Dreamcloth and Firelands Patterns

Professions
So with Dreamcloth being BoP how are we suppose to get crafted cloth items without the pattern. Blacksmithing and Leatherworking can get the mats and have someone else craft it if they do not have the pattern, but with tailoring, unless I have the pattern I cannot get my boots/gloves crafted.

07/19/2011 02:36 PMPosted by Mangojoose
So with Dreamcloth being BoP how are we suppose to get crafted cloth items without the pattern. Blacksmithing and Leatherworking can get the mats and have someone else craft it if they do not have the pattern, but with tailoring, unless I have the pattern I cannot get my boots/gloves crafted.

You would want to post this over in the Professions forum. With that said the Tailored gear is meant as a perk for being a tailor.

If you are an end game raider who can use the gear (Warlocks, Shadow Priests, etc.) then you really should be a tailor anyway. Also most of the paterns you are talking about can be used by far more players then what the tailored gear is aimed towards. For instance one of the current 2nd or 3rd slot items for main hand for Warlocks is the crafted sword.
Sadly I do not agree that tailor crafted Firelands patterns are a "perk"
If that's the case then every crafting profession would have BoP materials because everything would be a perk for crafted gear.. and this is not the case.
If you have a guildie who is a Tailor, you could probably trade the mats for both the cloth and the gloves/boots. They may ask a small tip, but it would still be cheaper than buying off the auction house.
You seem to be missing the point.

Why should tailor gear be such a hassle to get when BS and LW items are as simple as going to the AH and tipping for some orbs/crafting

You seem to be missing the point.

Why should tailor gear be such a hassle to get when BS and LW items are as simple as going to the AH and tipping for some orbs/crafting
Actually, you seem to be missing the point that this is not the Profession Forum where your feedback would be useful to the devs in charge of that facet of the game. They do not read here, nor are the mods here liaison to them.
It is in the profession forum now...

Anyway, Blizzard has always limited tailoring in this method. Not saying it is right but the top cloth has been this way. However neither the items or the recipes are BOP. So you can easily find a tailor that has the recipes and get the item while working out compensation for the dreamcloths.

07/19/2011 08:16 PMPosted by Flatspriest
Actually, you seem to be missing the point that this is not the Profession Forum where your feedback would be useful to the devs in charge of that facet of the game. They do not read here, nor are the mods here liaison to them.

Your missing the point that they only respond to feedback about professions if it is in general.

Regardless all professions that can craft firelands use bop materials. Chaos orbs or dreamcloth.

Tailors get 5 dreamcloth a week plus more at considerable effort.
BS/LW get no chaos orbs unless they run heroics. Realise if your clearing say 3/7 in firelands you don't need to do any heroics for valor.

I expect by tonight to be out of orbs. That is after 3 months of farming and not selling a single orb while being valor capped each week.

Are you all mental?

I would rather pay someone for their three chaos orbs and be able to get my item crafted than to pay them for all their cloth cd and hope they have an additonal 15 orbs to make the other 3 cloth I need .. what is hard to understand about that?
You can hope they were a little ahead and stocked up prior to the patch.
Are you all mental?

I would rather pay someone for their three chaos orbs and be able to get my item crafted than to pay them for all their cloth cd and hope they have an additonal 15 orbs to make the other 3 cloth I need .. what is hard to understand about that?

My tailor has 100 dreamcloth. One day I'll get her to level 85. She hasn't received a single chaos orb.
Are you all mental?

My tailor has 100 dreamcloth. One day I'll get her to level 85. She hasn't received a single chaos orb.
07/20/2011 07:19 AMPosted by Sorelai

My 85 tailor has 37 dreamcloth and is about a week away from Molten front patterns.
My 80 tailor has 15 dreamcloth, on the other hand I had 40 before 4.2 Leg enchants don't make a lot of money but they make some.

My BS has NO chaos orbs, despite 28 Zg clears and valor capping pretty much every week for the last 6 months.

I think it's a great idea. My tailor has 50ish cloth in the bank and easy access to the embers. Oh, but no pattern. Unless I wanna pay 50k gold for it.

So now I have to get the mats all over again for cloth and find someone with embers, dreamcloth cds and the pattern. Brilliant design.

On my Hunter/Rogue I can just hit up my bank alt for mats.