Season Transition Compensation Action

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
For our lack of forewarning on the inclusion of new item level 371 gear with Season 10 we’ll be providing the previously announced (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2794770941) 4000 Honor Point compensation during scheduled maintenance on July 19.

During maintenance, 4000 Honor Points will be automatically applied to all characters that spent Honor on any item level 365 items following the release of 4.2, between the June 28 and July 5 maintenances.

The compensation Honor Points given will be able to go over the point cap, but anyone who goes over will not be able to earn more Honor until they spend under the 4000 cap. Any Honor over the cap will need to be spent before the start of Season 11 when it will be converted to gold. Any characters receiving the compensation honor will also receive an in-game mail explaining the compensation and additional details.

Again, we apologize for not communicating the item level 371 gear introduction, and hope these 4000 Honor Points will offer you some help in obtaining the correct items.
Probably the most simple solution. I'm sure many people will be happy.
I think it's a great solution, lots of people still gonna QQ but get over it guys, it's just a game and Blizzard admits they were at fault here.

Thanks Bashiok
So use it for mats or for your offspec PVP gear. It's better than nothing and as annoyed as I was by their lack of communication the fact remains that you couldn't have walked into the 371 gear with more than 4k honor no matter how you look at it, so they don't really owe you more.

If you want to play the "I spent time grinding" card. I'll counter with "Did you have fun playing those BGs?" And if you didn't, why were you playing them?

I like PVP, I enjoy it, even the unbalanced normal BGs, so some extra grinding is no big deal to me.
Doesn't negate the fact that some people spend 3x this amount and it cannot even calculate the amount of time people spend grinding that honor. It's nice to have some compensation, but it's really too little, too late-especially about a change you intended to happen without forewarning.
It is my understanding that compensation of this type is unprecedented.

I do believe that this is fair. Two of my characters did the "grind". One bought 365 pieces while the other merely converted honour to JP until I unlocked the pvp weapons. This solution appears to compensate those that did buy the "obsolete" gear while, at the same time, not simply bestowing undeserved honor onto characters that didn't lose anything.

Thanks. Good on you guys for stepping up.
I think you have to be Alliance to really appreciate the time it takes to grind honor in BGs.
Actually, Dil, You could walk into the current arena RBGs with the 365 gear and be okay last I checked. I won't take the stance that the 371 isn't superior or doesn't offer a bonus, but insisting you need it is a bit much. You spent time playing a game you like (I hope you like it, otherwise why are you paying for it?) Take it for what it is.

As for the PuGing with Bots. I hate em too, but I see them a lot less than the posters of this forum make it seem. So unless I have some magical anti-bot luck, the problem isn't quite as bad as people make it out. Go play the game, remember WHY you're playing the game, be happy you're getting something instead of just a written apology which is all they really owe us.

Edit: For what it's worth, I was Alliance till about a month ago. Switched because my IRL friends on Alliance side quit or stopped playing as much and I have a bunch of friends over here on Duskwood as Horde.

Edit: For what it's worth, I was Alliance till about a month ago. Switched because my IRL friends on Alliance side quit or stopped playing as much and I have a bunch of friends over here on Duskwood as Horde.

Then you should appreciate even more how much longer it takes to do anything with battleground honor on the Alliance side. It definitely takes more time and is much more of a painful grind.
Having read all the sides of this issue at the beginning and even now after the announcement, I still want to drop my two copper: I'm very happy to have seen this issue taken seriously, and to have seen players' concerns taken seriously. Though the solution isn't perfect and while I can empathize with those who were, still are, and will always be upset with what happened, I'm really very pleased that Blizzard handled the fallout of the mistake respectfully and publicly. And I'm very grateful for all those players who took the time to give well-written, reasoned arguments about why this was a problem and what could be done about it.

Now, if you'll excuse my blathering, I have to get back to the Lumber Mill to be a poor man's boomkin with my succubus's whiplash.
Well said, Ashen, well said.

Wutwut, um, I'm not having an easier time getting honor now that I'm horde than I did as Alliance. It's about the same rate and time. I still win and lose with similar ratios and still have roughly the same queue waits (Maybe a bit more, but not that I've noticed).
If I bought the lower ilvl gear but was able to sell it back for a refund after maitenance, will the system still flag me as eligible for the 4000 points?
07/14/2011 08:56 AMPosted by Bashiok
During maintenance, 4000 Honor Points will be automatically applied to all characters that spent Honor on any item level 365 items following the release of 4.2, between the June 28 and July 5 maintenances.

What about those of us who spent honor on trade goods during this time? I spent 4k on various trade goods, and would not have if I knew about the 371 gear coming out. I did not buy any of the 365 gear because I already had it all, but I would have totally saved the 4k honor I had for 371 gear if I knew that it was going to exist.
This is more a token gesture of apology than any real "compensation". I suppose we can appreciate it for what it is. At least it shows Blizzard will try to avoid this kind of mistake in the future.

Deciding which rewards to pursue, with how much time, in which order, is the central aspect of MMO gameplay. Misinformation like this screws up the game at a fundamental level, and I hope it's a very long time before it happens again, if ever.
This seems to not be helping people like myself who had 4k honor points, and then because of the fact we already had all the gear we needed from honor, purchased justice points to buy BoA gear. Still going to be regretting spending that honor regardless of the fact it wasn't for pvp gear.
Not going to make everyone happy with this solution, but still, it's more honor than I think anyone may have expected to be given in compensation.
07/14/2011 10:41 AMPosted by Zinnin
This seems to not be helping people like myself who had 4k honor points, and then because of the fact we already had all the gear we needed from honor, purchased justice points to buy BoA gear. Still going to be regretting spending that honor regardless of the fact it wasn't for pvp gear.

I didn't even think about those who spent it on heirlooms or converted it to justice. Combine that with those that spent it at the trade goods vendor, and that's probably leaving a good chunk of players out who spent honor during that time but would not have if they knew about the changes.
07/14/2011 10:39 AMPosted by Morsk
This is more a token gesture of apology than any real "compensation". I suppose we can appreciate it for what it is.

I can.

Thankyou Blizz