Actions for Recent Realm Disruptions

Customer Support
Prev 1 2 3 4 76 Next
Way to go Blizz. One of the few times you show you've got the stones to act quickly and decisively when one or more individuals are being disruptive to your property and then you reverse track and cave.I've been saying since beta that the state of this community and how it treats others both in the game and on these forums is on your shoulders and how you police it.All you have done today is show that your bark is worse than your bite.I watched the video ... watched him exclaim in seemingly fascination that they brought down a server and then miraculously a few seconds later is wearing a different shirt in the pic-in-pic cam window saying "Please guys, don't bring down the server" ... same shirt he was wearing the NEXT day when he was breaking the sad news of his account banning. Yeah ... like his plea to not bring the servers down wasn't edited in after the fact.Whether the first was accidental or not, only he and others in his guild know for sure. But, to continue the crap onto two more servers after the fact show clear lack of judgement. And in the end, him and his crew probably got EXACTLY what they were looking for ... more publicity.I didn't know his name until today. Could care less about his warrior/pvp videos. If people find them useful or of value, great. It doesn't excuse what he did. Because your famous or even pseduo-famous doesn't mean you're above the rules or law.Those wanting to point the finger at the others in his guild as being the ones to blame need to remember one very important thing ... that without his YouTube popularity creating his fanbase, the servers never would have come down. And once he realized what happened the first time, he CHOSE not to do the responsible thing and call it off. He may not have been the one "directing traffic" but he was what the thousands were there to see. A shame he didn't have the sense to walk away after the first crash. Then he would have been believeable, at least until he edited in that "Please don't crash the servers" bit in next-days-clothing. Whatever.You're now returned to your same old WoW where the inmates do seem to run the asylum.Thanks Blizz. This community you've let fester is the one true black mark in my book over the last decade plus of enjoying your titles and with battle.net's intergration across your titles, gives me little hope that you'll manage the community of project Titan any better.Amd if this is an example of the kinds of stunts Razor supports of those pushing their products then <expletive> them. I've been happy with my M$ keyboards and Logitech mice up till now but have eyed Razor's product line anytime I've had to get a new peripheral. Now, I've see zero reason to ever give them a penny. So good job Razor ... you've apparently chosen wisely ... not.

My Eyes!!! My beautiful eyes!!!!
07/18/2011 10:12 PMPosted by Jadden
Bashiok, will you please comment on what Razers participation was in regards to getting certain members unbanned? They clearly said on their facebook page that they were working diligently with Blizzard to do that.

I'd like to see an answer to this too.
Because from where I stand..the TOU is for sale if you have a sponsor and enough fans who are willing to crash a server for you all day.
so long as punishment is given where punishment is due, my subscription stays.

edit: that took forever for blizz to respond, wow..
07/18/2011 10:14 PMPosted by Voidsoul
Bashiok, will you please comment on what Razers participation was in regards to getting certain members unbanned? They clearly said on their facebook page that they were working diligently with Blizzard to do that.

I seriously doubt we will hear anything about that in particular. It's between Razer, Blizzard, and those "certain members".

I think we should as many of us feel that certain member's received special treatment just because they have a corporate sponsor.
Posted by Bashiok
Please keep discussions related to this action within this thread. Related discussions outside of this thread will be locked, deleted, and/or fed to Murlocs.

I completely agree with Blizzard's decisions and actions on this particular matter. It was necessary to stop it when it happened, but when they delved into the issue they found better ways of handling it, therefor they maintained a strong sense of justice by being willing to admit that their initial actions were not the correct ones. Also 4.2 was lacking in content.

4.2 was lacking in content, but I dont want to get fed to murlocs... T.T
Hey guys,

Hecatomb here. Just want to remind everyone that this thread was brought to you by Razer.

Razer has the best double-clicking and double-dealing of any mice out there.

If things aren't going your way and you want to CHANGE YOUR GAME, then Buy Razer.

I laughed at this. :D
As long as people are having action taken against them, I cannot complain. I still believe that those who spent today crashing Darkspear should be netting the really hefty bans, while the others are taken more leniently in order to give them the benefit of the doubt. Either way, a significant number of disruptive players will be gone.
Should have kept the perma ban and not given in to pressure from Razer and the realm terrorists. Nice job having no backbone or corporate integrity.
07/18/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Bashiok
While an exception was made in this case

Very disappointed in this decision... there are now two sets of rules... one for certain types of players and one for the rest of us.
Account cancelled.
07/18/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Bashiok
We’re dedicated to providing a fun, stable, reliable gameplay environment for our players. While an exception was made in this case, accountholders who intentionally participate in events that contribute to realm instability will be subject to significant account actions, up to and including a permanent vacation from the game.

Very dissapointed in the decsion to exempt this person from the disciplinary action that had been taken. Never heard of him but was aware of threats to continue to bring down servers till they were reinstated (which I believe did happen). Not to mention that Razer, the players sponsor, saw fit to intervene on his behalf rather than stay impartial. This will result in me placing a ban on all Razer products in the future.

Caving in to blackmail is an ugly business
07/18/2011 10:12 PMPosted by Jadden

If by diligently they mean their community manager texted me after we had already begun the process to reverse the ban and contact those involved, then yes, they were a big help. ;)
Way to go Blizz. One of the few times you show you've got the stones to act quickly and decisively when one or more individuals are being disruptive to your property and then you reverse track and cave.

