Contest: Best RP Backstory - 5k+ Gold Prize

Tichondrius
Welcome to the first of many, '<Forserialmist> the guild', Tichondrius server contest events! This month will be all about roleplaying. To enter all you need to do is submit your characters personal back story. Now, this could be anything you want, from how your character transitioned from Wrath of the Lich King to Cataclysm, how your character came to be in Azeroth, or a tale of how you managed to slay a dragon with a group of friends to acquire fame! It doesn't have to be 100% lore friendly, as long as its interesting.

This is meant to be fun, so please enjoy yourselves, I wont censor anything (unless its just dumb and trying to troll), so do whatever you want! MAKE IT INTERESTING.

There will be an in game gold prize of at least 5k for the winner, and 2-1k gold for other runner-ups. (there might be more then 2 runner-ups)

Voting will be conducted by a group of judges (as we saw how voting turned out in the last contest). Judges will not be able to participate in the contest. The goal would be to have a couple people from different guilds so it remains fair. If you are interested in becoming a judge for the contest, email me at the link provided:

http://forserialmist.com/special-events/augest-2011-contest

To submit your entry, make a post here, go to the web page for my email link, or try to contact me in game (Forserialmst/Forserialpst).

Horde players are welcome to participate, but the gold prizes are on alliance side, so if you won, you would need to find some way to get it to horde :)

If you're interested in donating, please contact me DIRECTLY and do not give anything to any random person (this is bound to happen). Any and all donations will go directly to the contest winners.

Some of you may be asking, why would you just give away gold? Well you see, <Forserialmist> the guild is overflowing with money, and what better way to get rid of some, then give it to the server that loves me :)

GOOD LUCK TO ANY AND ALL WHO ENTER

The contest will end at the end of August, so you have a little more then a month to come up with some really good RP!!

(also, as this is the first of many contests, some failure may occur, please bear with me! if you have any suggestions for this contest, or future contests, feel free to email me with them, or post them here)
*update* 7/27/2011

If anyone would like to add pictures to your story, feel free (although pictures wont be counted as part of the judging), to help make the page look less blank. Only 1 or 2 images (depending on size) will be permitted.
^
^
07/23/2011 04:56 PMPosted by Forserialmst
To enter all you need to do is submit your characters personal back story

So I am doing this because everyone knows tich is an RP server at heart...lol jk jk But I did wip this out because I thought it would be a fun contest.

Growing up, Mystory was just a normal girl nothing special but felt the need to be more than just "normal".... After meeting a wise old mage named Khadgar, who was not actually old but rather a spell was casted upon him as a form of punishment, would later teach her everything he knew from all of the magical creatures in Azeroth. Learning from this mage, Mystory learned how to stay young and beautiful forever to be immortal....

Mystory quickcly became a hero to all she knew! Being such a famous and beautiful Arcanist of Dalaran she gained respect and power. Years later, the city fell in the third war,Mystory lost all of her friends and family to a mysterious plague and the frivolousness of unwanted war.

Not being able to keep the head up she once held so very high, she fell into a deep depression involving a downward spiral of drinking and being alone, which lead her to a very familiar yet "unwanted crowd" in a local Stormwind bar.

Learning over time these were more than just some outcasts, that left shadowed memories in her mind, she quickly found out these were other mages of Dalaran who had became masters of the dark arts. Devoted to furthering their understanding and use of shadow and fire based magics, along with the summoning of demons from within the Twisting Nether made her CRAVE this power. Taking the souls from others, to gain revenge for her loved ones lost, lead her to be such a powerful warlock the Shadow Council had put out several bounty on her head. All with the heads of the bounty hunters sent back in a bag.

When Deathwing attacked azeroth Mystory summoned demons who she disguised as humans to help protect the city. She felt no need to go save the world after banishing the undead from Icecrown.
Currently she resides in Stormwind above the local barber-shop keeping a low profile avoiding people and practicing dark magic...tolerated but not trusted.

The End :D
Our first contestant!!! Very nice story :) I'll add it soon.

*edit* ok its listed on the site now

http://forserialmist.com/special-events/augest-2011-contest-best-character-back-story-roleplaying

Also, if you want me to add any images to your story let me know! (you will have to make them yourself however)
there will be pics... Plz hold. I am so tired and should be asleep but I need to get them ready
http://postimage.org/image/28qng2wro/

At the barber shop keeping a "low profile"

http://postimage.org/image/28rivai5g/3fac2d6c/

remembering the loss of others.

and my Fav

http://postimage.org/image/28rntwjms/

When the magic Happens.
lol nice, glad you're getting into it :)

I added the 2 I thought went best (don't have to have to many images)
bump
deer will win
07/31/2011 01:50 AMPosted by Konradcurze
!@#$ing nerds

You shouldn't have rolled on an RP server then.
07/31/2011 01:50 AMPosted by Konradcurze
!@#$ing nerds

!@#$ing nobodies*
Hugabull was born in West Thunder Bluff to a loving, lower class tauren couple. As a child she spent much of her time on the playground, enjoying pick-up games of hoofball with her friends. She stayed out of trouble for the most part, and was devoted to her druidic studies, and aspired to be the best healer in the entire horde. Unfortunately, one fateful night, a couple of Grimhooves, who were up to no good, started making trouble in her neighborhood.
She got in one little fight and her mom got scared and she said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'
Hugabull was born in West Thunder Bluff to a loving, lower class tauren couple. As a child she spent much of her time on the playground, enjoying pick-up games of hoofball with her friends. She stayed out of trouble for the most part, and was devoted to her druidic studies, and aspired to be the best healer in the entire horde. Unfortunately, one fateful night, a couple of Grimhooves, who were up to no good, started making trouble in her neighborhood.
She got in one little fight and her mom got scared and she said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

this one wins
^
will i get a chance to win or is there bias in this thread?
08/04/2011 07:50 PMPosted by Psychopathy
will i get a chance to win or is there bias in this thread?

I don't see why not? Do I know you? Everyone is welcome to join.