Actions for Recent Realm Disruptions

Customer Support
Prev 1 6 7 8 76 Next
So Blizz knee jerked this situtation and caused how many server crashes today ? Well done Blizz .Guess maybe that GM should get a job bann for causing all the server crashes today ? This game has gone to total @#!*e in the past year . A guy who positively promotes wow gameplay on his youtube videos gets banned for a server crash . Big fing deal . I guess you should bann yourselfs when my server crashes on patch days repeatedly . At least I can say good job freeing Switfy today but cant say much for your in game progress these days . Looking for a new way to spend my $30 monthly now . Long Live Swifty
07/18/2011 10:25 PMPosted by Bashiok
Does Blizzard have any concerns that by appearance..they caved to stop people from crashing the Darkspear server...and have by proxy given a green light to this form of protest when people want something?

None at all. We took appropriate measures to review existing suspensions and address them appropriately, and as stated in the original message, anyone found to be involved with intentionally disrupting the service will be receiving the appropriate action taken against them.

I think there are situations where people are very loud about something, they happen to be right, and we address those situations appropriately. But one doesn't influence the other. We're more than willing to make unpopular decisions if they're the right ones to make.

Time will tell if you truly mean that Blizzard is willing to take a subscription hit to up hold your integrity and your rules.
From where I sit, it doesn't appear to be that way.
I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in Blizzard today, not that it matters much in the grand scheme of things. I'm just one person. I don't have a fan base or a sponsor.
I'm just a regular player, who had some faith in Blizzard.
And what I've read today has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

07/18/2011 10:33 PMPosted by Hecatomb
I think it shows fair judgement to punish the ones directly responsible for the actions taken IN THE GAME, WITH THEIR CHARACTERS, and use restraint in prosecuting the actions of someone who "could have" stopped the event from OUTSIDE the game. banning Swifty would have been like bombing poland for not invading germany as they built their military before WW2.

Guys, for the love of god. Can we stop with the Godwinning...really?

This is not an analogous situation to anything other than someone being BANNED...FROM A VIDEO GAME.

This is not trench warfare.
This is not a murder trial.
This is not a troll.
This is a guy who is getting more for his 15 bucks than the rest of us.
And that is ALL IT EVER WAS.

luckily i'm just a player, and it doesnt matter a damn if i make analogies or not, i'm not the one having to explain myself to millions of customers. so kindly if you would, stfu and calm down.

None at all. We took appropriate measures to review existing suspensions and address them appropriately, and as stated in the original message, anyone found to be involved with intentionally disrupting the service will be receiving the appropriate action taken against them.

I think there are situations where people are very loud about something, they happen to be right, and we address those situations appropriately. But one doesn't influence the other. We're more than willing to make unpopular decisions if they're the right ones to make.

Dearest Bashi (with a small heart over the i dot):

I dislike repeating these questions, but I fear they might have been overlooked. The community itself is pondering some, if not all, of these questions and they need addressed:

Was this a case of celebrity justice? Just how involved is Blizzard with Razer and vice versa? These are things the community is starting to ask.

Love,

Whyvette

I just don't think that you are going to get any straight answers; when Bashiok replied to me I could almost see him rolling his eyes...just like the devs did to most questions put at them at the last Blizzcon......there is just so much arrogance, and so many double standards ...and this is why so many people are leaving WoW. I pretty much have said all I am going to on the matter, Blizzard can tell me that they are still the same and that it's me who has changed but that isn't true.

I feel that Blizzard has an overblown sense of itself and is deaf to what its customers are telling it. I miss Blizzard, and supporting a company of guys that I knew were gamers just like me.

Peace out guys.
07/18/2011 10:25 PMPosted by Bashiok

As a customer my reaction was you initially made the right decision, who you choose to hold accountable is your business. If the truth be told perhaphs multiple bans would have been better but as you stated you are reviewing who was invilved. Reviewing your decision is fine when it appears that the decision was yours, with the constant blackmail that was occuring your principals should have stayed strong as this now sends a poor message to your remaining playerbase.
07/18/2011 10:28 PMPosted by Judgementål
Thank you for taking your time to explain the situation to us Bashiok, your work is much appreciated by this WoW player.

Agreed. You guys take a lot of crap just for posting, but it's nice to get an update from someone who is actually in a position to know more than just speculation or what Youtube says.
Wow, you guys are taking this waaay to seriously...chill out...have a drink

I has candy in my van ^^
What happened to the GM? Did he go jump off a very tall building? I do hope so seeing as he was rash and Swifty did not get so much as a warning. Good thing he is back however and hopefully no more servers crashes will happen. Learn your lesson Blizz?
Am i the only one who doesnt even care or know who this random person is? I must not be "hip" or something.
Sounds like Blizzard plans to unban Swifty because of pressure from the community. Way to go Blizzard. Being a minor WoW celebrity should totally mean he gets to break the rules and avoide punishments. I guess it's your game and you can do what ever you want. I just hope none of you are ever summoned to jury duty in a case were a celebrity is involved. Not Guilty by reason of being popular.
What exactly was this all about? People were crashing servers, but why? Who is Swifty and what does he have to do with all this?
I've lost a portion of respect for Blizz personally. Instead of sticking to your guns, you bowed down to 12 year olds (who are that way either in calender years or mentality).

I'm disappointed.

I would definitely be prepared for many more people doing similar things whenever you make another unpopular decision. It's now been proven to be effective.

Dearest Bashi (with a small heart over the i dot):

I dislike repeating these questions, but I fear they might have been overlooked. The community itself is pondering some, if not all, of these questions and they need addressed:

Was this a case of celebrity justice? Just how involved is Blizzard with Razer and vice versa? These are things the community is starting to ask.

Love,

Whyvette

I just don't think that you are going to get any straight answers; when Bashiok replied to me I could almost see him rolling his eyes...just like the devs did to most questions put at them at the last Blizzcon......there is just so much arrogance, and so many double standards ...and this is why so many people are leaving WoW. I pretty much have said all I am going to on the matter, Blizzard can tell me that they are still the same and that it's me who has changed but that isn't true.

I feel that Blizzard has an overblown sense of itself and is deaf to what its customers are telling it. I miss Blizzard, and supporting a company of guys that I knew were gamers just like me.

Peace out guys.

I feel the same way. Well said.
07/18/2011 10:37 PMPosted by Foreveryours
Am i the only one who doesnt even care or know who this random person is? I must not be "hip" or something.

Your entire post is unconstructive since you admit to not knowing nor caring about the subject but still feel it necessary to chime in to say just that.

Self control isn't hard to practice.

Peace out guys.

I feel the same way. Well said.

^
If it were me, Blizz wouldn't even look back after banning me. Good thing I didn't even know about this event or my account would be perm. banned right now. WoW Celebrity gets away with blizzard rules.

Although I am happy that Swifty got his account back, I am a fan of his. Maybe everyone should become WoW Celebs so that we all will never get banned.

Peace out guys.

Well said.
Still thinking people quitting are taking it too far, but that's just me. Wait for the apology it will come.
07/18/2011 10:37 PMPosted by Thralljr
What happened to the GM? Did he go jump off a very tall building? I do hope so seeing as he was rash and Swifty did not get so much as a warning. Good thing he is back however and hopefully no more servers crashes will happen. Learn your lesson Blizz?
People like you are exactly the reason Swifty should've stayed banned. Suggesting that someone commit suicide over banning someone and then having their decision overturned? Suggesting that Blizzard should "learn [their] lesson" somehow?

I wish people who think like you did not exist, or at least weren't allowed to interact with others so as not to damage the community at large. You, and others like you, truly are a detriment to society in every way.