I've been saying since beta that the state of this community and how it treats others both in the game and on these forums is on your shoulders and how you police it.

All you have done today is show that your bark is worse than your bite.

I watched the video ... watched him exclaim in seemingly fascination that they brought down a server and then miraculously a few seconds later is wearing a different shirt in the pic-in-pic cam window saying "Please guys, don't bring down the server" ... same shirt he was wearing the NEXT day when he was breaking the sad news of his account banning. Yeah ... like his plea to not bring the servers down wasn't edited in after the fact.

Whether the first was accidental or not, only he and others in his guild know for sure. But, to continue the crap onto two more servers after the fact show clear lack of judgement.

And in the end, him and his crew probably got EXACTLY what they were looking for ... more publicity.I didn't know his name until today. Could care less about his warrior/pvp videos. If people find them useful or of value, great. It doesn't excuse what he did. Because you're famous or even pseduo-famous doesn't mean you're above the rules or law.

Those wanting to point the finger at the others in his guild as being the ones to blame need to remember one very important thing ... that without his YouTube popularity creating his fanbase, the servers never would have come down. And once he realized what happened the first time, he CHOSE not to do the responsible thing and call it off. He may not have been the one "directing traffic" but he was what the thousands were there to see. A shame he didn't have the sense to walk away after the first crash.

Then he would have been believeable, at least until he edited in that "Please don't crash the servers" bit in next-days-clothing.

Whatever.

You're now returned to your same old WoW where the inmates do seem to run the asylum.

Thanks Blizz. This community you've let fester is the one true black mark in my book over the last decade plus of enjoying your titles and with battle.net's intergration across your titles, gives me little hope that you'll manage the community of project Titan any better.

And if this is an example of the kinds of stunts Razor supports of those pushing their products then <expletive> them. I've been happy with my M$ keyboards and Logitech mice up till now but have eyed Razor's product line anytime I've had to get a new peripheral. Now, I've see zero reason to ever give them a penny. So good job Razor ... you've apparently chosen wisely ... not.
We recently monitored a situation where a large number of players intentionally disrupted access to multiple realms by gathering together and mass-spamming game emotes. In some cases, individual players spammed an emote upwards of 30,000 times.

As a result, some accounts found to be active participants in this activity were permanently banned. Upon further review, we have made the determination to reduce some of these permanent bans to temporary suspensions. We’re currently in the process of identifying all offenders who acted to purposefully disrupt game service and will administer proper action to each participating account.

We’re dedicated to providing a fun, stable, reliable gameplay environment for our players. While an exception was made in this case, accountholders who intentionally participate in events that contribute to realm instability will be subject to significant account actions, up to and including a permanent vacation from the game.

Please keep discussions related to this action within this thread. Related discussions outside of this thread will be locked, deleted, and/or fed to Murlocs.

Have fun and please remember to play responsibly.

You locked the original thread because it was just about to hit 300 pages, didn't you?
07/18/2011 10:17 PMPosted by Bashiok

If by diligently they mean their community manager texted me after we had already begun the process to reverse the ban and contact those involved, then yes, they were a big help. ;)

I giggled.
People, are complaining about the Sponsored player getting special treatment just like irl....Need I remind you people of Kobe Bryant, and he did alot worse than Swifty did.
Way to go Blizz. One of the few times you show you've got the stones to act quickly and decisively when one or more individuals are being disruptive to your property and then you reverse track and cave.

I've been saying since beta that the state of this community and how it treats others both in the game and on these forums is on your shoulders and how you police it.

All you have done today is show that your bark is worse than your bite.

I watched the video ... watched him exclaim in seemingly fascination that they brought down a server and then miraculously a few seconds later is wearing a different shirt in the pic-in-pic cam window saying "Please guys, don't bring down the server" ... same shirt he was wearing the NEXT day when he was breaking the sad news of his account banning. Yeah ... like his plea to not bring the servers down wasn't edited in after the fact.

Whether the first was accidental or not, only he and others in his guild know for sure. But, to continue the crap onto two more servers after the fact show clear lack of judgement.

And in the end, him and his crew probably got EXACTLY what they were looking for ... more publicity.I didn't know his name until today. Could care less about his warrior/pvp videos. If people find them useful or of value, great. It doesn't excuse what he did. Because you're famous or even pseduo-famous doesn't mean you're above the rules or law.

Those wanting to point the finger at the others in his guild as being the ones to blame need to remember one very important thing ... that without his YouTube popularity creating his fanbase, the servers never would have come down. And once he realized what happened the first time, he CHOSE not to do the responsible thing and call it off. He may not have been the one "directing traffic" but he was what the thousands were there to see. A shame he didn't have the sense to walk away after the first crash.

Then he would have been believeable, at least until he edited in that "Please don't crash the servers" bit in next-days-clothing.

Whatever.

You're now returned to your same old WoW where the inmates do seem to run the asylum.

Thanks Blizz. This community you've let fester is the one true black mark in my book over the last decade plus of enjoying your titles and with battle.net's intergration across your titles, gives me little hope that you'll manage the community of project Titan any better.

And if this is an example of the kinds of stunts Razor supports of those pushing their products then <expletive> them. I've been happy with my M$ keyboards and Logitech mice up till now but have eyed Razor's product line anytime I've had to get a new peripheral. Now, I've see zero reason to ever give them a penny. So good job Razor ... you've apparently chosen wisely ... not.

Jeez, man. By time I read these, two more pages of thread pop up :/