Pet dying constantly in Firelands

Hunter
last night my guild and I were killing thrash in firelands, and my pet was constantly dying any aoe would kill him, and when we got to Lord Rhyolith, I jump onto the platform like everyone else and my pet died in a couple of seconds..

Is this a bug or intended?
The little stone bridge between the mainland and Rhyolith's island doesn't hold pets out of the lava, so you need to be careful when crossing it. Either dismiss and resummon, or use pet move to get it across the lava quickly.

As for aoe, there are plenty of trash that stack things like vulnerabilities on nearby things, and do aoe. On such packs, pets take lots of damage. There's still time to pull them out when they start taking a lot though. I'm not sure if their aoe damage reduction is failing, or the mechanic gets around it somehow though.
Ya, i was constantly rezzing and dismissing the pet before our attempts on Lord Rhyolith.

After a while i just didnt rez my pet because i didnt want to mircomanage it while learning and experience all the new content. It really sucks to have my pet on passive the whole time or dimiss because of the fear its going to die.
They broken the pet class:) yeah 3 cheers for blizzard
Pet on passive for trash. Also dismiss until you are on the platform with Rhyolith as they take damage on the small island.
I wish they remove all pets if pets are so hard to fix... it is getting on my nerves everytime they break the pet class
07/07/2011 06:50 AMPosted by Hölycöw
I wish they remove all pets if pets are so hard to fix... it is getting on my nerves everytime they break the pet class

Eh, no. They need to spend some time to fix the class, not remove pets. What a dumb suggestion.
The packs of unbound pyrelords and unbound blazing elementals or whatever. Assuming you are just AoEing them down in one big group as we are doing, sending your pet in will almost guarantee its death.
07/07/2011 06:54 AMPosted by Mathews

Eh, no. They need to spend some time to fix the class, not remove pets. What a dumb suggestion.

Pets are usually the last to get fix... and all other classes (without pet) doesn't have this problem... not to mention, pets pathing is also an issue... Ponder on this, when you try to attack a target across the lava pool, your pet will just run thru the lava pool and die before it reach the target. Don't your pet feel the pain when it touch the lava? I got this feeling that blizzard will never fix this (too much work involved).
07/07/2011 07:25 AMPosted by Spirál
The packs of unbound pyrelords and unbound blazing elementals or whatever. Assuming you are just AoEing them down in one big group as we are doing, sending your pet in will almost guarantee its death.

Best part about these packs...the river of melee TEARS QQQQQQQQ