No point to raiding until 4.3

Priest
1 2 3 5 Next
With no spirit cloth in Firelands, there is no point to raiding as healing priest until Bliz fixes the horrible debacle that is 4.2.

Priests need drops too!
This is a silly post. So the itemization is terrible, I've complained about it a billion times, it sucks, theres a mastery spirit axe for crying out loud. HOWEVER, if you only raid for loot, I don't know if raiding is the best way for you to enjoy the game in the first place, sorry.

Priests DO need drops too, itemization is laughable, thats not what I'm saying... I'm saying 'no point raiding' is a little... dramatic.
Learn how to manage mana again. I don't know about you, but things were getting a little ridiculous for Disc.

*Puts on sunglasses*

Deal with it.
Im just saying if they have leather with spirit on it, they should have cloth with spirit on it. And 99% of ppl raid for the loot.
That's just sad.
07/12/2011 11:39 PMPosted by Crazybum
Im just saying if they have leather with spirit on it, they should have cloth with spirit on it. And 99% of ppl raid for the loot.

Actually, only 9.98453% of raiders raid for the loot. See? I can make up percentages too.

Nearly every player I've asked has given one or more of the following answers:

a) Fun/enjoyment
b) Challenge
c) Thrill of progression/accomplishment
d) Seeing all the content

Loot is a secondary concern. Sure, everyone likes getting loot and it sucks that priests don't have the same options as other raiders but anyone who raids solely to get loot has seriously skewed priorities.
Raid for that reputation ring - ilevel 391 with a red socket, if I remember correctly.

Some really tasty trinkets.

Bis healing mace from ragnaros.

But I do agree, there is a lack of priest healing drops in FL.
I can raid just fine, thanks.
If that's the Aliena I think it is... OP just got pwned.

In all seriousness though, the vast majority of raiders do not raid just for gear. The reasons Elethia mentioned are far more appealing. In addition, I raid to spend time with my friends in my guild. If I was in a raid that was all serious-face all the time, i don't think I would have fun and I wouldn't enjoy raiding. The people I raid with have fun, goof off a bit, but we still get !*@@ done. Yeah the itemization with no spirit on cloth gear sucks balls. But we'll deal. It's not the end of the world.
I'm having a great time with my raids, irregardless of gear (which wont effect me until I start hitting heroic mode), The upgrades I'm getting help a lot with the increased damage. So what if I'm losing spirit, my four piece bonus is enough to help out with that.

You don't do raids for drops, you do it them because it feels pretty darn good to down that boss you've been grinding for weeks like a piece of cheese!

Nearly every player I've asked has given one or more of the following answers:

a) Fun/enjoyment
b) Challenge
c) Thrill of progression/accomplishment
d) Seeing all the content

They're all pretty much lying :(

Take out the loot and suddenly raids wouldn't happen, I guarantee it.
This is a silly post. So the itemization is terrible, I've complained about it a billion times, it sucks, theres a mastery spirit axe for crying out loud. HOWEVER, if you only raid for loot, I don't know if raiding is the best way for you to enjoy the game in the first place, sorry.

Priests DO need drops too, itemization is laughable, thats not what I'm saying... I'm saying 'no point raiding' is a little... dramatic.

This.

Priests still play a role in a raid environment (moreso if you're Disc, which is unfortunate for our Holy friends) and are still good healers.

I love my priest enough to stick with her, and I'm actually very fond of Firelands so far, despite it not being the most favorful of times for our class.

Raiding ultimately - as with any part of this game - is for fun. And I am still having fun.
07/13/2011 01:54 AMPosted by Popina
In all seriousness though, the vast majority of raiders do not raid just for gear.

However, they do raid in part for gear. The gear is the reward for success and when you remove the reward, the 'fun' in raiding is considerably diminished.

I enjoy my job quite a bit. But if they stopped paying me, it'd be a lot less enjoyable.

As this post pointed out:

The real issue is that while arguably priest healers need spirit more than any other healer, Blizzard singled out cloth, which targets priest healers, to remove spirit from the boss drops.
Leather, mail and plate boss drops have it, but not cloth. Only not cloth.

So far as a disc priest in FL I have not missed the spirit. There is increased competition now for all cloth drops, and holy priests have it the worse, but priests, by working harder than others are required to, can get spirit if they want it.

I do not raid solely for the gear, but if you removed the gear from raiding, I would enjoy it a lot less. Dedicated progression raiding takes work, and if a large part of the reward for that were removed. I might well stop progression raiding.
However, they do raid in part for gear. The gear is the reward for success and when you remove the reward, the 'fun' in raiding is considerably diminished.

I enjoy my job quite a bit. But if they stopped paying me, it'd be a lot less enjoyable.

Calaris with another quite insightful post. It is fun to get new gear from raiding, though the enjoyment for most of the raiding population comes from toppling the big guys :)
So wait a minute, you don't need weapons, jewelry, or trinkets? How'd you pull that off?
Calaris with another quite insightful post. It is fun to get new gear from raiding, though the enjoyment for most of the raiding population comes from toppling the big guys :)

and toppling big guys is easier with geared raiders lol

basically if priests are to compete this tier we need to be disc, and roll with our t11 and upgrade only offpieces with/without spirit while we wait for t12.

sad that a lot of fights where you think "damn id sure like to have more consistant aoe throughput" you don't really have a viable option of being holy.. yet, until tier anyway
07/13/2011 06:37 AMPosted by Shadowfrìend

and toppling big guys is easier with geared raiders lol

basically if priests are to compete this tier we need to be disc, and roll with our t11 and upgrade only offpieces with/without spirit while we wait for t12.

sad that a lot of fights where you think "damn id sure like to have more consistant aoe throughput" you don't really have a viable option of being holy.. yet, until tier anyway

right, until tier. that's the thing. compared to at least normal t11, it doesn't take a ton for t12 to be superior. calculate the mp5 from 540 spirit vs the increases in int, all the spirit on the tier pieces and the 2pc bonus... there's also the incalculable 4pc healing to consider. also, at least on normal there aren't a lot of fights where there is significant need for super sustained throughput (speaking from my limited 4-5/7 experience.

shannox- burst aoe healing
beth- uum... idk kill faster? yeah...
rhyo- your drivers messed up
baleroc- 0 aoe healing
alysrazor- more about people standing in cyclones.
domo- scorpion phase i can understand perhaps, under a lot of adrenaline at least
rag- ???