So wait, Firelands trash and AoH rep...

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
So I've read that Firelands trash can give up to Honored reputation (Please correct me if I'm wrong), and that some of the trash is soloable. My big, overarching question is this: Is it possible, as a completely lone wolf character, solo enough trash to become close to Honored, or will I have to join a guild group to get it? I'm sorry if this is in an easy-to-read spot and I missed it, but information would be extremely helpful.

--> I would like to solo for rep because I have to wait for no one but myself, and sadly, the people that I know...their pace isn't as fast as I would like.

Thanks in advance!
Thanks for the quick replies :D I'll give it a try once I ding, and hopefully it goes at a decent pace. If not, well, back into the machine for rep runs...
Id say it's much safer to find a partner or two to run with. Not only will it mean less down time but also less risk. Sure you'll have to share drops but.. is that really so bad?
If you're soloing Firelands trash, it's for a reason that will be corrected. We've already fixed several situations where this was possible, either by buffing the creatures, increasing the range of their abilities, or removing their loot/greatly reducing the rewards they provide.

Hotfixes: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3019413
Instead of making all the mobs drop less loot across the board, could you just make the solo-able mobs drop less while the bigger mobs drop slightly more maybe? I can understand not wanting people to go and get three epics per run. But not even getting one in 3 runs is almost unacceptable. Sure, it is still RNG, but when it goes from being lucky and getting 4 drops to being lucky and getting 1, I see it as a significant nerf and not just a quick fix to discourage soloing.
I don't see why blizz is ranting about people soloing... it's going to happen whether they like it or not... people invent new ways to do things... it's impossible to stop soloing... and dropping the loot rewards just because some people are smart enough to solo is just a low ball move to players.
07/05/2011 05:11 PMPosted by Neonheights
I don't see why blizz is ranting about people soloing... it's going to happen whether they like it or not... people invent new ways to do things... it's impossible to stop soloing... and dropping the loot rewards just because some people are smart enough to solo is just a low ball move to players.

Reminds me of gc's "We can't buff class A cuz then the top 1% would be to strong."

Lowering the drop rate for everyone as a response to people soloing is not the way to go. They should lower the drop rate of the soloable mobs if they are going to lower the rate at all. Just another simple band-aix that negatively affects the majority of the player base as a whole instead of just the small portion it was directed at.
07/05/2011 05:01 PMPosted by Zarhym
or removing their loot/greatly reducing the rewards they provide.

That's not a good one....
07/05/2011 05:14 PMPosted by Nanardor

Reminds me of gc's "We can't buff class A cuz then the top 1% would be to strong."

Lowering the drop rate for everyone as a response to people soloing is not the way to go. They should lower the drop rate of the soloable mobs if they are going to lower the rate at all. Just another simple band-aix that negatively affects the majority of the player base as a whole instead of just the small portion it was directed at.

And you expected something different to happen?
07/05/2011 05:06 PMPosted by Nanardor
Instead of making all the mobs drop less loot across the board, could you just make the solo-able mobs drop less while the bigger mobs drop slightly more maybe? I can understand not wanting people to go and get three epics per run. But not even getting one in 3 runs is almost unacceptable. Sure, it is still RNG, but when it goes from being lucky and getting 4 drops to being lucky and getting 1, I see it as a significant nerf and not just a quick fix to discourage soloing.

Most of the changes weren't just due to solo players killing creatures in there, or pug trash runs. Many of the loot tables just had much higher drop percentages than intended.
07/05/2011 05:09 PMPosted by Deshala
Put all the BoEs on the turtles. That will make people cry.

I think they did, out of the 10 runs or so I've done on my hunter the only boe to drop was off a turtle...
07/05/2011 05:21 PMPosted by Zarhym
Most of the changes weren't just due to solo players killing creatures in there, or pug trash runs. Many of the loot tables just had much higher drop percentages than intended.

Where there any specific creatures (most notoriously the scorpions) that were changed for this reason? Or is it simply a function of reward vs. effort?
If you're soloing Firelands trash, it's for a reason that will be corrected. We've already fixed several situations where this was possible, either by buffing the creatures, increasing the range of their abilities, or removing their loot/greatly reducing the rewards they provide.

The fixes you mentioned don't seem like they're going to completely eliminate the ability for certain creatures to be soloed (it doesn't matter how hard something can hit you for if it doesn't get the chance). For those that you still can solo, are you removing the rep gains along with the loot, or not?

Can you please just give them all a charge ability along with the ranged and re-buff the drop rates to a reasonable amount?

Hell I'm cool if they are unkitable as long as we can get good drops again.

I honestly don't feel like soloing current content is something that should be happening, just removing the ability for them to be slowed is an easy fix
07/05/2011 05:21 PMPosted by Zarhym

It doesn't seem like they experienced a minor tweak as much as they experienced a major one. Last week we got 3 recipes and one piece of gear in one trash run, now we rarely get 1 drop in multiple runs. What were the drop tables that were intended? It seems like we are getting a fourth of what used to drop and that makes for a sad hunter and a happy top end raiding guild that got more drops than they know what to do with in the first few days. AKA: 8 lava bolt crossbows on the ah last week, and 1 today.
Make them immune to snare. Grats you just fixed the entirety of the trash soloing.

There's a bigger issue about the fact that raiding guilds are punished for not trash farming, but that's a whole other issue.