Honor Points Capped at 4000

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 11 Next

We’re still researching what steps led to the error, but unfortunately due to the nature of the currency conversion that took place, we’ll be unable to reverse the change, remove the delivered gold, or reinstate the surplus Honor Points.

Doesn't strike me as the greatest customer service here. It went through the mail system which you guys most certainly have logs for so how about staying true to your original word here and taking back the gold and giving us our honor points? A lot of people banked on the fact that they had a week to hold honor above the 4k cap so why are we to pay for your mistakes exactly?
Because per Blizzard's post regarding CP conversion, I had a week to do so. And with their annoucement that items bought right before the patch would not be refundable post-patch, I didn't want to buy something at the last minute.

Edit: And to quote an old adage. "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed."

Fair enough.
I was under the impression it was today anyway so I had all of my stuff already set.

Why didn't you buy it before last night with conquest points?

Because the points would be available today... tard.

/whoosh
This is pretty unacceptable. You have to do some sort of compensating. And no a few pieces of gold do not cover it.
ITT: Tears.

It's OK Blizz, mistakes happen.
I fail to see how this really affects you that much, unless you were Honor capped. If you weren't, you're still able to buy that gear now that you would've bought with Conquest, except with honor. Unless I'm missing something, this doesn't seem to be that huge a loss, for most people at least.

Inb4flame.
well, then the gear i was gonna but with conquest this week ive been saving for better be available with honor asap
*Reads Bashiok's Post...*
*Reads rest of thread*
*Scratches head at how angry people are over this*
So....I must be missing something here. I don't seem to see why people are threatening to cancel subs over this...
Man...this was hardly the news I expected to find out upon getting home from work and looking forward to spending the points I banked to finish out my pvp set.

Heartbroken.

I'm glad there was an immediate blue post about this. Normally it'd be awhile before we'd hear anything, so thank you for the prompt feedback.

I just feel robbed though. I can't help it. And a mail full of gold that I really don't need nor will it help me purchase that which I was working hard towards buying doesn't feel like appropriate compensation.
Blizzard... please learn...

"An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." Orlando A. Battista
I fail to see how this really affects you that much, unless you were Honor capped. If you weren't, you're still able to buy that gear now that you would've bought with Conquest, except with honor. Unless I'm missing something, this doesn't seem to be that huge a loss, for most people at least.

Inb4flame.

Everyone complaining is honor capped or it doesn't affect them. That's where the issue is. I planned on buying my gear today, but now just had all my CP erased.
I wish I had been capping Conq every week. I have had my full set for like 2-3 months now with a 2500 cap so I would have had around 30000 which would have been a nice chunk of gold :(
"An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." Orlando A. Battista

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
06/28/2011 03:28 PMPosted by Chacko

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I'm sorry simple quotes escape your understanding.

It simply says that it isn't a "mistake" if you make it right by your customer. You can mess up, but it becomes a mistake when you don't correct it... Thought that was pretty easy to see.

It's generally only an issue for players that were saving conquest points to use with this weeks gains.

Take me for example: I only made 1K conquest or so last week and didn't spend it, but I'm capped out on honor (I like random BGs so I have a full set of BG gear)... effectively I spent a few hours doing arena to make a pathetic amount of gold.

But the Maximum someone would be screwed out of that wanted to buy vicious gear is 1249 to 2119 honor. Doesn't seem like something to get that upset about.

Some of my characters had 7k conquest points.
*Reads Bashiok's Post...*
*Reads rest of thread*
*Scratches head at how angry people are over this*
So....I must be missing something here. I don't seem to see why people are threatening to cancel subs over this...

While it is true that people are overreacting a bunch and the "I am going to cancel my account" posts are a tad over dramatic, it's not the mistake that is the problem. It' s Blizzard's handling of the situation. Let me give you a situaution that I am sure at least a good percentage of the people that are mad have. I have 1000 conquest points. I am honor capped. When the patch comes out I can buy 4 items that cost 1250 a piece for or a 2200, and two 1250s, etc. I also have a helmet for pvp, but its unenchanted. I would rather have the 3 peices of vicious then go for the head enchant and since I am told I will be able to do this. I hold off on my points. Now patch day comes and I can't get everything because the messed up. If I wasnt gonna be allowed to keep my poins I could have bought the shoulder enchant so the points would be converted to honor. But I lose out because they screwed up.

That wall of text was just to illustrate why there is a problem. I had a similar situation happen on one of my alts. Now. What does blizzard do? "We screwed up. We "can't"(arguable) fix it. Sorry." Fact is, this is not acceptable. Any other consumer business that screws up thier service would be expected to make up for it. Blizzard doesn't indicate at all that they are going to give the people who were messed up anything for their trouble.

Is it really THAT big a deal? Nah. Are people overreacting? Sure. Is Blizzard's response thus far good enough? No. I will appluad them for at least realising their problem and posting about it quickly. But there are a lot of people that are dissapointed/upset at this. It's their job as a customer service business (Cause yes running an mmo is customer service) to try and make them feel better about it. If they don't are they really going to lose a ton of people? No. A few maybe. Are people going to be more inclined to trust them at their word in future patches? No. When WoW does finally go away and blizzard has another mmo will people remember how blizzard treated them? Yes.

I don't really care about the points. Sure, I would like to have had the points. What I don't like is how blizzard is handling it so far. But hey it's just day one. Maybe they will make it up to the player base. Here's hoping for the future.

Rock on and be cool.
I've read what people have said so far, I have thought how this has affected my life, I came to the conclusion...

It's a game, sure I put alot of time into it, but that's why we play: TO PLAY.

I wasn't capped in honour, never was, nor in conquest, I pvp, but not that much. To QQ about something you spent time on is understandable, and I hate how Blizz screwed up again, but I say this:

What are you going to do?

sit on the forums and QQ? Or how about go do what you enjoy and regain that conquest before anyone else?

If you reply saying it's compitition that drives you more than enjoyment, I understand that.

I know I am going to get venomous replies to this post because I am not a hardcore pvper or arena master, nor am I an expert at any class or have more than one account.

But I am a player among millions. I won't make much difference, I know, just putting my two cents in about something I enjoy to do.