New Real ID Party Available for Testing

General Discussion
1 2 3 34 Next
When delving into the depths of Azeroth's darkest dungeons, it always helps to have some friends at your side... now you're able to issue a call to arms no matter what realm they play on. We're pleased to announce the new Real ID Party feature is now available for testing! This new feature will allow World of Warcraft players to invite their real-life Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

To learn more about Real ID, please visit the Real ID web page ( http://us.battle.net/en/realid/ ) and read the FAQ. ( http://us.battle.net/en/realid/faq )

For more information about how the Real ID Party system works, check out the FAQ below.

Real ID Party Feature – Test Phase FAQ

Q: What is the Real ID Party feature?
    A: Players can now invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a 5-player normal or Heroic dungeon group, regardless of what realm their friends are on. This system is designed to make it easier for real-life friends to play together.

Q: How do I invite Real ID friends to a Real ID party?
    A: Inviting a Real ID friend to a Real ID Party is simple. Just open up your Friends list to see which Real ID friends are online. Click on the “Plus” button to send an invitation to a Real ID friend to join your group. You can continue to add Real ID friends to your party until the group is complete. If you cannot complete the group with Real ID friends, you are free to join the Dungeon Finder to fill in the missing roles.

Q: Does a player need to have Real ID enabled to accept a Real ID group invite?
    A: Yes, a player must have Real ID enabled, and both players must be Real ID friends to accept or initiate Real ID party invitations.

Q: Can a party leader invite a mix of Real ID friends, character-level friends, guildmates, or random players to the same party?
    A: A party leader can invite any combination of Real ID friends from any realm, guildmates from the same realm, or other characters from the same realm to the same party. If the party leader isn’t able to fill up the entire party, the Dungeon Finder can fill in the missing roles.

Q: Can I invite someone who is not a Real ID friend?
    A: You can only invite members to a party if they are on your Real ID friends list or if they are on the same realm as you are.

Q: Can I invite a friend of a Real ID friend?
    A: No, you can only invite your own Real ID friends to the party.

Q: How long will the testing period last?
    A: We haven’t yet determined how long the testing period will last. We'll keep you updated on the status and inform you when the test period is going to end in the future.

Q: Will aspects of the Real ID Party system be premium-based?
    A: We'll have information on this toward the end of the testing period.
There will be some disappointed people when this becomes part of a premium package, but still pretty neat.
Oh that's a neat feature. We're headed towards one big ol' cloud, huh?
I tested this before.

It was great playing with friends who I hadn't been able to play with for a while. Though realID BG's would be fantastic :D
Don't charge for it. It will be a big mistake.
You can't invite Cross faction. I have alot of friends who play Alliance. So this service is no go for me.
If you can do dungeons, why not also make it so you can do battlegrounds? If that was the case I'd be buying it in the future.
07/14/2011 09:20 AMPosted by Panzerjax
You can't invite Cross faction. I have alot of friends who play Alliance. So this service is no go for me.

All my friends are horde D:
07/14/2011 09:22 AMPosted by Goodbuy
Do we have to sign up somewhere to try it?

No, it's available to everyone in game now.
I'm very glad to see this feature put into the game. It's great that we can now keep in touch with friends better, forge a stronger cross-server community, and play with old friends once more.

However, I'll be extremely sad if this feature is not included in the $15 a month we already pay for this game after the trial phase concludes.

Here's my wishlist:
-Battleground functionality. Rated battlegrounds would be a plus but not necessary.
-Cross-faction support. I'm sure you could give a temporary race-changing buff to make it work and change player languages appropriately, or something along those lines.
-Some sort of "social" queue. I.e., being able to queue into an instanced version of a large inn so that you can "meet" your friends without running a dungeon. This would be especially huge for those on RP servers I'd imagine, although I can see myself using a cross-realm dungeon queue simply to show off a shiny new mount to my friends.
07/14/2011 09:22 AMPosted by Goodbuy
Do we have to sign up somewhere to try it?

As long as you have Real ID activated on your account and have Real ID friends (online and available), it should be working for you.
Awesome! I can't wait to try this out.

Now Blizz, make this work for raids as well and you will have truly made something great!

I would.... ummm..... even pay more for that feature.
I had just expressed gratitude for this. Now that I see it will be a premium feature I'm not so sure about that...

Why not just give this to the players? Yes there is cost in developing new features, but how about a free cookie?
07/14/2011 09:23 AMPosted by Emerzion
If you can do dungeons, why not also make it so you can do battlegrounds? If that was the case I'd be buying it in the future.

We're taking this one step at a time right now. But that doesn't mean this is outside the realm of possibility for the future. Let's see how this goes first though.
Just tested...You can physically enter an instance with it so you can give your RealID friend's lowbies instance runs on your main from another realm.