[BUG] Masterwork elementium deathblade speed

Bug Report
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
Dear Blizzard,

I just bought this Masterwork Elementium Deathblade from the auction house. When I bought it, the speed listed on the weapon read 3.8 speed. When I got the weapon into my inventory, the weapon speed read 3.8 speed. When I equipped the weapon, I get 3.5 speed? No where on the PLANET would this be considered ok. I paid for a 3.8 speed weapon and I expect a 3.8 speed weapon in my main hand. This is called "false advertising" and can get you sued if you did this in the world we live in. I would not have purchased the weapon if it had a 3.5 attack speed. This is a mistake of your doing and Blizzard, as a company, must own up to the mistake and either refund the mats or gold cost for aquiring the weapon on a case by case basis or change the actual weapon speed to 3.8 like it currently states on the weapon right now.

Also, I feel it's really lame to re-use an existing model for this weapon. I can live with it, but it shows poor judgement by your item creators. It's lazy and not what I expect from Blizzard.

Awaiting your reply Mr. Blue.
bump for reply
I just got an "it's working as intended" reply from a GM. I really don't understand how they can dismiss this issue so casually!
they are only saying that cause they cant do anything about it. And wont till next patch.
Bump in hopes of a reply.
07/21/2011 11:49 PMPosted by Olvan
I just got an "it's working as intended" reply from a GM. I really don't understand how they can dismiss this issue so casually!

This is because the Game Masters are not the Game Developers. All they know is that there was a "nerf" that was intended and they are going with that.

I honestly think the weapon got double nerfed on accident. I would love for CS to check into this possibility.

Also change the model to the same model as Fang of the Leviathan, please.
Bump for acknowledgement.

I specifically set out on the rep grind for this item and you've changed it right when it becomes available or knowingly never mentioned the change. What a disrespectful way to treat your customers.
Generally speaking, Blizzard has only ever offered compensation for their own mistakes; such as the recent PvP/honor incidents. However, compensation has never been awarded for bugs (such as an incorrect display on a tooltip, as it's usually caused by local data taint) or a simple item change.

Even if compensation were to be awarded, it's not at QA's discretion to do so. Compensation isn't a bug. It used to be that requests for compensation were to be directed to the suggestions forum, however there isn't one of those anymore - making the best place to lodge such a request the General discussion forum.

Done:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2878698161?page=1
What the hell blizzard. I crafted two of these before knowing they were gimped ,and ignored the other daily vendor that I wanted to unlock first so I could waste 300 gold on this mess. The best part is you are probably going to just fix the tooltip so not only will i have wasted my money , I won't even be able to trick some other poor soul into buying them. At least I didn't equip them right away ,because then I wouldn't get any of my money back.
I just love the silence from Blizzard on this issue.

Do tell Blues if the sword was always intended to be 3.5 speed then exactly who did you intend to use it?

That would be a very interesting explanation to hear.
i bought this specifically because it was a large gain in top end dmg from being a 3.8 speed.

If the speed is really a 3.5 and a reduction of 250 top end dmg from the toolstip occurs, then this was hardly an upgrade at all. Haste is nearly worthless for warriors and ret paladins, top end is important.

If the wowarmory link is the correct stats, and the ingame stats are wrong, then I would NOT have spent 10k gold to have this crafted and want my gold back.
07/22/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Cadenbrie

I spoke to a GM in game about it a few days back and all I got was that the "nerf was intended".

Yet I honestly think the item was accidently double nerfed from its original ~3200 top end damage down to ~3000 top end damage and then down to ~2800 top end damage.
I received another GM respnse. He "un-soulbound" the sword for me and removed my Landslide enchant and put both in the mail for me. I re-posted the sword and just sold it for 2K more than I bought it for. I'd like to shout out to Game Master Tryanekkus who was very helpful and understanding and I am happy with my resolution. I wish you all the best and I hope you all receive similar help with this Level 379 Fail.
07/22/2011 03:04 PMPosted by Olvan
I received another GM respnse. He "un-soulbound" the sword for me and removed my Landslide enchant and put both in the mail for me. I re-posted the sword and just sold it for 2K more than I bought it for. I'd like to shout out to Game Master Tryanekkus who was very helpful and understanding and I am happy with my resolution. I wish you all the best and I hope you all receive similar help with this Level 379 Fail.

so you screwed over some other poor schmuck that thinks they got 3.8 sword with a worthwhile upgrade to top end damage instead of a piece of carp not worth the crafting mats

you sir, are no better than blizzard
07/22/2011 02:39 PMPosted by Kahk

I spoke to a GM in game about it a few days back and all I got was that the "nerf was intended".

Yet I honestly think the item was accidently double nerfed from its original ~3200 top end damage down to ~3000 top end damage and then down to ~2800 top end damage.

I'm wondering if this is what's happened as well.
07/22/2011 04:49 PMPosted by Ghatok

I'm wondering if this is what's happened as well.

And I totally get why they would have nerfed it from the ~3200 top end damage to ~3000, being the same as the weapon from Shannox, but there is no reason at all for the nerf down to ~2800 top end damage.
bump for blue
After speaking with 2 GM's, both have confirmed the tooltip will be updated to match the actual stats of the weapon (3.5 speed), and they cannot and will not refund the materials used. So everyone who made the weapon based on the IN-GAME TOOLTIP must live with their mistake.
The update will happen some time within the next 2 weeks so more people can waste their time and money.

In short, a failure yet again not only in Blizzard's QA department, but a failure in their ability to rectify a legitimate situation.