Season Transition Compensation

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 61 Next
I grinded full 365 on 3 characters. I'm affected as much as anyone else. Stop your whining and be happy you are at least getting something. They made a mistake, and the public outcry was huge. We can be sure this won't happen again.
I'm happy to hear that compensation is being discussed, however 4k honor does not cover all my purchases. I could care less about the enchants and gems, it's more about the time I invested to get 9 pieces of "new" PVP gear.

I am begrudgingly finding myself entering BGs now and I'm afraid I have to acknowledge I have absolutely no enthusiasm or desire to repeat the efforts I made last week.

If you're planning on detecting those affected by the unannounced change, would a simple swap or ilevel bump of the gear be possible?

Although this isn't anywhere near equal what was lost due to the lack of communication, it is wonderful to see a response and action by Blizzard that shows their understanding to the communities concerns. Thank you.
In that one week, I farmed for head, chest, 2x rings, feet, and a trinket .. and I was never at the honor cap, do I understand that I would not be included in this?
Too much time spent grinding the honor to complete the conquest gear for 4000 Honor, not including chants, and gems. 4000 Conquest, however, would compensate time on the season 10 gear. Hell, 1 weeks worth of Conquest would compensate.
07/08/2011 08:44 PMPosted by Shotintheeye
Hotfix the stats on the 365 gear so they are the same as the 371.

Yours is the best idea and the easiest to implement! Blizzard say no 4k free honor and just hotfix 365 to have the same stats as 371 and the PVP community is aware that going forward there will be a new honor set with each new season. Done! Problem solved.

The question is, why isn't this being done?
As I said before, a timely resolution was better than waiting for an outdated "perfect" solution. The 4K honor doesn't fully compensate me, but I'd rather have that than wait two weeks when it will be too late.

So, I'll say this transition snafu is resolved.

That said, I don't like the idea of having S10 honor gear trump S9 rated bg/arena gear. That's just bad game design.
By the time you get around to giving me my honor points, I will have already re-farmed all the honor I spent in the week you guys messed up, not to mention the 1k gold or so I spent gemming and enchanting since bold rubies are so expensive now. What you are essentially giving me is nothing. Thanks a ton.
I would have to agree with a lot of the people here, in that it is nice that Blizz is making this gesture. But, it really is just a gesture. It's not equal compensation. It does nothing to take into account the gems and enchants that were placed on the gear as many have said.

It would be far easier to just replace all 365 gear with 371 gear. I assume they use some kind of relational database, and could just replace the gear item number with it's higher level version, and leave the enchants and gems in place. The only thing that I do now know is if they have the date and time it was obtained (easily accesible), to use the obtained date and time as a filter for which pieces would be replaced. They obviously have this information.

I also think that their new concept of season gear phase out is poorly conceived. This "gesture" as opposed to just upgrading the gear is more than likely directly related to this new concept.
Thanks Blizzard, this is more than appreciated.

The fact that blizzard is offering any sort of compensation is nice enough, it's amazing how many people are just QQing about the fact they aren't getting everything they spent. You're getting something when nothing had to be provided at all.

Grow up and quit acting like that spoiled kid not getting what they wanted from the store cause there was a delay in the shipment of your new toy you didn't know about

Let's say you put your life savings in a bank. The next day, the bank says they lost all of your money. They say it's totally their fault, offer you an apology, and give you 20% of your money back as compensation.

What? It's amazing that you're QQing about the fact that you aren't getting back everything you put in.

Grow up and quit acting like a spoiled child when you can't get everything you want

Players bought items, they did not put money away in a bank. Blizzard did not pull out the gold from players characters. The fact remains that players still bought items that are an upgrade for them at the time. What they did not know was that by waiting one more week they could have gotten items that are an even higher upgrade for the same costs.

Dang farming a whole honor set in a week, got to love PVP and have lots of time on your hand and can do it again no problem. Its not like you took off of work for one week to grind it all, well unless you did than why would you do such for honor gear?
I would have to agree with a lot of the people here, in that it is nice that Blizz is making this gesture. But, it really is just a gesture. It's not equal compensation. It does nothing to take into account the gems and enchants that were placed on the gear as many have said.

It would be far easier to just replace all 365 gear with 371 gear. I assume they use some kind of relational database, and could just replace the gear item number with it's higher level version, and leave the enchants and gems in place. The only thing that I do now know is if they have the date and time it was obtained (easily accesible), to use the obtained date and time as a filter for which pieces would be replaced. They obviously have this information.

I also think that their new concept of season gear phase out is poorly conceived. This "gesture" as opposed to just upgrading the gear is more than likely directly related to this new concept.

Totally agree here. Very underwhelming, and as someone with 20+ years in relational db technologies (very, very large and complex ones), it certainly should be doable, particularly if you just change the stats on the 365 stuff.
07/08/2011 08:49 PMPosted by Frøze
You must not have done a lot of pvp Prowl. Go Bg in full bloodthirsty and get destroyed by people wearing vicious.. wheres the fun in that? Besides no one has talked about the logic behind gear numbers.. This is about miscommunication, wasted time, effort and gold.. Read up on the whole thing before you go posting please.

....Really...? All I'm getting from this is "My battlegroup is terrible and I don't know how to play."
I don't even have pvp gear in half of my slots and I still do fine in BGs, arenas, duels.
Take a wild guess why I do fine? I'll give you a hint: iknowhowtoplay

Just to clarify, I have been keeping up with the flowing river people call a thread. like I said before, it's disgusting how many of you care bears expecting to be reimbursed for gear you already bought.
It's not my fault you waited til a week before this season to get last season's gear.
07/08/2011 08:58 PMPosted by Goldenarrow
Thanks Blizzard, this is more than appreciated.

Nice to see at least one person happy with any type of compensation.

You others make me sick. Blizzard is willing to give you more than they have ever before when they made a mistake and you still want more.