmè
Really? Why would you make 2 leveling appropriate questing zones (Vash'jr and Hyjal for when you first get Cata) and then come out with Firelands where people who leveled in Vash'jr are SOL and have to do the WHOLE Hyjal questing zone just to get the starting Firelands quest out. Bravo Blizzard, bravo.

Sounds like you got extra content and more cohesion in your lore (if you're into that kind of thing)
06/28/2011 12:29 PMPosted by Icyuenvmè
They could of not made prerequisite quests for the Firelands quests and maybe made it a reputation requirement.

Or you could not be lazy and just do the Hyjal quests.
Just wanted to add that we were given more than enough notice that this would be the case.
Blizz could have not said anything about the new area at all.

But I remember reading weeks maybe months ago that the new content would be associated with Hyjal. That gave you lots of time to at least check the area out.

At least now you'll have some real incentive to go there.
I'm pretty sure they had a post about a month ago warning players that you had to complete part of the Hyjal quests to access the Firelands when the patch was released. Just because you ignore the site all the way until the patch is released is not everyone else's fault.
They made 2 zones (like in northrend) to start with so the entire server isn't in one zone (like outland). That amount of competition can really hurt individual gameplay. Spreading it out was a good thing.

As for going through the zone. Why haven't you yet? It's such an easy to reputation to get to exaulted if you did the entire thing. As far as I can tell you just need to set all 3 spirits free (Wolf, Harpy, Turtle) and then I believe it's open (think OMFGCata said this was correct). Shouldn't take you too long, especially at 85. I'm even flying through it on my 80 alt.
06/28/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Tri

Or you could not be lazy and just do the Hyjal quests.

But on a geared 85, that would take, like, 20 minutes! That's a crucial 20 minutes! Probably his favorite 20 minutes of the day!

In the time it took the OP to come here to complain about this, he'd have completed half the required quests. GJ OP, GJ indeed.
Hyjal was awesome...just do it.
I grinded rep gear there :)
If only someone would have mentioned this 2 months ago when the patch went on the PTR! This is an OUTRAGE!
Well, i guess there's no way getting out of this. So how far into Hyjal questing must I go?