Season Transition Compensation

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 61 Next
Thank You!
07/08/2011 07:11 PMPosted by Ruid
If you buy a computer this year are you going to be mad when a new model comes out next year?

No, but I would be mad if a new model came out one week later for the same price and the store wouldn't let me return the one I just bought.

Edit: Well, at least I get a $40 COUPON towards the new computer. :O
Thanks. I had saved honor and valor (to trade for honor) ...
Yeah because 4000 honor is great compensation for 20,000+ honor and 1500g enchants...
07/08/2011 07:11 PMPosted by Ruid
If you buy a computer this year are you going to be mad when a new model comes out next year?

Lets fix your analogy so that it fits the current situation.

For example.. you bought a new computer, but a new model comes out the following week (not next year). The new model costs exactly the same as the one you bought the previous week, but is more powerful. Further, you need the new model in order to compete on an equal footing with other people who will, inevitably, buy the new computer. Therefore, the money you spent on that new computer last week is completely wasted this week. You might as well have just set the money on fire.

This has been said, over and over.. and there are still people that are incapable of understanding the situation.
You cant just simply let us return armor bought inbetween the two seasons?
It's disgusting seeing how many of you crybabies actually care that they released a 0.25% higher tier after you grinded out thousands and thousands of honor in a week.
uh hello? I'm not sure if any of you realized but vicious gear was available THE SECOND WEEK OF THIS EXPANSION LOL
If you honestly only tried to get gear because it came from Honor Points then I don't think you deserve it. As you can see I'm not in full vicious gear, but will that stop me from joining a BG right now and killing people? no it won't.
Will it stop me from going into arena and winning? no it won't.
Wanna know why? because I know how to play my class and I know pressing buttons isn't gear dependent.
07/08/2011 07:18 PMPosted by Micas

Lets fix your analogy so that it fits the current situation.

For example.. you bought a new computer, but a new model comes out the following week (not next year). The new model costs exactly the same as the one you bought the previous week, but is more powerful. Further, you need the new model in order to compete on an equal footing with other people who will, inevitably, buy the new computer. Therefore, the money you spent on that new computer last week is completely wasted this week. You might as well have just set the money on fire.

This has been said, over and over.. and there are still people that are incapable of understanding the situation.

Skill > Gear How many times has that been said? You obviously didn't have the skill to begin with or you would have had the gear you speak of. You would have got it way early in the season with conquest gear.

Don't blame poor skill on gear that is easy to get. I suck at pvp and still managed almost every piece of conquest gear in just a month or so.
Your developers are players. Would this satisfy them?

Nope. The Devs knew this was coming.
This is the second "miscommunication" concerning honor and conquest points. The first was the points getting converted to gold a week early.

I have no idea how your command structure is, but that is two HUGE screw ups concerning PvP with this patch. Perhaps whatever manager was in charge of that portion of the patch might need some re-education?
The way I see it, vicious gear has been available for well over 6 months now, if any of you actually cared about pvp you would have got it months ago, but grats on your new welfare epics, you can grind them again.

With that said, I don't see why they couldnt have just added a vendor that lets you trade in old vicious for new vicious.
I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this. I honestly thought they would do absolutely nothing considering the ticket response I got yesterday that equated to, "We aren't going to do anything, so get over it". 4k honor is actually a fine deal for me, since this issue was one of principle rather than greed. It still doesn't cover all the honor I spent, and certainly not the gold, but it's nice to know you are actually willing to do something rather than nothing.

Thank you, Blizzard, for attempting to rectify the situation.
The only thing i can see that people are mad about is, blizzard released a new tier of gear after you just worked to get what you have.

I dont see paragon crying that blizzard released Firelands after they geared all their guildies and their alts with top end gear.

/cry they added more gear
It happens, the game progresses.... Gear becomes obsolete faster than you think.

Are you mad that your 3g phone cant do 4g?
are you mad that your tier 11 isn't tier 12?
I bet your also mad that your plasma screen isnt a LED screen TV as well?

I have yet to see any company pay you money back because you bought last years model when this years comes out.

Be happy you get something

Wrong again. You don't understand. Its not the new gear that makes people mad. Stop being a troll. Its the fact that they didn't inform people who wanted to grind honor during June 28th-July 5th that they should wait until AFTER July 5th because new 371 gear was gonna come out for the SAME price. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED IN THE PATCH NOTES AND IT WASNT. So people grinded the old gear anyway because they didn't know. You would be mad too if it happened to you but it didn't so you troll.

Sorry, please help me understand. A blue responded to this saying that it was an error on their part, and that they will give warning for a change of such magnitude where to occur again.

Obviously compensation, if you consider 4k honor compensation, would not be something that would ease everyone's concern in regards to what you said, correct? So even with the apology from a Blizz rep, what more are players expecting. Or should I re-read what you posted? @.@
This doesn't seem the right compensation for Blizzard to give for not telling players what was gonna happen in a future patch... 4000 honor for adding something to the game that wasn't apart of the patch notes, and of course, only the PVP'ers are whining when Blizzard does these "stealth changes" (Undocumented changes to the game.) within dungeons, quests, some raids, and some spells that affects the PVE player base from time to time?

It's not a new game mechanic, it's not a even a new server mechanic. They just did something different, and didn't tell anyone about it...

Not anything new, but of course, since it's a change to the PVP player base, people are whining and are demanding some form compensation for it...

So yes, they may have screwed up by not communicating ahead of time for a potential issue that may or may have not come up. Again. But they screw up all the time, don't even announce they screwed up alot of those times, and apply fixes to the game that affect the game on how it's played (Both with bugs/additions/extensions in the code, the removal of some quest rewards, new expansion data, doodads in the terrain, boss mechanic bugs/exploits, LOS bugs and exploits in PvE and PvP areas, exploits through some console and script commands that Blizzard happens to catch most of the time on the PTR's, but not all the time, and NPCs in area's that arn't associated with anything, etc, etc with all the possibilties and situations.), and it's only now that players are ticked off about it and Blizzard is giving compensation for this screw up. This really isn't the right approach. It really doesn't.

A mechanic that seemed to be implemented on the PTR servers to test it out to make sure it works as it should, the players on the PTR's knew about it who do PVP, and some expected the mechanic to change, and some didn't. They knew about it at some point.

Now, I understand that not all players can access the PTR and spend time on when they would like to. But a small difference in the PvP gear isn't going to be game changing except to those who are dedicated, hardcore, PVP'ers who are in the top 1% brackets. Even then, it's just going to be a couple more arena matches a week to beat a few more teams while seeming to give other PVP'ers a chance to fight the higher ranked teams. To some, that may not beable to happen to get the rewards they want at the end of the season, but by no means, they should be rewarded for it with 4000 honor to get new gear that will indeed altar their starting status to the season within the first few weeks. But to add, since the majority of the PVP player base is going to be rewarded, it balances out anyway to it's previously unchanged status.

You're taking an issue where people are for the most part balanced to begin with, giving players the option to buy new gear and upgrades to fight those other, more dedicated players, a bit more of a chance, that is only going to balance itself out very soon because players decided to take advantage before hand.

Now, for the players that are going to tell me to "Shut up, You don't even have a rating. You don't do arenas or even PvP anymore. You have no right to talk here." You're wrong on so many levels. I PvP'ed a bit in the past, I keep up with Blizzards posts, and key hot issues within the game, though may not always throw in my word, or give the option to express my right of free speech to posts. I'm fully aware on how Blizzard comes to alot of situations and issues, and can even predict some changes that are gonig to happen based on the currently released data.