Call to Arms: Alterac Valley Classic

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
+1 and a well needed and deserved bump for justice.

AV Classic was incredibly fun. Remove it from the Random queue, and only those who wanted to play it would be there. Hell, even remove honor gains. Make it the "fun" place to PVP for those of us (and there are a lot of us) who would do that with toothpicks propping our eyes open in order to try and stay awake to play!
IMHO the only good thing about AV is the fact that it can be finished quickly now. To me this sounds like a way of forcing the currently avoidable turtle situation on everyone in the battleground. I don't enjoy that idea.

As it is I prefer the current state of AV to any of it's past incarnations.

If we're really looking for a fix, my vote goes for removing IoC and AV altogether. :)
bump
Yes please. I loved old AV clashes and doing the quests. especially lok >:3
Bumpp
/sign
another bump for this great idea
/signed 100000 times over.

IMHO the only good thing about AV is the fact that it can be finished quickly now. To me this sounds like a way of forcing the currently avoidable turtle situation on everyone in the battleground. I don't enjoy that idea.

As it is I prefer the current state of AV to any of it's past incarnations. :)

It has been suggested that it be taken out of the random battleground queue and moved to a separate one so as not to impose on the player base that's just in it for the honor.

07/06/2011 10:24 AMPosted by Proffit
If we're really looking for a fix, my vote goes for removing IoC and AV altogether. :)

You'd actuality be getting your wish.
zom.......whosa............BLIZZARD HIYER THIS MAN IMMEDIATELY

and here's an idea perhaps make the good beautifully.......sorry.....let me take a minute to regain my composure........perhaps make the version of pvp that is 120,000000000000 times better than current pvp that people would actually want to play for fun not just for.........again i apologise.......but incorperate conquest points so that you honor noobs would be persuaded to do some real good pvp and learn to play and then when they go back to your el regular pvp that's SH#$.......deep breaths...........you can actually improve it for everyone with your new found skillz...

foury needs a nobel peace prize
I remember the wolves. Kind of felt what I imagine the Middle Age knights felt when they were about to get swamped.

"Dammit, dammit, dammit - "

/war horns

/slap stupid gnome

"BLOOD AND THUNDER!"

(Giant orcs with axes bigger than trees ROFLstomp gnome into ground)

Off topic: My favorite unit in Warcraft 3 were the Orc Raiders. I spit on your Frost Wyrms.

"What's that smell...oh, BAD DOG!"
This is the 1 PvP environment that should celebrate the War in Warcraft..

Amen to that!

PvP doesnt have to be about HpH. Sometimes, players just want to mix it up and win.

But why can't we have both? A fun AV that is Epic and grants comparable honor per time played would be awesome. You would still get less because of not gettting the random bonus.

I would prefer battles that could last maybe 2-3 of hours to ones that drag out longer though.

Remove it from the random queue so the HpH crowd, AFKers, and Bots stay away.

Up from 40 players to 80 per Faction (maybe make it 2 raid groups each)

Alter the prep tunnel set up so each faction has the current one close to their base for 40 players on defense and also one that exits closer to the field of strife for 40 players on offense.
Adding my voice to the movement, I wholeheartedly support this. My fondest memories of WoW PvP are from AV pre-reinforcements. When there were so few BGs I could understand Blizzard wanting to shorten the time spent per AV, but now with all the choices I only think its fair for there to be a "long pvp battle" option.

1)Take AV out of random Q. Those people that want a 10-20 minute bg already have choices: Eye, Warsong, AB etc..

2) Combine all Battle groups to be able to go in and out of AV.

3) Bring Classic AV back quest, sumoning etc... LEt AV run its normal corse.

4) Create AV rewards for players that would like to invest long hours playing this BG. Arena ain't all that, this could be a great Avenue to also get arena points for those of us that hate/think Arena is way over rated.

I agree with the OP and with this poster's suggestions. However, I would also take honor out of AV, or maybe only reward honor if you WIN THE BATTLEGROUND (can't stand the "let them win, it's better honor/hour" spam I see sometimes in battleground chat). I pvp for fun (and I'd like to think those of you reading this do as well), not to grind gear. If there were an AV currency that was only rewarded with wins, there wouldn't be a need for honor in AV. I suggest this because in the off chance Blizzard does decide to implement old-AV, I don't want half my team to be honor-farming botters.

/signed and sticky requested. Let's keep this thread on the front page.
07/07/2011 10:44 AMPosted by Hezza
I pvp for fun (and I'd like to think those of you reading this do as well), not to grind gear.

I PvP for fun as well. However just getting Cata about 2 mos. ago after a long break, it is just getting to be fun again now that I have hit 2k res. But still needing gear, I would want decent honor rewards. IMO taking it out of the random queue (which would mean no bonus honor from that) and the changes that would lengthen the battle would keep the people who just want to farm honor the quickest way possible out of AV.

I hear you though, not only was it not fun getting roflstomped while gearing up, playing with people who really don't give a crap about objectives or winning is no fun either...
Yeah I understand your point as well on honor points existing in AV. I don't know what the most elegant solution is, I just want to try and keep the focus on playing and trying to win AV, not theorizing the quickest honor/hour method of grinding it. Maybe leave honor gains in, but purposefully make it so its not the most efficient honor gains per time?

Just my thoughts on the matter. Seems like such a waste to see a BG that obviously had so much time put into it reduced to a 10 minute zerg 90% of the time.

Oh, and we could use an updated AV trinket. :)