Actions for Recent Realm Disruptions

Customer Support
Prev 1 72 73 74 76 Next
Its over man and blizz isn't going to go back on something they just went back on that would make them look even more foolish. I love the people that are so outrage by this injustice and that he should be baned forever because he broke the rules and didn't stop it. BOHOO server went down for maybe 3 hours max probly not even, half the people flaming in this thread probly not even on the server at that time. "but he wasted our money, that 15 bucks we pay every month to have fun with!" well my advice to you is to go the local mall find a fountain grab like 2 quarters and have your refund just call it a wish come true for once.
July 19

General
The frequency at which players can use /yell, /say, and any emotes is now throttled to prevent excessive spamming of chat logs from occurring.

Well this fixes one issue!
Swifty never meant for people to crash the server, before you make any comments against him, you better have been on the livestream and there on the event. He deserved to be unbanned, as he never advocated any of that !@#$ from starting - it was a simple community event set up by him and some friends, not an invitation to crash the servers. That was pure stupidity from OTHER people.

So stop moping.
I remember when i was in college and there were two HUGE parties, one was so many people that the deck fell off of the house.
Host of the party was held responsible.

On another event an entire floor caved in an apartment, again the host of the party was held responsible.

after each circumstance neither of the hosts tried to continue their parties elswhere.

Just because you dont think you arent hurting someone, doesnt mean that yournot breaking something or breaking the rules.

If your virtual party breaks the floor of your virual apartment, you dont continue trying to have a party elsewhere, let alone 2 more times after that.

I dont buy one bit, the innocent act at all, your hero was part of it, malicious or not, he was part of and partially in control of an event that crashed two servers after having crashed one server.

End of story, by his own admission and by the "fans version" of the livestream.

It was his livestream, his event, his collateral damage.
i honestly laughed when they banned him to bad they didnt keep its a perma ban

Sorry, but that's untrue and apparently typical of the American school system. Personality disorders are extreme chronic behaviours that wreak havoc in people's lives by their very nature. The more I hear the more I believe this guy is the poster child for Histrionic PD.

wrong, people develop personality disorders in their defense throughout life, they shift constantly, and the only ones they are referring to are the extremes, we all exhibit them, you are showing Narcissistic and Passive-Aggressive

I don't believe you understand nor have dealt with anyone with these disorders therefore don't understand that they are long term chronic diseases. Exhibiting signs of a disease or disorder are not the same as actually being afflicted with same but I'm certain your high school teacher taught you this, correct?
I see three ways for this to play out. 1) Blizz acknowledges the severity of the "crime" and places a punishment that matches it. Which by the way doesn't seem to be happening. A 12-18hr suspension for crashing 3 servers?! I really hope swifty and those who spammed in trade get more. 2) Using a double standard and giving those involved, including Swifty, a weak punishment. This will no doubt show the benefit to crashing servers outweighs the risk of punishment. Or 3) Blizz will go on their merry way and hope this thread dies out.

To Bash and the other blues reading this thread. Prove to us there wasn't a conspiracy. Because as it stands, there seems to be two types of players in this game. The second class players and the famous.

For the record, I felt a perma ban was extreme. But not getting a punishment that matches the severity of the situation is also extreme.
Swifty never meant for people to crash the server, before you make any comments against him, you better have been on the livestream and there on the event. He deserved to be unbanned, as he never advocated any of that !@#$ from starting - it was a simple community event set up by him and some friends, not an invitation to crash the servers. That was pure stupidity from OTHER people.

So stop moping

He joined the event knowing fully what was going to happen. the only thing he didnt figure on was him being banned.

/quick make doctored sob story video with sappy music
yeah i mean how are jerks like swifty gonna learn if they get off easy they should re ban him
I remember when i was in college and there were two HUGE parties, one was so many people that the deck fell off of the house.

On another event an entire floor caved in an apartment, again the host of the party was held responsible.

after each circumstance neither of the hosts tried to continue their parties elswhere.

Just because you dont think you arent hurting someone, doesnt mean that yournot breaking something or breaking the rules.

If your virtual party breaks the floor of your virual apartment, you dont continue trying to have a party elsewhere, let alone 2 more times after that.

I dont buy one bit, the innocent act at all, your hero was part of it, malicious or not, he was part of and partially in control of an event that crashed two servers after having crashed one server.

two things, first, it wasnt the dudes party that made it his responsibility, its because he owned the property, and if he didnt, he had a written contract that transfers the responsibility from the owner to him, in this situation, blizzard is the owner of the home, and they aren't responsible for this. Second, stop talking about people dying, nobody died, im sorry your gaming experience is ruined, but it comes no where near something like that.

What were the punishments?

So stop moping.

So... you're saying that he orchestrated it, but it's not his fault because other people showed up? I don't mean to invoke Godwin's law, but if someone decides to schedule a disruptive event, and that event happens, and it leads to injuries or loss, then it is the orchestrators' fault.

