Deth'Tilac is kind of a joke....

Hunter
07/09/2011 09:47 PMPosted by Dubmatic
ya for a sec i thought blizz was gonna make certain rare pets more powerful then others once tamed; like back in the day, way back in the day... now its all made fair so unlucky ppl can feel not so left out... sigh

Unlucky people not getting left out is a good thing. How would YOU feel if YOU tried getting a rare and never found it...?
Not a hunter, but just witnessed a taming...

Just wanted to sound off on a special pet with special abilities being OP.

WHO CARES?

Maybe if it is OP, it requires a little extra care and feeding in the form of additional dailies or something?

All this homogenization really contributes to the boring aspect of the game. Let an individual feel uber for a while! If you must, nerf its special abilities in pvp or something.

Too many whiners in this game.
07/09/2011 07:52 PMPosted by Draxon
just because it takes 30 minutes to kite him in circles to get him low enough to tame.....

I haven't done it, but it sounds like a challenge to me. Of course they should probably add other aspects of the challenge. Simply kiting something around for 30 minutes doesn't sound fun.
Words cannot express the amount of stupidity that's pulsating from this thread. The new pets, for however disappointing it is to see 5 Spiders of the same model, just re-colored and 2 Gondrias re-colored, are pretty freakin fun to tame. I've enjoyed taming 8 of the 10, each makes you think and forces you to use various Hunter abilities in order to tame them. I LOVED taming Deth'Tilac, he and Skitterflame are in my top 3 Funnest Tames. I would have been REALLY mad if these new pets were the typical "Walk-up, Tame" thankfully, they aren't. I'm satisfied with what they've given us. My only gripe is that there aren't more like them. ;-)
nothings funnier to see then having 10 people support the hunter in a tame of the new crab in firelands. to many jokes now on my server about them he he he. but now back to topic
Anymore, I wish they would just delete the hunter class. They cant get anything right with it.

Damn, you is so right, what with adding new pets especially for the class that do nothing for other players, hot DAMN. Just delete hunters Blizz.

But yep, taming Deth'tilac was a little underwhelming. At the very least, allow apostrophes in the name so mine could've been Fel'tilac, not Feltilac.

really? there arent GREEN non elite, but there is Yellow and Red

Personally Solix i have seen as the hardest tame (the orange one in the cave), seen many hunters accidentally kill him trying to tame him

and Karkin and Skarr i had to change my surv spec to marksman just to get them

Yes there are green non-elites...they look like critters but they are tameable

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=53753

Uhm...*ahem*. No they're not, i've tried myself personally, it says "creature not tameable", read the last comment on that link :)

Yes there are green non-elites...they look like critters but they are tameable

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=53753

Uhm...*ahem*. No they're not, i've tried myself personally, it says "creature not tameable", read the last comment on that link :)

They ARE tamable. I tamed one on my Hunter before I got Kirix. Read the tooltip from Beast Lore IN-GAME.
I'm happy with the challenges.

Though, I would've preferred something else instead of half the spiders which you can grab from Widow's Plateau or whatever.

Like a Firehawk or Charred Hound.

Or a Lava Burster worm.
Lava Burster would be pretty sick. We can get Jormung's that have a burrow spell!!! Tho, Lava Bursters are native to LAVA so they couldn't live anywhere else. :-(
Solix is the hardest of all IMO.

You have to try and tame him in the middle of a small, highly populated Daily Quest Zone, with mobs running around and lava balls shooting all over the place. And once Solix is ready to be "Tamed" you only have about 60 seconds to do it before he dies on his own.

At least you can Kite Deth'tilac behind the Forlorn Spire, out of most people's view and remain largely unbothered by others.

Not a hunter, but just witnessed a taming...

Just wanted to sound off on a special pet with special abilities being OP.

WHO CARES?

Maybe if it is OP, it requires a little extra care and feeding in the form of additional dailies or something?

All this homogenization really contributes to the boring aspect of the game. Let an individual feel uber for a while! If you must, nerf its special abilities in pvp or something.

Too many whiners in this game.

Right, so i should have to bypass all the exotic pets and get a rare spawn spider because it has a damaging attack? That is why they standardized the pets, so you wouldn't be forced to use a pet type because it was better than the rest, and then to reduce it to a single rare spawn that about every other hunter is already after. Not to include all the asshats that want to kill the spider when they see a hunter trying to tame it.
I tamed Deth'tilac easily. Saw him there, kited and whatnot. Tamed. Love him!!
Quit complaining, if you don't like him, abandon it. Your choice.
It would be nice if rare spawns got a bonus ability after they are tamed that did something like make them dance or do a trick.
Deth'tilac was the most fun Ive ever had taming a pet. I did it solo, it wasnt hard to me, but it was still the most fun ever, because were hunters, and hunters kite stuff!

Of course he has web like every other spider, what did you expect? Pets are normalized.

His value is in the skin, he is the only one that is purple and people know him when they see him.

Yeah, an achievement only attainable by one class. That wouldnt cause an uproar or anything.