[BUG] Masterwork elementium deathblade speed

Bug Report
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next

Wait, does this mean it's fixed?

Nope, GM didn't know what they were talking about. Just logged in and double checked.
Akirus is showing 3.50 on doll, MED is showing 3.37 (Numbers are with haste).
MED is still 3.5 speed with lower damage range.

I have left the weapon equipped so that ppl can see the speed and damage in my armory stats.

GM's rarely know what they're talking about when it comes to things like this.

Which is why it would be nice to hear from a Blue on the issue, and we still haven't.
so my 2 day wait ticket got answered while I was offline, lol 2 days happened to be less than 2 hours. this is wat the gm said:

"The Masterwork Elementium Deathblade in a recent hotfix to the stats you're seeing now. The wowhead version is simply not updated to this changesince they use datamining to pull it. Once they update their database it should reflect the same."

link to screenshot (I suck at this :P):
http://imageshack.us/f/707/ticketze.jpg/

So the wep should indeed be a 3.8 speed as displayed in game. thank you to the GM that answered to this quickly :)

Here's to hoping they fix it!
well let's hope this "hotfix" comes out soon, assuming it hasen't already since the wep is still 3.5 speed. Also, hopefully he didn't miss read and think it's the 3.5 speed ingame.
Daily bump.
Please do the right thing and restore this weapon to it's stated ingame tooltip.

edit: the tooltip that was used to entice us into doing days of dailies to get the recipe.
To the top with you!
Lets keep this up top folks, at least until we get a clear answer.
Swords aren't selling now that people know about this.

GG Blizzard, way to screw us crafters over.
Please fix this Blizzard.

Is 11 hours between bumps spam?
Bump

No, it's not spam, but posting bump in a thread is still considered naughty around the Bug Report Forums.

Bump! Sticky, posted by Sapperwix:

It's okay to bump a thread if you have something to add, even if it's simply "I'm experiencing this issue as well." That helps me gauge how widespread an issue is. One poster brute-forcing an issue to the top of the list doesn't help me and therefore doesn't help you.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127128120
Bump

No, it's not spam, but posting bump in a thread is still considered naughty around the Bug Report Forums.

Bump! Sticky, posted by Sapperwix:

It's okay to bump a thread if you have something to add, even if it's simply "I'm experiencing this issue as well." That helps me gauge how widespread an issue is. One poster brute-forcing an issue to the top of the list doesn't help me and therefore doesn't help you.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127128120">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127128120</a>

Thanks for the info.
My ticket received a similar response - although if it remains a 3.50 weapon I'd just rather have the mats back, would be fairly easy since I crafted and equipped the weapon for a GM to just delete it from my inventory and mail me the mats. Not going to be happy if I get stuck with this POS....
Monday bump in hopes of something... anything blues?
Damn i sure hope a we get a blue response soon...just had two of these made.
I too am experiencing this bug. Is there any definitive news on whether they are fixing it yet?

It would be nice to know before the next raid reset so that if the shannox upgrades drop we know whether they are a massive upgrade both for us and people still with i359 weapons and we need to roll on them.

Or if the sword will be fixed (and when) so we possibly want to pass the shannox drops until our guild mates with i359 weapons still have their upgrades.
ok so i reopened my ticket and now another gm said:

"As far as I can see, this weapon is currently set as 3.50 Speed, which is intended. So, it should be set there. =) Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience! "

Still would like a blue here to confirm cuz im getting different answers all the time.
Agreed, Doomwalk. I didn't get what I wanted with this weapon, and if it stays at 3.5, when the tooltip reads 3.8, I think they should refund the mats for the weapon. Sorry, but that's just ridiculous to, pardon my french, screw people over in that fashion...

But I wanted an apple, you said I was getting an apple. Sorry, you're stuck with an orange.
Agreed, Doomwalk. I didn't get what I wanted with this weapon, and if it stays at 3.5, when the tooltip reads 3.8, I think they should refund the mats for the weapon. Sorry, but that's just ridiculous to, pardon my french, screw people over in that fashion...

But I wanted an apple, you said I was getting an apple. Sorry, you're stuck with an orange.

So very true, I am trying to think of a single occasion where you could buy an item and discover it is nothing like what you were told you were buying and not be able to get a refund.

It is as if you own a 32inch TV. You decide to upgrade it to a 42 inch TV and then when you take it out of the box you discover that it is in fact a 32 inch TV, despite all the packaging saying otherwise and then the shop who sold it to you not refunding your money.

Blizzard need to tell is what is happening and then if it is a 3.5s weapon return the mats.

I guess the problem is that it will be almost impossible to fix. In my case they would have to return the mats, except the orbs which would have to be sent to a guildie.

Other people will need all the mats back as they made their own.

Others will need the price they paid on the AH returned, but without the mats being given back to the maker and the sword deleted.

And others still will need the mats returned to them, but the orbs they bought from the BS who made it returned to the BS and the gold returned to the player who bought the weapon, or just the gold they paid to have it made returned to them (the person who made it has already been paid for the orbs).

But the latter two will be hugely abused as soon as the fix is announced as people will give a guildy, say, 10k gold for the orbs, and they then receive a 10k refund and the guildie has made 2500 per orb.

The only thing blizzard can really do that is at all workable is to fix the sword to do what it is meant to do.
MED was offered as one of the enticements of 4.2, it's why I did all the rep quests, I did not see any mention of this "bug"prior to the day of it's availability.
To say "Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience! " doesn't cut it.