There is a carefully guarded difference between a sit-in, and a riot. One is passive and demonstrates dissidence. The other represents a willful disregard for others by forcing them to become involved in the dispute.

We're not talking about someone coming to the forums and generating support for their concerns. As I recall, it worked pretty well where Real ID was concerned about a year back. Blizzard wasn't happy about it, but they did listen. There was no excuse for the public disruption that led to a disruption in service for the entire player population on those servers. It only proves that dollars are more important to them than the community they claim to cherish and support.
I found a post made by a player who alerted blizzard to this rubbish last night.

I am incredibly disappointed that blizzard overturned their decision to ban Swifty and/or any other accomplices.

This is a direct message to the general public that its ok to do whatever you want as long as you got the contacts.

We as the general public would like insight into why we now have to continue to put up with not just this Swifty character but all guilds and 'famous' youtube celebrities to use the game in a different manner other than its intended use.

Basically this fan crap is turning this game into a tv series.

The post

"What the heck.. It's cool if you accidentally crash a server if you make an invasion or whatever. But I'm on their live stream, and they're literally aiming at crashing servers on purpose. "Lets go crash Tichondrius for giving us a lot of crap!" They've crashed 3 servers so far, probably will do around 10 more. At the moment they're choosing the next one, ha. Isn't this abusive? If they don't get banned for crashing Blizz's own servers, I don't know what will. Maybe because Swifty is really famous he's immune to bans or something? Unfair, Blizz! >:l

http://www.justin.tv/daramactire#/w/1478151280
^ The live stream. At the moment it is 10:30 7/15/2011
*Update* They're crashing new server now."

It can be found here
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:mPW7NaUDhfAJ:us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2842435389%3Fpage%3D1+Ban+Swifty+and+his+guild!&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&source=www.google.com

I have to bring this back up. This evidence can't be ignored.

Look at it, look at the blatant laughing and amusement they get for crashing servers for their own amusement. Look at the fanboys saying to not ban him cause he's "cool"

Look what you did Blizzard, look at how all you did was reinforce the feeling that they are right. All you did was make this community and game worse.

linking to their channel isn't helping your case, dont make me watch all those videos to see any evidence here, in other words, get to the point

two things, first, it wasnt the dudes party that made it his responsibility, its because he owned the property, and if he didnt, he had a written contract that transfers the responsibility from the owner to him, in this situation, blizzard is the owner of the home, and they aren't responsible for this. Second, stop talking about people dying, nobody died, im sorry your gaming experience is ruined, but it comes no where near something like that.

GOTCHA, both were renters!
Just like your hero!
------------------------------
I think one got charged with endangering the public welfare, disturbing the peace, noise violation, distributing alcohol to minors, the other got charged with willful destruction of property, endangering public welfare, criminal neglect.
I think one wound up with hefty fines and 2yrs CS while the other was jailed for 6months and had fines. OF course most of the party goers were charged with DiP and such, both the hosts of the party and the folks that helped them put it on were evicted as well.

@ Malacress: /salute

So stop moping.

So... you're saying that he orchestrated it, but it's not his fault because other people showed up? I don't mean to invoke Godwin's law, but if someone decides to schedule a disruptive event, and that event happens, and it leads to injuries or loss, then it is the orchestrators' fault.

There is a carefully guarded difference between a sit-in, and a riot. One is passive and demonstrates dissidence. The other represents a willful disregard for others by forcing them to become involved in the dispute.

We're not talking about someone coming to the forums and generating support for their concerns. As I recall, it worked pretty well where Real ID was concerned about a year back. Blizzard wasn't happy about it, but they did listen. There was no excuse for the public disruption that led to a disruption in service for the entire player population on those servers. It only proves that dollars are more important to them than the community they claim to cherish and support.

I bolded the issue with your argument. I'm prety sure he didn't sit there and go well I want to crash servers so I'm gona host a live stream and give away free stuff on three different servers to crash them.....

GOTCHA, both were renters!
Just like your hero!
------------------------------
I think one got charged with endangering the public welfare, disturbing the peace, noise violation, distributing alcohol to minors, the other got charged with willful destruction of property, endangering public welfare, criminal neglect.
I think one wound up with hefty fines and 2yrs CS while the other was jailed for 6months and had fines. OF course most of the party goers were charged with DiP and such, both the hosts of the party and the folks that helped them put it on were evicted as well.

@ Malacress: /salute
where's the contract bro
i watched his video and livestream he knew the consequences of what was happening it was his leading of the group therefore he is responsible for the server crash not 1 or 2 but three.

Aww he had played his toon for six years how many other players of WoW have played the same character put the same amount of effort in and made one little mistake and got perma banned and got the same treatment.

begin list now.

i can't think of any.

what make this event so different?