So long and thanks for all the Fish

Dalaran
Well it's been a long road I've travelled in WoW, but it's time to say goodbye.

I remember starting with a young night elf hunter named Vanthu and druid named Alluvion. I remember a rogue by the name of Soulburn meeting me and giving me a hand with a few quests, then asking me to join a little guild of his. That guild was Spartans, under a fellow named Krastain. Over time I got to know many people, including a Dalaran legend by the name of Marthazon (anyone who doesn't know Martha, well need to meet her. Got a heart of gold and a soul of pure kindness. Will miss ya sis :( ).

Over time I"ve fought just about every boss in game, a few in different incarnations, and all along the way I've had a good time and got to know quite a few good people, a list of which I can't even begin to mention other than above as it'd take me years to write it.

Is there a reason I'm leaving the game? Has the game turned sour, gone bad? No. I"ve just found a different game that right now is more important to me than WoW....

It's called life. I"ve got a big family and alot of responsibilities now that I need to attend to, and WoW has just become something I have no time for.

So for all of you whom I've met it's been a pleasure and I"ve had a great time with you.

For those that feel the same, been an honor.

For those that don't, well try not to party too hard ;)

Peace out ya'll!
farewell good sir
What a beautiful farewell! I can only hope to be so moving when I finally check out!
Life>Wow. That's what it boils down to.

You can live that and still play the game.
Good luck man. Life > wow and don't let the Chintertards on this forum tell you any different. This post has the Syxx seal of approval.
These are the kind of heartfelt goodbyes I love hearing. Best wishes to you and yours on your furture endeavors and don't make life any less adventurous than WoW!
Good luck! I still play but at my own leisure with no expectations from me for guild participation since I'm a "Retired Raider". Life is short enjoy your family.
Fish? Where? Oh yes, the far less important matter, good luck with life! Eat plenty of fishy things, good for your health and all that jive.
07/01/2011 01:09 AMPosted by Chintercept
wow> life. thats how i roll.

That's sad. Not that "wow>life" for you, but that WoW is more important than life to you AND you clearly aren't very good at WoW. You're not very good at trolling either and it's kind of sad that you have to troll -every- thread, including ones like this that are simply sincere goodbyes.

(Edit: I know you're just trolling. Read more than the first two sentences Chinter)
07/05/2011 03:46 AMPosted by Kajinodoka
wow> life. thats how i roll.

That's sad. Not that "wow>life" for you, but that WoW is more important than life to you AND you clearly aren't very good at WoW. You're not very good at trolling either and it's kind of sad that you have to troll -every- thread, including ones like this that are simply sincere goodbyes.

(Edit: I know you're just trolling. Read more than the first two sentences Chinter)

That's sad. Not that you're trolling Chintercept on a level 1,...ok, I lied, it's because you're trolling Chintercept on a level 1. Your virtual reputation on WoW must be so important to you that you can't post on your main because it'll degrade your ego. You're not very good at trolling either and it's kind of sad that I have to troll you for trolling my troll buddy for trolling threads, including ones like these that are simply sincere goodbyes.

(Edit: I know that we're all just trolling...but...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dalaran/Valimor/simple

This is your main, correct?)
Well I came back to see if Marthazon had seen this post, and I see people attacking Chinter for his opinion.

Know what guys, I don't care if he wants to have wow greater than life, it's his right.

I personally love my family more than WoW, and I'm enjoying that.

So Chinter more power to you on enjoying WoW more than life. As long as you're having fun that's your right.

IF though you're making it out that I"m wrong about choosing my family over WoW, well on that you're wrong. My family is everything to me, more important than any little bit of entertainment I get from a video game.

So again, let it go. We each have our paths to make in our lives, and Chinter's chosen WoW over life. I chose life over WoW.

If we're happy, that's a good thing, and all that matters.

Now back to my point at hand. Martha, of all the people I've met in game you're the best. I wish I'd have time to log in (well, I deleted the game when I quit, then thought 'crap, I shoulda logged in and sent Martha a letter saying goodbye'....not much brains used there) and say goodbye but I don't.

So in that I gotta say goodbye here. It's been an honor, a privilege, and a pleasure knowing you in game. One day I hope that we cross paths so both our families could meet and maybe do something fun together. If not, well I know one way or another we'll meet again. Just the nature of the world, to bump into good people you've known.

Again, Peace out ya'll....and don't fight with each other. It's a video game. Meant to have fun and enjoy, not mock and fight each other.

Make the game fun like I've enjoyed it and always will remember it.

Oh, and BTW for those that aren't aware of the title of this post, it's from Douglas Adams and the 'Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy' series. One of my favorite authors, and for those that know me, well you'll know the meaning of it.

Again, PEACE OUT YA'LL!
Despite me prefacing that I do not intend to "troll" or "demean" the OP, I am sure some of you will call it just that.

The problem with this post and other "goodbye" posts is that, while farily well written and on the surface sincere...it's nothing new. This is not your first time at this particular rodeo. This isn't even your second or third time. You've quit before. You've deleted the game before. You've deleted your toons before. You've done it on the alliance side. You've done it on the horde side. You've done it on this server. You've done it on other servers. How many times did you level a hunter to 'max level' at each step along the way? 2? 3? 4? How many times have you made this post in the name of "family" or "life"?

My two copper? You'll be gone for a while (month, 6 months, year...whatever). You will be back, just like you came back the last time and the time before that and the time before that. You can claim "I destoryed my disks", but there's still digital download. If you did in fact delete your characters, you'll make another one. In fact that will even aid in your explanation of why you're back: "I'm just back for casual play" =and= "I missed the people and just want to be able to say hi now and then". But you'll level that hunter to max level...again. You'll claim you're just doing it "casual" for "social" reasons but you'll still be doing it...again. And there's no doubt you'll go overboard with your play...again. Causing tension in your "life"...again. And you'll quit and make a farewell post...again.

Enjoy the summer and we'll see you...again.
Oh, and BTW for those that aren't aware of the title of this post, it's from Douglas Adams and the 'Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy' series. One of my favorite authors, and for those that know me, well you'll know the meaning of it.

So THAT'S what it means...I always thought it was a reference to the fish feasts people ate when raiding...

/facepaw
Despite me prefacing that I do not intend to "troll" or "demean" the OP, I am sure some of you will call it just that.

*Demeaning Paragraph*

*Trolling Paragraph*

*Sarcastic Sentence*

I'm more of a fan of extremely subliminal satire. That's usually what all the good trolls use when they flame people. You're just way too obvious, sorry.

1/10

07/07/2011 09:04 AMPosted by Vanthu

so what you're trying to say is that you're a dolphin.
Aw ... going to miss you a lot. Everytime I look at the ocean I think about you. <waves wand> May all the good and all the fun in life brighten life for you and your family forever!

You can always find me through Spartans.guildportal.com.