Actions for Recent Realm Disruptions

Customer Support
Prev 1 7 8 9 76 Next
07/18/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Bashiok
We’re dedicated to providing a fun, stable, reliable gameplay environment for our players.

While an exception was made in this case,

Maybe it's too little sleep or too much coffee, but the latter seems to render the "dedication" of the former a bit dubious, at best. I don't really expect the reasons why the exception was made will ever really be explained beyond this interesting little PR package, but from where I am standing, it looks like a sellout. Working as intended? I sincerely doubt that.

Have fun and please remember to play responsibly.

Because if you don't, you'll have to try rallying mass level one riots by posting heavily-edited sadface time complete with a soulful soundtrack.

07/18/2011 10:25 PMPosted by Bashiok
I think there are situations where people are very loud about something, they happen to be right, and we address those situations appropriately.

With that line of thought, it's a wonder anyone will get banned for holding Darkspear hostage at all. They were only there being loud about being right....right?

07/18/2011 10:37 PMPosted by Thralljr
Good thing he is back however and hopefully no more servers crashes will happen. Learn your lesson Blizz?

This is the problem. Your reversal makes it look like the masses that locked down a server win. This is probably something Blizzard will never be able to reverse. Even if you temp ban the people who locked down that server, they still won.
07/18/2011 10:41 PMPosted by Lesli
What happened to the GM? Did he go jump off a very tall building? I do hope so seeing as he was rash and Swifty did not get so much as a warning. Good thing he is back however and hopefully no more servers crashes will happen. Learn your lesson Blizz?
People like you are exactly the reason Swifty should've stayed banned. Suggesting that someone commit suicide over banning someone and then having their decision overturned? Suggesting that Blizzard should "learn [their] lesson" somehow?

I wish people who think like you did not exist, or at least weren't allowed to interact with others so as not to damage the community at large. You, and others like you, truly are a detriment to society in every way.

word.
We recently monitored a situation where a large number of players intentionally disrupted access to multiple realms by gathering together and mass-spamming game emotes. In some cases, individual players spammed an emote upwards of 30,000 times.

As a result, some accounts found to be active participants in this activity were permanently banned. Upon further review, we have made the determination to reduce some of these permanent bans to temporary suspensions. We’re currently in the process of identifying all offenders who acted to purposefully disrupt game service and will administer proper action to each participating account.

We’re dedicated to providing a fun, stable, reliable gameplay environment for our players. While an exception was made in this case, accountholders who intentionally participate in events that contribute to realm instability will be subject to significant account actions, up to and including a permanent vacation from the game.

Please keep discussions related to this action within this thread. Related discussions outside of this thread will be locked, deleted, and/or fed to Murlocs.

Have fun and please remember to play responsibly.

This is absolutely outrageous. Anyone goes and stages this kind of attack on your server and you KNOW they'll get permanently banned. But just because it's some worthless e-celeb (yet still a nobody, make no mistake), you cave in and let them get away with a slap on the wrist.

It's good to know Blizzard can't take the strong stance anymore.

$$$$$$
I'm a bit quesy, talking about this topic...
this is probably because i was among the darkspear protestors of swifty's ban.

To those of darkspear, im terribly sorry for my extreme actions.

Much like swifty, i'm scared to death of being banned, for fear of losing all that i've worked on.
For swifty, it's all the work he has done in mastering everything we know about pvp, and teaching it to others.
for me, it's my source of inspiration for a novel that im writing. I could never finish my book if my battle.net account was banned, everything I write comes directly from the incredible experience i have in Cortex RP.
Bashiok, u saw my 200+ paged thread haha.
What happened to the GM? Did he go jump off a very tall building? I do hope so seeing as he was rash and Swifty did not get so much as a warning. Good thing he is back however and hopefully no more servers crashes will happen. Learn your lesson Blizz?

And that's what many of us are afraid of.
The fan boys have taught Blizzard a lesson..and they appear to have learned it.
This type of behavior appears to be sanctioned and will happen again.
From the other thread because it got locked before I could post...

Atlas Shrugged is the epitome of Objectivism, not Narcissism.

And Objectivism is nothing more than Anti-Altruistic fascism, that bigots and selfish Dilettants subscribe to.

Actually if you read some of her books your stance on Objectivism might change.

Basically what I got from reading her books is that I (as in the individual) is more important then you (as in others)

Thus if you are in favor of minority rights then you must hold Individual rights in a higher regard because the individual is the smallest minority that there is. It is a philosophy that says people should be dealt with on an individual basis, not on the color of their skin or their religion or their race. It is the EXACT OPPOSITE of bigotry.

It is a philosophy of true equality. It says people should stop pretending everybody has the same exact abilities, rather we should treat people equally in regard to basic human rights yet treat them as individuals. If we did that I truly believe a lot of the social problems we currently face would go away.

Also there is absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting to help people who aren't willing to help themselves, or just want a free hand out. If you read the books you will see that Ayn Rand advocated a type of help where people actually earned what they were getting.

Ayn rand also argues that true altruistic don't exist in the world since people who advocate charity gain pleasure from giving and thus it isn't altruism which requires you help somebody without gaining any benefit, and pleasure is a benefit.

In other words Ayn Rands real problem was with forced charity. where people's right to choose was removed and they were forced to do something that they did not agree with.

And you know that really isn't a big surprise considering she lived through the Russian Revolution.

