4.2 almost cleared in 2weeks? Expected?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 19 Next
Update: Paragon is now at 6/7 HM's. Only 2 days or so of being able to do this content. I really hope Ragnaros puts up a fight for ATLEAST one week.
I like chainsaws! I think I'm gonna juggle some! *juggles successfully* Look Ma, no han--AAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
07/07/2011 07:12 PMPosted by Schlot
If you end up killing Rag that quickly and hop into heroics to do the same bosses, how is that any different from having those same bosses be harder on normal and wiping to those same bosses over and over? Either way, you're wiping on the same seven bosses, right?

It's like having to watch a new movie in fast forward before you can actually watch the movie.

It's like beating a game on easy before hard mode is unlocked. Such a mechanic has been around since Super Mario Bros.
07/07/2011 07:10 PMPosted by Moohots
Update: Paragon is now at 6/7 HM's. Only 2 days or so of being able to do this content. I really hope Ragnaros puts up a fight for ATLEAST one week.

How far are you now?
07/07/2011 01:38 PMPosted by Jile
Having no real content in a content thin Expansion is below epic.
Define Real Content.

Since apparently we've all been dreaming it up currently.

Why do people like you even bother?
My complaint is that when you only have 7 bosses, there less exploration. The instance is smaller, less about the game is novel.

Molten Core had 10 bosses and was an astoundingly boring instance with zero exploration value. The number of bosses is not relevant.
I don't remember my first raids into molten core back in 2005 to be boring.
And by the way - i can't wait to see how fast the 25man Heroic content will be cleared.
We just got Shannox down yesterday. He's our guilds first kill for Firelands. WOOT! Here's to not caring what the top guilds do and still feeling good about getting one down.

Cheers!
I don't remember my first raids into molten core back in 2005 to be boring.
And by the way - i can't wait to see how fast the 25man Heroic content will be cleared.

MC sucked so much they made a song about it, MC Raiders: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjmJCy1ksYY

How far are you now?

Personally, 2/7 HM. But that's not the point, please read the OP and stop being so quick to make assumptions, if you don't like the topic of the thread then feel free not to post. <3

07/07/2011 10:51 AMPosted by Moohots
Anyhow this will now be a open discussion regarding anyone thoughts on how 4.2 has been holding up to high end guilds.
07/07/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Anyhow...was 4.2 designed to be quick like this?

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.

i hope you don't ban me this time, but what would the other 99% of the wow community base the level of difficulty without the top guilds? after all they are the ones who dedicate more time and effort on this game than most people. they don't do anything magical or have more abilites than other players. i think what most people are wondering is that, perhaps, the intrinsic difficulty of your raids has gotten significantly low since you started doing normal/heroic versions. you learn the fight in normal mode, then add some 3-4 recycled mechanics and you call it a hard mode; have harder hitting adds or periods of intense healing and cooldown management. you started doing timed bosses like algalon and limited attempts and haven't done that since because you knew the whole thing was a mess. what's going to be next? just wondering how you can gauge the difficulty of your new 25 mans and at the same time not overtune 10 mans.
Well you have to consider this game is not supposed to played hours on end like most people do racing through the content. Obviously if you play hours and hours and hours (which i find ridiculous) and play nothing but WoW the content is obviously going to seem short.
Personally, 2/7 HM. But that's not the point, please read the OP and stop being so quick to make assumptions, if you don't like the topic of the thread then feel free not to post. <3

Whoa, getting a little defensive there! And yes, I realize the point is that people other than you are beating content quickly, Daxx made that quite clear. Why so defensive?
07/07/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Anyhow...was 4.2 designed to be quick like this?

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.

As a Lumberjack turned Arborist I play with chainsaws all the time. I've seen chainsaw jugglers also... 99% of the time the saws are idling and the chains are not spinning. Making the saw much less dangerous.

But yea, DO NOT TRY AND JUGGLE A CHAINSAW... unless you like being called stubby.

Whoa, getting a little defensive there! And yes, I realize the point is that people other than you are beating content quickly, Daxx made that quite clear. Why so defensive?

Clearly a troll, " Why so defensive " and " getting a little defensive there! ". 2/5 Anyhow you clearly have comprehensions issues if that is what you got out of the OP and what not. No one's being defensive clearly you're just being a troll.

Bad troll is bad, get out of this thread.
Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.

Awww! But.... But.... Awww :( . It was totally gunna be my new party trick this weekend :O I don't need to practice though, I'll be ok ;D