Addons in Curse

UI and Macro
not showing that they need to be updated, but when I go to the website it shows me there's a newer updated version of the addon out. and I'm not receiving the option to update them via the curse client.
I haven't noticed that with mine, but you might have better luck with the Curse forums.
I think there's a short delay before they are added to curse while they are checked. Curse has a lot to lose if they let themselves become a vector for malware.
07/06/2011 03:09 PMPosted by Gødfrey
not showing that they need to be updated, but when I go to the website it shows me there's a newer updated version of the addon out. and I'm not receiving the option to update them via the curse client.

Why are you posting on Blizzard forums instead of the forums at Curse?
07/06/2011 03:31 PMPosted by Hathios
Why are you posting on Blizzard forums instead of the forums at Curse?

Perhaps because a large portion of WoW players use the same feature, and he is wondering if any of us have encountered the same problem and if so, how we overcame it?

Sorry, OP. Curse updater was working fine for me.
This has been happening to me recently but I got past that by refreshing the page when I open curse. It then it shows the addon updates.
07/06/2011 03:34 PMPosted by Lull
Perhaps because a large portion of WoW players use the same feature, and he is wondering if any of us have encountered the same problem and if so, how we overcame it?

^

I deleted them and installed them off of Curse manually.

Seemed to do the trick.
07/06/2011 03:46 PMPosted by Antlion
This has been happening to me recently but I got past that by refreshing the page when I open curse. It then it shows the addon updates.

it worked, thankyou ! :D now i don't have to manually reinstall all 50 of my addons. T.T
07/06/2011 03:09 PMPosted by Gødfrey

You might want to address this with Curse.com rather than here, but I've not had this issue. Try manually doing a rescan/update from within the client.
The reason this happens is because when the file is uploaded by the author, it has to be first checked by the curse's virus scanner and approved by the staff to be safe in content. Meanwhile the update on the addon page shows it's supposed to be a new version but the file itself is lagging a bit behind cause of this scan. Usually takes about an hour or so. I'd suggest just coming back in a bit.

Also, you might have it set to download only release versions and not betas/alphas. Betas will be latest versions but they may not be bug free. You may be seeing a beta but still be downloading a release.