i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 69 Next
Making ALL i365 PvP Gear Tradeable for i371 counterpart would be the best option. The extra gear would compensate people for the $$ spent on enchants and whatnot.
Imagine someone bought S9 gear last week. Then, this week, they replaced all of their S9 gear with S10 gear. Then, Blizzard gave everyone with S9 gear S10 gear for free. The guys who grinded twice would be pissed because they could have just gotten S10 for free.

the guy that did that just grinded out 2 sets of gear wen he only needed to grind out 1 set? ah that sucks!

wait.. thats wat blizz wants me to do....

LOL yeah. So Blizzard has to figure out a way to compensate the people who grinded for S9, without screwing over the people who have already grinded for S9 and S10.

I think refunding honor (and gold for enchants) would probably be the best solution. Anyone who purchased Vicious gear at all last week would receive the refund. And they could let that honor go above the 4000 cap temporarily, if they're able to do that.
07/06/2011 07:03 PMPosted by Shädøw
Only people grinding last week purchased Vicious with honor. They're not the only ones who lost out, compensation needs to be a little more inclusive.

Who else lost out?
I really hope we don't get carried away here, in all honesty all we are really entitled to are pieces totaling 4000 honor, replacing an entire set is not warranted, had EVERYTHING gone correctly and all information been relayed 4000 honor is all you would of had to spend on the new gear when season 10 opened.
I understand that gems and enchants were put on items and some spent allot of time grinding out honor but mistakes happen and since Blizz is admitting such then we should also cut them a little slack in our "demands"

Their little communication error cost a lot of people time. I say let 'em stew.
07/06/2011 07:04 PMPosted by Domaníck
Making ALL i365 PvP Gear Tradeable for i371 counterpart would be the best option. The extra gear would compensate people for the $$ spent on enchants and whatnot.
Agreed I would be very happy with this and everyone would be on equal footing for gear.
Temporary solution: Allow all vicious gear that was purchased with HP prior to season 10 (After the 4.2 Patch of June 5) to be refundable for one week. This should give all players an equal chance to upgrade their gear to the appropriate S10 equivalent.

This change is only temporary, and should affect no further patches.
Refundable discounts may vary from 75% to 100% full refund.

Anyone else agree? I see this as a neutral fix to the problem, while giving Blizzard another chance to rethink their communication strategies for future seasons and other applicable patches.

Don't forget that it's completely unfair to those got all their gear in arena/rBGs throughout the season. They shouldn't have to regrind gear. Blizzard even said this back when the xpack launched.

Simplest solution is to make all 365 into 371. There's no way that is a difficult change in the code. Let them implement their new system next season when everyone is aware of it.

The only problem is that there will be new players or those that didn't even know about all of this that will do the exact same thing in the next season.
07/06/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
If everything went according to plan, you probably would've spent any HP over the 4,000 cap last week on any remaining Season 9 items you maybe didn't have. You then would have saved 4,000 HP to get started on the low tier Season 10 items. This is the way we're looking at it and will let you know if and when we have more information to share.

To clarify, we also would not have grinded honor like mad for the past week. A 4,000 honor compensation is inadequate. Many of us earned 4x that amount and spent it on soon to be obsolete gear AND we are out of pocket for gems and enchants.

To me another thing that's inexcusable is Zarhym earlier during 4.1 (with respect to the per-game Conquest gains) defended that the time investment for PvP gear in Cataclysm wasn't any different from Wrath due to the fact that we didn't have to "grind" honor with every season. Everyone understood what it meant: the old Conquest point was trickling down to Honor, as simple as that. Since it was reinforced by an official Blizzard poster, everyone was certain that was how things were going to go down.

What they should have done, and baffles my mind that they didn't, was introduce the new 371 gear immediately during the inter-season, so that PvP'ers could prepare for Season 10 on a more equal footing with raiders getting 378 raid epics already. The Conquest gear wouldn't even have had to be introduced until this week, thus not interfering with their perverse need to give raiders a massive headstart.

To be honest, I don't even see how you could EVER think that making people grind/purchase old gear for a full week with no communication, and then immediately making it obsolete, would jive well with anybody. Regardless of whether you told us or not, how could you even think making "new" gear obsolete in a week was a good idea?
07/06/2011 07:06 PMPosted by Sneak
I think refunding honor (and gold for enchants)

Due to varying economies on different servers this would be next to impossible , maybe a friend or guildie did the enchant for free, maybe you bought it off the AH for 1000g maybe another server had it listed for 500g, the refund of gold cannot be an option

Yeah, that would be a complication. Maybe they could just mail people the gems they used, enchant scrolls, the head/shoulder enchant items, etc. and then refund honor for the Vicious pieces.