Also I'm a bit puzzled why people think it is wrong for people to say that I believe I am more important (to myself) then other people are to me. ISn't anybody who disagreeing with that basically saying that they believe that they are more important then I am? and thus in their own what I (them) are more important then you (which in this case would be me) which is exactly what I am saying, only the perspective is reversed. Can somebody please explain why it is wrong for me to say that, but it isn't wrong for you?

Also if that makes me narcissistic and that is "wrong" then doesn't that also make you narcissistic? Please prove that you aren't or that somebody isn't.

My philosophy is a philosophy is self improvement your philosophy is a philosophy of self sacrifice... and the last time I checked suicide was considered a sin by every major religion.

My philosophy is one of self responsibility, not shifting the blame to others. This is why I personally believe Swifty should remain banned because it was his actions which started the whole chain of events. Yes I also believe the people who did the actual spamming should be banned. However when you are the leader of a group and you do nothing to quell a potential problem before it gets out of hand then yes you are responsible. Should he have gotten a permanent ban if this was his first offense? No but if he had other issues before which caused him to move up the penalty volcano then yeah a permanent ban was warranted. The people who were massively spamming the chat macros should get permanent bans even if it was their first offense, especially if they participated in crashing more then 1 server.

Now truthfully I don't agree with everything Ayn Rand says, but I agree with enough to call myself an Objectivest, yet honestly you won't meet a kinder or nicer person then me, as long as you don't try to use or abuse me or by abilities. You will never meet a bigger advocate of justice, playing fair and respecting those who deserve it then I. But go ahead and call me a bad person if it makes you feel better simply because I put my needs and wants above others, and I understand and expect others to put their own needs and wants above mine.

In game terms this means of course that I consider my fun to be more important then your fun when only one of us can have fun. So if I am enjoying playing the game which doesn't break the ToS, but you are enjoying crashing the Server which is against the ToS, guess who I am going to support? that is right the people not breaking the ToS.

Now then it comes to things like killing tamable rares and whatnot? If somebody is having fun doing that since neither is against the ToS it is a first come first serve. The same for winning gear in randoms the dice will decide if multiple people want the gear, and yes I take people at their word that they plan on using it. I don't get paranoid and check their current gear or care what they queued as. To me their word is their bond, and a need roll signifies their word. If a person actually cares so little about their own honesty that they are willing to lie about some virtual items in a video game, then so be it.
07/18/2011 10:33 PMPosted by Døømslayer
I just want a concrete reason why the Swifty ban was reversed and I'll be happy.

Go read the CS forums. You'll see that perma bans are lifted after an appeal now and then. Sometimes it's due to a mistake on the GM's part.

You would also see that Blizzard bans first and asks questions later. The fact that he was shut down durring the event was inevitable. The message of being perma banned could have been a mistake (responses to tickets have been known to contain incorrect copy/paste responses)

You all can speculate all day as to why they unbanned him.

It could be that he hasn't climbed high enough on the penalty volcano.

It could be that this whole incident was a publicity stunt to get more people to see his video's and Razors products.

07/18/2011 10:41 PMPosted by Solzen
Still thinking people quitting are taking it too far, but that's just me. Wait for the apology it will come.

Apology or not I really don't think it matters much to those who are leaving because of the way this is being handled and the double standards that are being shown.

I've been playing this game a long time. Probably longer than I should have but they have lost good players who were interested in continuing this journey to the end and now won't because they have lost all interest in supporting a company that won't enforce their policies appropriately.
People like you are exactly the reason Swifty should've stayed banned. Suggesting that someone commit suicide over banning someone and then having their decision overturned? Suggesting that Blizzard should "learn [their] lesson" somehow?

I wish people who think like you did not exist, or at least weren't allowed to interact with others so as not to damage the community at large. You, and others like you, truly are a detriment to society in every way.

Personal attacks don't lend your point of view any real credit.
The cover up is always worse than the crime. Congrats.
Actually if you read some of her books your stance on Objectivism might change....

You know whats objective? My analysis of patch 4.2's content. Its lacking.
This is absolutely outrageous. Anyone goes and stages this kind of attack on your server and you KNOW they'll get permanently banned. But just because it's some worthless e-celeb (yet still a nobody, make no mistake), you cave in and let them get away with a slap on the wrist.

It's good to know Blizzard can't take the strong stance anymore.

$$$$$$

Well don't forget, an entire server was completely incapable of playing thanks to people repeatedly crashing it in protest.... Now, EVERYONE was warned
07/18/2011 10:26 PMPosted by Hecatomb
I want and deserve facts
Except you don't. Not when they concern another player. No more than some random player deserves to know the whys and wherefores of your account penalties.

To be blunt, it's none of your damn business.
He was unjustly punished too harshly, and luckily his renown within the community was great enough to give him a large voice. If he was a nobody then nobody would have cared and the injustice of a permanent ban would have gone without a word.

We the people don't like it when one of us gets treated unfairly, and it's not his fault that he happens to be well known among World of Warcraft players, it only means that he's in a better position than other regular players to have an unreasonable charge dropped to something lighter and more appropriate.

Thank you for admitting you made a mistake with this situation, my respect for your company is in a good place again Blizzard.

Mistake lol? I think you missed the fact where he did it on purpose. Bringing an entire server down is no joking matter. You just forced a lot of people out of the game, wasted their time and money. IT wasn't a mistake, it was a slap on the wrist. He won't do it again.