Ask The Devs #11 - Healing (Answers)

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 21 Next
AoE Heal =/= Smart heal. The question was most likely concerning wasted PoM charges and smites.

Edit: Okay maybe some AoE heals are smart heals, but I think they missed the point.

I would recommend re-reading the actual answer. At least when I read it, I didn't see any confusion between smart heal and aoe heal. Read the question closely as well.
I like. I especially like the "future" idea for disc priests (castable, big absorb). And, as my main is mah shaman, I'm glad that the devs are happy with them right now. So am I.
Q- Water Shield is annoying to keep up. Plans for fix it?
A - No. Shaman are fine.

Q - Make smart heals smarter?
A - Eh we'd like to I guess. Workin' on it.

Q - Niche healing...what's the deal?
A - Healers are fine, they can all do everything to varying degrees.

Q - New healing class someday?
A - Maybe.

Q - Can Disc get more shields?
A - Probably not.

Q - Healing feels like playing whack-a-mole and having to dispel and heal is a pain.
A - That's healing, it's fine.

Q - Everyone blames healers for deaths.
A - It usually is their fault.

Q - Everyone has lots of mana now.
A - It's fine.

Q - Holy Priest raid CD?
A - No.

Q - Think healers are balanced?
A - Yes.

Q - What's the deal with all the self-heals and self-heal imbalance?
A - It's fine.

Q - Think crit is good after 4.2?
A - It's better, still probably not great.

Q - Like the 3-heal model?
A - Yes.

Soooo you're not gonna tell us why there isn't any cloth spirit in FL?
That's a gear/itemization question, not a healing class question.

And one that they addressed already anyway.
A: You can make the argument that the Holy priest doesn’t have a similar raid cooldown like Power Word: Barrier, or that Divine Hymn isn’t as powerful as Tranquility. However, we feel the Holy priest toolkit overall is strong, that they provide meaningful contributions to raid healing, and are well represented in actual raid groups. It’s possible we may make Divine Hymn more of a Holy (rather than Discipline) priest thing in the future, and bump it up to around where Tranquility is, if the need presents itself. Overall, Holy priests are fine. They have enough benefits that few guilds seem to be sitting them for want of yet another raid cooldown, and Guardian Spirit remains an exceptional tank cooldown.

Wow. I'm sorry, Holy Priests =(

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this Q&A for the most part. Not too many questions that shouldn't have been there, and such. And it wasn't dominated by one class like the DPS Q&A.

But they really need to take another close look at Holy Priests. Between the gear situation, and the lack of a 3 minute raid CD, this is going to be a bad tier for them. And Guardian Spirit doesn't always work.
Guess what fellow priest, Holy is fine, blizzard says so, think about that when they bring in a Disc priest or Resto druid over you.
When I first looked at the loot tables, I didn't really care that there was no spirit cloth in Firelands. I kind of shrugged and thought "eh, I can just reforge that haste/crit into spirit, no big deal"
Then I got booted from a FL trash run for rolling on a "caster dps" piece. It did not have hit on it.
For those that think that every single priest is simply whining because of the lack of spirit, it simply isn't true. If I want spirit that badly, I will run trolls (even though the idea of it makes me cringe)
What I want is to be able to run Firelands and roll on spiritless gear without causing issues with my guild or raid groups. It's not as big of a deal in my guild, but the one time it happened, the general feeling amongst the group was that they "allowed poor Rose to roll" and I felt like I owed the mage, as if he did me a big favor by allowing me to roll on "his gear"
This is mainly what I would like to see addressed.
It is fair that priests are limited in getting their optimal only via valor? No.
But I don't really care to sit around whining about what is fair.

An easy solution would be to throw a trivial amount of spirit on a few pieces. Just enough to make it a recognizable healing piece. Priests will still likely roll on spiritless pieces as well, but nowhere near as often, causing way less discontent amongst raiding groups.
Most priests would rather wait and hope for that healing piece and bypass the spiritless drops.
I feel like I can still be a good healer without stacking spirit, if I chose to raid for my gear rather than farm valor. I just don't want to cause strife within my raiding groups. That is just way too many rolling on the same piece.
Soooo you're not gonna tell us why there isn't any cloth spirit in FL?
That's a gear/itemization question, not a healing class question.

And one that they addressed already anyway.

No, they didn't, unless a (loosely paraphrased) "l2p, noobs" counts as addressing it.

That said, they wouldn't have addressed it here either, so I'm almost glad it's not taking up space.
*shakes head*

I am tempted just to switch my shadow spec to disc on my priest today.
Reforge
07/15/2011 09:22 AMPosted by Kaivax
If Balance druids have similar challenges, then we’d look for solutions for them as well, but they would hopefully be unique or at least kit-appropriate solutions.

balance druids do have survivability issues, and hots are an easy and flavorful way to help that.
07/15/2011 10:52 AMPosted by Aluarose
When I first looked at the loot tables, I didn't really care that there was no spirit cloth in Firelands. I kind of shrugged and thought "eh, I can just reforge that haste/crit into spirit, no big deal"

I only have a mage to go against for rolls for Fireland content. The boots dropped of Shannox Wednesday and I pretty much went "She can have them." :\ I like my spirit boots on my priest.
Blizzard seems to be forcing priests into playing ROFLBubble....
/facepalm
Also, shammy healers ##!@#ing? Shammys are by FAR the strongest healers in every conceivable way.
Well... guess I am changing my holy spec to shadow, or abandoning my priest altogether.

People don't want holy in FL, and quite often don't want disc either.

According to Blizz, this is working as intended, or too difficult of a question for them to answer.

I'm really just baffled.

It's like they only chose questions where everyone already knew the answer, and finally when I see an insightful question... they do everything to NOT answer it.

Thanks for nothing, Blizz.
07/15/2011 10:57 AMPosted by Nathas
Also, shammy healers ##!@#ing? Shammys are by FAR the strongest healers in every conceivable way.

Arenas != "every conceivable way."
I read the whole thing and I did not see anything that would deal with the problem of players in a group or raid treating the healers like they are the scum of Azeroth.

therefore I will continue to not heal anything.

Blizz say's it's fine and doesn't happen anymore and because they say it.. it must be true.

Cause I'm sure not getting blamed for people standing in fire anymore... yeah, right....

</sarcasm>

I've shelved all of my priests. Healing used to be a part of the game I enjoyed... since Cata I no longer enjoy it so I'll no longer do it.

*Oh and Holy not getting benched for Disc:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha~!
really disappointed with the answers. they werent answers - it was just blizzard further discussing these topics.

My biggest concern is divine hymn, it's broken. tranquilty heals 5 x secs and divine heals 3 x secs but has a much larger cd - why not keep the cd the same but heal all x secs. Now its a cd that can save a raid and its cd is justified. Right now tranquility saves a raid and divine hymn does not.
The question to answer ratio sucks.