Actions for Recent Realm Disruptions

Customer Support
Prev 1 3 4 5 76 Next
07/18/2011 10:15 PMPosted by Jadden

I seriously doubt we will hear anything about that in particular. It's between Razer, Blizzard, and those "certain members".

I think we should as many of us feel that certain member's received special treatment just because they have a corporate sponsor.

I also feel that if any consideration was given to a player just because of a sponsorship by a company that makes items to use on a PC for any game, not just WoW, it sets a very bad standard.

I, for one, will still be leaving the game regardless. Proper actions for interruption of service and for lack of playtime should be swift and defined so that the community at large understands there are limits to what is acceptable. Allowing for a reduction of punishment because of a connection to a company is very disturbing and allows for a double standard which is not acceptable in many normal circumstances.
Damn Anthem, like to type don't ya buddy?
07/18/2011 10:18 PMPosted by Artik

:/
07/18/2011 10:18 PMPosted by Artik

He has to type, otherwise we'll never get the word out that, while the incident today involving the server crashing was a big issue, ultimately 4.2 was lacking in content.
07/18/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Bashiok
While an exception was made in this case,

07/18/2011 10:17 PMPosted by Bashiok
If by diligently they mean their community manager texted me after we had already begun the process to reverse the ban and contact those involved, then yes, they were a big help. ;)

From the sounds of it, Razer pressured you all to make an "exception" in this case.

As has been said, there are now two sets of rules in this game. One for those who can afford to pay Blizzard off, and one for the rest of us.

My Eyes!!! My beautiful eyes!!!!

Heh, yeah sorry about that. Clicked submit before I saw that it removed all my line breaks. Deleted original and edited.
07/18/2011 10:17 PMPosted by Bashiok
Bashiok, will you please comment on what Razers participation was in regards to getting certain members unbanned? They clearly said on their facebook page that they were working diligently with Blizzard to do that.

If by diligently they mean their community manager texted me after we had already begun the process to reverse the ban and contact those involved, then yes, they were a big help. ;)

Is it possible to get a comment as to what led you to change your mind?

Were other parties found to be running the show, basically taking advantage of his presence there?

A nice little group of us would like to know why there appears to be a double standard based on popularity.

What was the decision to reverse the ban based on.

Facts plx.

Doubt they will release the details because of privacy reasons to those involved. Best guess, they did the perma bans for a "Quick fix" then went in and did more in-depth detective work to determine those who were at fault and those who were just victims of chance.

Edit: And if the post is any indication...they're still doing the detective stuff now...
Nice one blizzard.
This is the one time Blizzard should be letting the community know that they handed out punishment. They did it well by not calling out individual names, but saying they were investigating.

Well played Blizzard, well played.

Bashoik hope you are getting over time for this, its late in CA right now.
I'm sure he's having to make a formal apology to the community or something for it. That's all there is to it, I'm not mad at all. He learned his lesson, he'll be more careful next time. If he screws up again I'm sure he'll be toast. Bliz did the right thing here.
Does Blizzard have any concerns that by appearance..they caved to stop people from crashing the Darkspear server...and have by proxy given a green light to this form of protest when people want something?
Very disappointed in this decision... there are now two sets of rules... one for certain types of players and one for the rest of us.
Account cancelled.

good riddance. see you in a week

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
Ban all those who DDOSed, they acted violently, and should have just petitioned.

Let Swifty keep his account, he didn't intentionally crash the server, and the next two crashes were done by Zybak.

What was the decision to reverse the ban based on.

Facts plx.

Doubt they will release the details because of privacy reasons to those involved. Best guess, they did the perma bans for a "Quick fix" then went in and did more in-depth detective work to determine those who were at fault and those who were just victims of chance.

Edit: And if the post is any indication...they're still doing the detective stuff now...

This here's a pretty rational argument.
07/18/2011 10:19 PMPosted by Ridoeth

He has to type, otherwise we'll never get the word out that, while the incident today involving the server crashing was a big issue, ultimately 4.2 was lacking in content.

So....everyone should make a wall of text to try to get their point acrossed?

/gasp

So that's how Swifty got unbanned